Serial Killer Isekai ni Oritatsu - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The Murderer And The Debt Collector

Hello, I was the person who TL the split chapter 3 (3.1 and 3.2). It was my first time TL a manga, so I was really uncertain how it would turn out. Since this group posted the full chapter just a few hours later, I wondered how my TL would compare to theirs. Can you guys give me your thoughts? Much appreciated!

Group Leader
Trap probably, and her name is Shiruky (Translator use Shirukyi but I don't think that's how it should be rendered)
The name is
  • シルキィ so, shirukyi because of the (キィ) Kyi, shiruki in japanese is シルキ

Dex-chan lover
Ohhh, so he was taught by his sister when young.

There is part of his origin story.

this was something I never understood. why do the people who do these one-man "snipes" never mention anything about joining the original group to get the chapters out, or the "sniped" groups reach out to the person and ask if they'd like to join the team. it just makes sense.
well, you got a point there but oh well, everybody can do any scan they want since no manga belongs to anyone except the artist, writer and publishers :)
Also on a side note, the guy who did the other chapters joined up the discord and is now part of the team for chapter four. this is how friends are made <3
Trap probably, and her name is Shiruky (Translator use Shirukyi but I don't think that's how it should be rendered)
This is going to be explained in the extra chapter of volume 1, as why her name is "Shirukyi" and not "Shiruky". It's something you'd only understand in Japanese but oh well~

Honestly I don't care about snipes, TL quality and interpretation from each person / group is different, also one with watermark, and the other didn't watermark, faster, and was kinda same quality. So why not let anyone who want to TL just post it? You can just pick the best that suit your tastes. Also there is no guarantee one / both is gonna continue till the end so backup is always a good thing.
You are right in every aspect! Everyone can publish their version of the scan. I just have bad experience a few months ago when somebody stole my translations and scans, removed my credits and put their patreon link to it and earned money (I could see it since they had more supportes after stealing all 8 of my chapters).

Supporter
Still waiting to see how Shirayuki is going to kill him without intention.

I think the key is to kill without malice. You don't kill him because you hate him and wish the see him dead, you kill him because you love killing and just happens to be the target of your love!

Dex-chan lover
Yamazaki sure is scum! Our MC is forced to slay again. Excited to see how they go about it

Dex-chan lover
He’s probably going to kill using a trap, and might use someone else to trigger the trap for safe measure.

Aggregator gang
You are right in every aspect! Everyone can publish their version of the scan. I just have bad experience a few months ago when somebody stole my translations and scans, removed my credits and put their patreon link to it and earned money (I could see it since they had more supportes after stealing all 8 of my chapters).
Still wish no watermarking though, for me it ruin my immersion when reading whenever I saw that quite big watermark. Since from here on everything gonna all be watermarked to death, kinda sucks though to punish everyone just because 1 person. Also can't you just report it to patreon for stealing literally copyrighted product (manga)?

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Hello, I was the person who TL the split chapter 3 (3.1 and 3.2). It was my first time TL a manga, so I was really uncertain how it would turn out. Since this group posted the full chapter just a few hours later, I wondered how my TL would compare to theirs. Can you guys give me your thoughts? Much appreciated!
Since I don't have the raw, so I can't comment about tl quality but it's quite good. The only problem is which is correct for the debt, is it 50k or 500k?

Dex-chan lover
I thought at first her "no kill" mindset was a ploy to get around his ability.
I think a trap (ie pit fall) might still set off his detection, since it was made to injure. The way around his ability would be to seal him in a location and then use fire or poison to kill. A glue trap might not set off his detection.

Dex-chan lover
How to deceive hostile detection? By overlaying the threat with another intention, such as a poisonous drink served by someone else or a bomb package delivered by a courier, perhaps.

Dex-chan lover
The French version already have chapter 4 in full. And you get to see the reasoning why this guy choose his power.
Thanks for letting me know, now I have motivation to learn French so I don't fail high-school

Dex-chan lover
Also on a side note, the guy who did the other chapters joined up the discord and is now part of the team for chapter four. this is how friends are made <3
Another say "Hostile Detection", but this is say "Detect Malice". I just hope it will consistent on the next release.

Users who are viewing this thread