Sentai Daishikkaku - Vol. 9 Ch. 82 - Monster Zoo, Part 3

Dex-chan lover
Just in case, I'm gonna ask. What does JFC stands for again, here? Japan something something? or Jesus Fuckin' Christ?

Make your bets red is actually immortal or the why he is important is more a image thing

Dex-chan lover
No way Red Ranger died that easily. He would've seen it coming, just like how Green Ranger knew D appeared behind him after the deconstruction and reconstruction thingy a few chapters ago. Also, Usukubo, what is going on with you?!?!

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, so many question, so little answers.
I'm kinda confused by IRA's members reaction to Usukubo - some look like they recognize her, some act like she's there for the first time, while Usukubo herself walks in like it's usual business for her. I guess, she's acquainted with a few of them through that relative of hers who looks like a top dog in IRA?
Also, that unknown executive, did he just spawn from a trapped monster or something?

Last edited:

cgr

Dex-chan lover
He would've seen it coming, just like how Green Ranger knew D appeared behind him after the deconstruction and reconstruction thingy a few chapters ago
completely different situations though:
1. it's partly because D shouted : 'mwahaha...' when he tried backstabbing Green, https://mangadex.org/chapter/545616fe-c9f6-4a84-8e81-4b07b875277a/6 , D went for silent approach against Red
2. D noted that a complete reconstruction takes time , and conscious is hazy : https://mangadex.org/chapter/545616fe-c9f6-4a84-8e81-4b07b875277a/8
3. D had already tried to kill Green multiple times earlier , Green would naturally be more on guard than Red.

I'm kinda confused by IRA's members reaction to Usukubo - some look like they recognize her
XX recognized Usukubo as a ranger cadet, because XX was disguised as Ranmaru

relative of hers who looks like a top dog in IRA?
yeah, they called her relative 'chairman' so most likely

Last edited:
That's one possibility. The other is that red is very much mortal, but has some sort of utility. The consequences of killing him would be worse than keeping his egomaniacal ass around. Personally, I hope he's dead, and things are about to get interesting.

Hisui asked why they don't just kill Red, and Green responded "if only it was that simple," IIRC.
Yes it can be somesort like social influence etc, but i think that way cause when the flashback chapter about the blue keeper recruited by the red keeper, i just had the feeling this dude is actually had a old ages or immortal when he is showing the recording about the ranger fighting

Dex-chan lover
XX recognized Usukubo as a ranger cadet, because XX was disguised as Ranmaru
Dunno who's Ranmaru, but i guess, it would make sense, if it's really XX. And, I guess, that Daidai guy just used a keigo phrase, is all.
yeah, they called her relative 'chairman' so most likely
Oh, yeah, that might be a huge clue to my theory :ROFLMAO: Gotta be getting more sleep this days, i guess.

Dex-chan lover
Is it dupe usukubo? After she picked the shiny thang or is it a drop? (Skipped from chap 50)

Dex-chan lover
too many things happened in this chapter and I'm all ready for the next ones.

Dex-chan lover
However, Red is such a unique character that I ultimately still doubt Negi killed him off this quickly, and his strength is so impressive that I doubt his defense is weak. D's face is truly priceless though, like the dog that caught the car.
Maybe, but consider how quickly Negi killed off Blue Keeper - despite giving us a long hard fought fight to give a sense of his power, and a soulful backstory, the way he went down still felt sudden and surprising. I think we were supposed to be as hurt and disappointed as D.

This manga is a deconstruction of ranger fiction. It examines questions like "how could you have such a tame enemy that you could do regular Sunday battles." I think killing blue keeper was supposed to be the start of deconstructing the plot armor awarded to rangers. They can and do die from the same wounds that would kill us. They bleed as we do.

Also, totally unrelated, Suzukiri has gone missing and now an executive that nobody has seen before shows up, one with long golden hair. Think this is related or am I schizoing out? Wonder what Green did to her. The fact that those monsters were once human mean that humans can become invaders, so that's another data point.

Last edited:
This is probably one of my favorite chapters of this series so far. We have Usukubo setting up the Invaders Right Association, which is usually always a HUGE, nice interesting conflict in any tokusatsu. Then, the Red Ranger's death is a nice setup for just adding into this conflict. I just know it's going to get real after this.

Users who are viewing this thread