Serious questions about this blow-up (the other thread is eploding too much to be useful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Can someone fill me in on the previous thread about the statements regarding MD readers/community being a “toxic mess” (in regards to the scanlators)?

I get that certain individuals asked for frequent releases, but I need more clarity on this. Everything else about the drama I I’ve heard from both sides.

@Xzayer They were called out for long delays to force people to their sites and then when they got snipped people cheered the snipers and called these groups the chosen people they are.

@holo ye thats fair its just that your dream is more possible than going to the moon. Acquiring partnerships nowadays with license holders isnt hard, as someone who has witnessed such partnerships, I see your dream as something thats nearly certain to take place unless you lose motivation.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Morpheus We'll probably make an announcement on all this due to the amount of misinformation and smearing flying around.

Also I think you might be underestimating how difficult it is to acquire all the licenses to cover the majority of MD's content, not to mention the astronomical costs that would involve.

Signing a deal with a single publisher is probably easy, as you state, but doing that for 100 publishers, not so easy.

For that reason, going legit may always remain a pipe dream, unless you happen to have a billion dollars you can send my way.

Group Leader
@madbottler

Here you go again, I dunno where this conversation with you will go again. You're a pure hater boy. Get some life ^^

@Holo
out of curiosity, have anybody ever done a rough calculation or managed to contact a publisher for an example? The content I see getting translated the most these days are some LN to manga adaptation (isekais etc.) in a lesser publishing company, we're not talking jump or sunday here. I bet some of them would be ascetic to touch a foreign market especially if it doesn't cost them any manpower, assuming translation would be done on MD's side, although i do agree it will be more difficult getting bigger companies to join. It seems like a manageable business idea to rake a lot of hidden gems from small publishers that big US distributors would never touch.

And there is also the fact that a lot of these content aren't weekly would mean that it would be less profitable for big publishers ? Just some ideas really, i don't even think its too far fetched, but you will need somebody with a business experience dealing with Japanese publishing.

Miku best girl
Admin
@kinosseur

I'm not sure, because all this talk is conjecture and random musings. We aren't actively planning on "going legit" as all the misinformation is claiming.

@Holo when you put it that way then ye these groups basically used this dream as a loophole to legitimise their removal lmao in hopes of convincing the outsiders.

@kinosseur

For a manhua thats really popular its roughly 50k usd for a 3 year loan ( i got various figures but avgs to this sum) now imagine that x1000 projects available on MD.

It would basicly be cheaper to build the Orange in Chiefs border wall out of solid gold then go legit and keep every series

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
I'm locking this thread as I have others. We really don't want the drama to spread beyond the initial thread: https://mangadex.org/thread/92399

Thanks,

Zeph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread