Sentai Daishikkaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Hunt for Red Keeper

Dex-chan lover
first day joining, not knowing shit, still go straight for the top. not sure if he's reckless or just dumb

Dex-chan lover
Well she was looking suspicious so I expected something like that. And as expected of Negi, he sure can draw hot girls.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, she was clearly covering for him the entire chapter.

Not a bad plot development, since he's clearly too stupid to get anywhere by himself. In a contrast to how Fuutarou was book-smart but stiff/bad with girls/people so he needed the quints to help him grow as a person, D has passion and determination to change but is clearly a dumb life-form with zero common sense who needs someone to teach him how to be a more convincing human, and (hopefully, as long as Negi's willing) eventually experience human things like love.

Predictable, yet interesting. MC was written to be too stupid and unlucky to pull this off without help, so he needed a companion (and will probably gain many more) to help him along and teach him some things.
*looks around* So who do we got? How about the super strong obviously drawn to look shady af ranger he met at the beginning? Probably doing it out of spite for the obviously arrogant Keepers or simply for sadistic pleasure (wouldn't be the first manga character like this), having had enough of this farce and wanting some real threat to earth to then defeat. Or maybe some tragic backstory stuffed in there at some point? Who knows.
Anyways, now that we got our super strong and probably super smart quasi-dominatrix, the MC will either continue to be kicked around by her and the plot for comedy purposes, which would suck, or he will quickly develop the necessary basics for attempting to realize his goal, making the relationship between our two main characters much, much better. In other words, this manga has every potential to completely jump the shark in my view or become quite interesting in a matter of a few chapters.

Also, if it's up to me, no romance please. But that is in all likelihood a futile hope. There's also the possibility that this story will develop into something completely different, seeing as, you know them actually conquering the world would probably not be a nice thing to do and all that. But if what it could become would be better or not, I obviously can't say. Probably either something very personal (in which case romance is all but guaranteed) or a complete plot reversal and it will be about them saving the world from the Keepers. Or it becomes incoherent garbage. Always a possibility, as well.

I friggin knew that she's going to be a nutjob,just look at her eyes

Users who are viewing this thread