Sesame Salt and Pudding - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Chapter 10

Aggregator gang
It's always interesting to me how each of the males (except the ML) are portrayed negatively in very different yet similar fashions.

Construction dude, the dad and this dude all seem to be possessive, overprotective and unable to communicate or understand her feelings. Their conflicts raise from a lack of understanding and then attempt to undermine the scenario with brute force. They disregard the FL's feelings and thoughts and instead strive for their ideal outcome. It's a really cool approach because they come off as assholes(which they sometimes are) yet aren't malicious, trying to help the FL.

I personally think it comes across as well written and entertaining. I could draw parallels to "toxic masculinity" but I don't think that was the authors goal. Instead to show that if you look too far ahead you can't see the person in front of you.

I don’t get when the childhood frined characters become protective and mad when the girl gets a boyfriend... you had like at least 10 years to confess and do something about it and you didn’t so why bother doing it now smh

Thanks very much for this! I read it in one sitting because it was so good. Kudos to the translator, and the author! 😅 Really, thank you to the translators that picked this up. T~T

Get wrekt, thotboy. Tho if they really can resolve the problem quietly without some giant stupid confrontation with the boys in front of Haruhi that would be practically groundbreaking.

Thank you very much for amazing work!

@dudewithmagic: I totally agree with you!
For example in one of the previous chapter Ossan was also angry when MF was in trouble, he was also worried about her but instead of nagging/lecturing or force her to do things that he thinks might be good for her, he just tries to control his feeling and respect her choice. I think that makes huge different.

Really appreciate how Ossan's character is so mature and intentional!!

Thanks so much for the translation!!

Group Leader
@pokeito seriously. it makes me so mad when childhood friends try to breakup relationships bc they're jealous that someone else confessed first and didn't get turned down. just bc we've been together since we're kids doesn't mean we need to be romantically involved lol.

Thanks for the chapter, I always look forward to this story :)
@Rozzak I completely agree, I liked their little discussion on calligraphy and art appreciation!

uhshahha i really hope he’s not the apprentice because that kid has a pretty shitty personality. if he really loved her, his priority would be her happiness, but the main problem with him is that he seems selfishly possessive of her

Supporter
Thanks for tall the translations!1 Binged this all in one go, and now i'm stuck. help

Wish Aya was there to actually see him in his rain drenched glory LOL

Thank you for the update! I read all the chapters in one go it's so good. I'm so glad that dude got rekt. But I have a feeling he won't give up that easily (unfortunately he might even be the apprentice that Ossan will take on.) No matter, I think he will have even less of an excuse to go against Haruhi's marriage.

Users who are viewing this thread