Sentai Daishikkaku - Vol. 13 Ch. 122 - Yakushi Usukubo, Age 18, Part 2

Dex-chan lover
Did Negi suddenly change his mind to give the Toku nerd his waifu while he was drawing the flashback chapters?

Dex-chan lover
so... yulmerida wanted to be together as humans in the flashback but now yakushi in the present says he wants to be together as invaders...

Dex-chan lover
Right now she's possessed by Yulemerida, who's been dormant in her body this whole time and has apparently now woken up. Noticeable from her eyes, which are now both light colored.
Wait so who was the little girl that got possessed by Yulimerida in the flashback ? Is Angel a completely new personality that appeared once Yulimerida entered that girl's body ? Does that mean that Angel, as we know her, will dissapear if Yulimerida leaves her body ?

Dex-chan lover
Wait so who was the little girl that got possessed by Yulimerida in the flashback ? Is Angel a completely new personality that appeared once Yulimerida entered that girl's body ? Does that mean that Angel, as we know her, will dissapear if Yulimerida leaves her body ?
No, Angel has been her own person up until this point. Yulimerida just decided to take control of her body. It's a common trope that the mind of the possessed gets pushed or pulled down and kept locked while the one possessing is taking control. So there have always been only two "personalities": Angel and Yulimerida.

Dex-chan lover
So going back to the start: That flashback child WAS Angel, at age 4. She was a normal little girl who was nearby when Yulimerida got hurt. Executives can hide themselves in human skin, and usually that seems to involve stealing the body of a dead person. However, Yulimerida was injured and close to death, so she couldn't use the full ability to completely possess Angel. Instead her mind "took refuge" in Angel's body, and has been dormant there ever since. You can read Chapter 115 if you want a refresher (literally titled "Angel, Age 4").

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about anyone else, but I would be utterly and completely shocked if this arc does NOT end with Angel regaining the use of her body. There are so many flags for her surviving and the executive not. So, so many flags.

I mean, it's totally random that she suddenly took it over just now. Probably she's using up the last of her soul energy or something so that she can help him one last time.

Actually, since I grew to kind of like this executive in the flashbacks, it feels a bit sad to have the author tease us with the prospect of her return and then take it away. I like Angel, but to be blunt she doesn't have much personality yet, still struggling to find her identity. Whereas the executive knows exactly who she is, a black sheep among the executives who just wanted someone to talk to, stoic and tragic despite having a sinful past (and future, considering she takes lives whenever she has a reason to). Really, what I'd like most is for both of them to survive, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread