Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - Tsubasa and Aya

Dex-chan lover
It indeed was a bit too aggressive, but these things needed to be said.
In Tsubasa's case, true, you can't do much about you emotional reactions when it comes to something like this, something you haven't been taught how to handle. And it's not exactly your fault you feel this way, because we can't just will certain kneejerk responses away.

And yet you're absolutely freaking responsible for your actions, and in a poor attempt to "defend" herself Tsubasa chose the worst possible words to say to Kaede.

So maybe we can't make her feel safe and happy thinking about things related to sex, yeah whatever, it's not our job.
But she could very much benefit from learning how to keep her mouth shut at times.

Group Leader
So to the person who called me delusional for the things I've said about Tsubasa last chapter: eat my whole dick and both balls, no mf is about to gaslight me into switching up how I feel about a character
There were a lot of Tsubasa simps here not too long ago. I wonder where they went...

Don't go to reddit though... they are defending Tsubasa at all costs. Simps ruin everything man.

Dex-chan lover
So here’s the test, whether or not you think the comments are too hard on Tsubasa, will she internalize any of this?

I’m not saying she needs to find Kaede and start groveling, but if she continually blames everyone else for her discomfort, then her problems go deeper than never getting sex ed.

Even if she felt the way she did, it was needlessly cruel to accuse Kaede of not fighting his rape hard enough and not maintaining his “purity” for her.
imo, it's not the time to think whether she takes takes comments correctly or not. Maybe it's not even the time to think about what she said to Kaede.
She has some major problems and she should seek professional help before going back to what she to Kaede.

Group Leader
Most of the users are praising Aya, so you won't agree with my feelings about this chapter.

Aya went too far, nobody asked her to bully Tsubasa in that way. Aya's attitude is pretty bad. It is possible to express an opinion without lecturing and shouting in the face.

Even though I don't think it'll be author's route: what if Tsubasa committed suicid3? She lost her boyfriend, she's losing her friends (Aya and the twin tail girl go away on the end) and feels totally guilty about the situation. Now she's alone in the dark crying, thinking she's abnormal (not normal). If I were Aya and Tsubasa killed herself, I'd feel responsible.

If Kaede's friends are good friends, Aya is a sincere person but definitely not a good friend.
Most of the users are praising Aya, so you won't agree with my feelings about this chapter.

Aya went too far, nobody asked her to bully Tsubasa in that way. Aya's attitude is pretty bad. It is possible to express an opinion without lecturing and shouting in the face.

Even though I don't think it'll be author's route: what if Tsubasa committed suicid3? She lost her boyfriend, she's losing her friends (Aya and the twin tail girl go away on the end) and feels totally guilty about the situation. Now she's alone in the dark crying, thinking she's abnormal (not normal). If I were Aya and Tsubasa killed herself, I'd feel responsible.

If Kaede's friends are good friends, Aya is a sincere person but definitely not a good friend.
brother, her friend is just keeping it real. cause according to the chapter she was a victim herself too and the way tsubasa was handling the conversation understandably made aya upset and angry. I dont think they are just going to up and abandon her as a friend, they want her to change and better herself

Dex-chan lover
Considering how weird and off-putting it was from the beginning that Tsubasa had this fictional idealized view of "purity", it tracks that she still has fundamental issues she will have to personally resolve within herself to grow from this.
But considering that we have hints that her parents kinda influenced her into this line of thinking, I'm very curious if Tsubasa's mom would be a point of conflict upcoming in the story.

Aya is a real one, of course

Dex-chan lover

Being a "yes man" is not a sign of a good friend.

Dex-chan lover

You're absolutely right, I def don't agree with you, her attitude was realistic about this, there's no way you're gonna calmly "talk" to someone when you find out the horrendous shit they've said to someone like what she said, especially when you were in a similar situation

Aya had every right to say everything she said to her, THAT'S why she's getting praised, we don't fuck with victim blaming, there's zero excuse for it

Dex-chan lover
So here’s the test, whether or not you think the comments are too hard on Tsubasa, will she internalize any of this?

I’m not saying she needs to find Kaede and start groveling, but if she continually blames everyone else for her discomfort, then her problems go deeper than never getting sex ed.

Even if she felt the way she did, it was needlessly cruel to accuse Kaede of not fighting his rape hard enough and not maintaining his “purity” for her.
Honestly agree.

Already had a hunch from her minor backstory a few chapters prior, but this one's really got me thinking something's going on with Tsubasa. She's got an incredibly strong aversion to sex to the point it's abnormal (I appreciate the themes of "perceived normalcy" the manga is targeting as an aside). She's a "sensitive girl" I suppose.
She mentions being fully aware that the shit she said is awful, and that she regrets it. Page 10, she says she tries her best to keep it down, but no matter what thoughts will sprout up. My imposter syndrome mind can relate with that. As Aya mentions though, there's some shit you just shouldn't say out loud.
Granted, I believe a relationship where she's constantly holding back her emotional aversion won't work out, but instead of targetting Kaede's Trauma, be more generic. As Aya mentioned, targeting the Trauma point was literally the worst thing she could've done.

Dex-chan lover

She was not sugarcoating it and being realistic. They say this because they want her to change and realize what she has done. I would rather my best friends be honest with me and not sugarcoat anything so I can learn from it. I doubt her friends are not going to be friends with her anymore. They would be bad friends if they didn't say anything. Dude, you have a lot to learn.

Dex-chan lover
That's wild. 20 years old? Surely she was lying. Sex was never, not once, spoken about in my household and yet by the age of 6 I already knew about it. Not from school, not from friends but from curiosity. The internet is so easily accessible it's hard to believe anyone wouldn't know about sex by the age of 20 unless they were Amish or something

Forgot to add, when I was 6 the internet was less accessible than it is now and pretty slow. So.. yea.
You be surprised how tight with information some homeschool parents can be internet my not have been an option until she was 20 and moved out

Aggregator gang
You're absolutely right, I def don't agree with you, her attitude was realistic about this, there's no way you're gonna calmly "talk" to someone when you find out the horrendous shit they've said to someone like what she said, especially when you were in a similar situation

Aya had every right to say everything she said to her, THAT'S why she's getting praised, we don't fuck with victim blaming, there's zero excuse for it
If it's so, tell me: how many times have you yelled in face of one of your friends/homies lecturing them about something bad he could have done? Had your friendship last long after that?

Compare the different attitude that Kaede's friends had while talking with Tsubasa with Aya's attitude. Aya could say every word she said in more collected way. I'm not criticizing her words, I'm criticizing her attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread