Sentai Daishikkaku - Vol. 13 Ch. 122 - Yakushi Usukubo, Age 18, Part 2

Dex-chan lover
So going back to the start: That flashback child WAS Angel, at age 4. She was a normal little girl who was nearby when Yulimerida got hurt. Executives can hide themselves in human skin, and usually that seems to involve stealing the body of a dead person. However, Yulimerida was injured and close to death, so she couldn't use the full ability to completely possess Angel. Instead her mind "took refuge" in Angel's body, and has been dormant there ever since. You can read Chapter 115 if you want a refresher (literally titled "Angel, Age 4").
I just read it, and it kind of doesn't answer my question.

At the beginning of the chapter,we see Angel and Yakushi in front of a grave, Angel doesn't know who the grave is for and he tells her that's her mother's tomb, implying it to be Yulimerida.

What I want to know, is what happened to the mind of the little girl before Yulimerida took refuge in her body, because chapter 115 seems to imply that the process completely erased her memories and she forgot who she was prior to having her body inhabited by an invader. Otherwise I cannot see a little girl willingly following a strange man she just met during an attack without asking where is her family.

Did Yakushi kill her father and mother, did he use the confusion of the attack to hide that he basically kidnapped a little girl, giving the impression to authorities that she died during the fight ? Would it be possible for Angel to remember who she was before the attack and subsequent inhabitation by Yulimerida, or is the little girl's mind completely gone ?

Dex-chan lover
I just read it, and it kind of doesn't answer my question.

At the beginning of the chapter,we see Angel and Yakushi in front of a grave, Angel doesn't know who the grave is for and he tells her that's her mother's tomb, implying it to be Yulimerida.

What I want to know, is what happened to the mind of the little girl before Yulimerida took refuge in her body, because chapter 115 seems to imply that the process completely erased her memories and she forgot who she was prior to having her body inhabited by an invader. Otherwise I cannot see a little girl willingly following a strange man she just met during an attack without asking where is her family.

Did Yakushi kill her father and mother, did he use the confusion of the attack to hide that he basically kidnapped a little girl, giving the impression to authorities that she died during the fight ? Would it be possible for Angel to remember who she was before the attack and subsequent inhabitation by Yulimerida, or is the little girl's mind completely gone ?
She was 4 years old, so she wouldn't have many memories from before then anyway. Even if she did lose her memories from the shock (which I'm kinda leaning towards, since the name "Angel" feels too fitting as the vessel for Yulimerida to be a coincidence), that doesn't mean she became a totally different person. I figure her personality didn't really change, she just couldn't remember if she had a different family which made it very easy for Yakushi to say "Yes, I'm your father."

Heck, Yulimerida possessing her might not have even been the direct reason she lost her memories. The whole situation was pretty chaotic. If her parents died in that battle and she saw it, her brain might have blocked the memories or had her go into a dissociative state that made her very suggestible to Yakushi being her dad.

Dex-chan lover
On a re-read, I realized the guy in the hat on pages 2 & 3 looks almost exactly like the same guy that harassed Hisui at her school after invaders killed her family. The one she nearly beat to death before realizing she'd never be normal, leading her to joining the rangers. I guess he stuck with Yakushi.

Users who are viewing this thread