Serious questions about this blow-up (the other thread is eploding too much to be useful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be nice if we have mediators between scanlator and mangadex.
if mangadex release paper on their future would solve one issue.
Readers trolling and abusing scanlator is wrong, this behaviour should be modrated.

@lightingdx wow that sense of entitlement. Groups are free to leave if they wish, and they don't have an obligation to upload here for your convenience. I don't necessarily agree with the way those groups went about this, but you aren't exactly making the community look great either.

Dex-chan lover
30+ pages to go... 30 pages hype!
kzfIomNW.jpg

Dex-chan lover
If you look at credits pages you notice there is a lot of staff burnout, most groups dont last even a decade, take RedHawks Scans that started in 03/31/08 as Noizy Scanlations and closed on 11/15/15 as a example, some groups or rather some people are noisy ... In fact ...

Reason why MangaDex started was because Batoto closed and how did Batoto started ... well, back then aggregators like MangaFox existed and one day a translator that was very active among groups as well releasing under his own name, PROzess decided that he didnt like then and made a hell of a noise about it, some groups that didnt like MangaFox and the like joined in and suddenly watermarks everywhere and Batoto was a site like MangaDex that was set up by Grumpy (that was part of a group called The Company) and most groups uploaded there because Batoto sold itself as respecting the groups (who still released there with hugeass watermarks, THAT took a while to die out) before ... it started to do some strange things, I am raging on Batoto but this is important as knowing the past, such as having adSense that because you know how Google loves adult stuff started to ... remove certain series that contained elements that would likely not go well with Google, of course that didnt work because Google aint dumb and would take more notice of the oh uploaded without authorization from the copyright holders translated chapters that of what the actual chapters had (and I am pretty sure /a/ reported then too) but here is the thing, the removed series stayed removed even after adSense left.

So drama always existed, in fact MangaDex is here now because Batoto closed and Batoto was such a central site because PROzess rallying up against MangaFox that made many groups just starting uploading to Batoto to deny MangaFox and such sites traffic.

Aggregator gang
@justanothermanganerd

There was a link posted by @elamahpla deep in that thread with the announced groups and the affected titles. (It looks complete, but you would have to look at the specific groups to be sure)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XqnN06TNvRzDGPxsddv7eUYWsG8GFmxcJKe4aw-mPvA/preview

And not to relitigate anything in that thread, but I was shocked and dismayed by the posts in that thread. 36 pages and absolutely no one said the OP was secretly Dio.
https://pics.awwmemes.com/you-expected-a-clever-comment-but-it-was-me-dio-34905154.png

Dex-chan lover
@sterven
and the fact that it launched the same day (or close to) is just an unfortunate coincidence.
it's not even a coincidence
it's been planned when the announcement/launch will be (it was announced on group leader channel on discord AFAIK)
and some people use the opportunity, maybe hoping to delay or even stop it, glad MD staff still decided to do it though

If nobody is uploading here what's to stop them from having their series sniped by a not profit driven group? And until then to the Aggregomobile!

Dex-chan lover
@DrunkinDonut

Thanks for the list.

All in all personally it only affects some of the title i follows, should be manageable to follow at respective group sites.

Still hoping the group and MD will amend someday but well...

Aggregator gang
"Both sides" crap is bullshit. Mangadex does their best to support scanlation groups, full stop. JB is known to be greedy and petulant, and they've assembled a team of "backers" who either have childish, personal issues with MD, or are just as greedy as they are.

Mangadex is in the right, no debate. The whiny groups are simply acting like petulant children. Ridiculous.

Dex-chan lover
@primrosea
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since it just reeks of coincidence to me. You may be right but in the end we don't know for a fact.

Dex-chan lover
@niggardly
If nobody is uploading here what's to stop them from having their series sniped by a not profit driven group? And until then to the Aggregomobile!
that's the beauty of MD (and the scene in general), nothing can stop them/us to snipe, after all it's the readers' choice which one to read, it's just not recommended since the work could be used for another, less known manga(s)
the only thing to avoid is uploading chapter(s) here against group's wishes, we don't want to be KM

@sterven
you can ask any group leader/power uploader to confirm this but as Holo said
The instigators of the drama knew about the upcoming announcement

Dex-chan lover
@primrosea
Unless I see for myself I refuse to believe "all" the groups who signed that are that much of a scumbag, but then again i'm not about to sit here and defend them because i know for a fact several of those groups only care about the profit so take this as my last take on the subject, you may be right, you may be wrong, I sure as hell don't know but i won't assume.

I was wondering what all the commotion on discord was about and what do I see, a stupid thing again?

I am one of those leechers who used to use mangafox back in the day, it was awesome to have one place to go to in order to see if my favourite manga has been updated. Once I noticed that updated dried up, I moved to bato. But we all know how that story went and that is why we are here now. Having gone through various manga aggregators and sites, I have to say that MangaDex is by far the most awesome one.

The moderns design.
The functionality.
The reader.
---->Dark theme!!!!!<---- So many get it wrong.

MangaDex ticks all the boxes for me and I wish CR and J-novel would take some cues from MD on how to do manga reader. Especially CR, if not for 1-2 mangas they are doing I would not have any to even visit that orange abomination or keep my subscription alive. God, their manga reader is so fucking awful, who uses flash player nowadays, sigh, whatever.
Now that I think about it, I actually dropped quite a lot of manga when mangafox and bato went through their turmoil, and never picked it back up again.

There is a demand for simulpub of manga, but the offering from CR and J-novel are not so stellar. Bookwalker is doing simulpub as well in a limited capacity, but you pretty much have to buy every chapter, 1$ for weekly and about 2$ for monthly, if am not mistaken. Certainly you can get a lot of manga from CR, but their reader is so god awful. Despite CR having some of the manga I used to read on mangafox in the past, I cant bring myself to pick it up again because their reader is trash level.
There is a demand for simulpub, otherwise, we would not have a bunch of scanlation groups, translating, redrawing and typesetting manga for basically free. If you look around, you can find a fair share of manhwa locked behind a pay wall.
If MD can pull off a working revenue model for manga simulpub, more power to them!

I sometimes express my dissatisfaction in comment section in regards to Champion scans, usually in a rather vulgar way. Because fuck them and their rotten attitude, people who wants a cake and eat it deserve to be hated. There is not enough of cookies in the universe to stop my hate for people who would do 2-3 chapters and then stop for the next 8 fucking month. Then when a different group tries to do said manga, they immediately release a chapter to show that they are still "working on it", then never release another chapter for month.

Dex-chan lover
durn it for-profit practice! are turning hospital into for-profit organization not enough for you? are you only satisfied after every human suffer for-profit practice in every dimension possible?

Aggregator gang
It amazes me how much of a pussy MangaDex staff is. Scanlators have a fucking zero rights on the manga they translate, a fucking zero. You want to go legit? Sounds fine to me. But right now this is a pirate's site, so be a pirate.
@Holo, what do you gain from "being good and considerate" guy towards scanlators anyway?

@Insignificant lol dude, these scanlators are just big babies. I've had people DM me over hurt feelings and I've been moderated by the staff for some reason as well. That one retard crying in this thread to lock it is especially funny. I think MD wants to be nicer to these guys so they do upload here willingly.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Insignificant

That's the model on which we choose to operate, and so far it's been working well. A handful of groups leaving is admittedly a minor inconvenience, but they account for a tiny minority of groups using the site.
Their titles may also get taken by other groups in the future.

Dex-chan lover
I bet Jaimini are joining this shitfest because a ton of their series are already officially released for free by the publisher and needs to drive more traffic to their own site to maximize chance of donations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread