Seton Academy: Join the Pack! - Vol. 10 Ch. 65 - Fertile Love

Dex-chan lover
I can only guess that Tonda is a joke on the name Pig pen from what was it, charliebrown? It would have been better if that pig was after her boobs, rather than her shit... if they kissed, it'd be like going a2m2a2m2many other asses... blehhh!

Double-page supporter
@Misticsan
Not like any religious person will ever admit that as the reason though, at least not without some serious cognitive dissonance. Pretty sure it was the same for shellfish, red tide and all that.

Fed-Kun's army
@SuppeBargeld
Pigs were domesticated and were part of the diet in Mesopotamia, Egypt, Syria and Anatolia since the Neolithic, and it became even more prevalent under Greek and Roman rule in those regions. Even if we disregard the possibility that Hebrews and Arabs likely raised pigs before the religious ban kicked in, there were lots of foreign cultures and religions around them that ate pork. Already in the 12th century, Maimonides, the famous Jewish philosopher and court physician to Saladin, argued that religious dietary prohibitions were due to health issues and was very much aware of that pigs fed on feces, rubbish and other unclean things. "The mouth of a swine is as dirty as dung itself".

Dex-chan lover
page 3 :
- the small letters are short for : H = Hino Hitomi the human , M = Mei Mei the panda , L = Lanka the wolf . At 1st i was confused : M = Mei Mei , or M = Miyubi the slut , er , the sloth . Then i checked the raw and realized that the sloth doesnt say anything .
- "instant rejection" is a little wrong , the correct translation is "instant kill" .

page 6 : when i read the raw , i thought those black things are sh!ts , lol .

page 7 : "pigs like cleanliness" ????? what about the slang pigsty = A dirty or very untidy place ?

nightingale droppings : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uguisu_no_fun .

Group Leader
@daywithoutgames For the whole Mei/Miyubi thing, I decided to just keep it as M since it's pretty easy to tell based on how differently Miyubi and Mei-mei speak. Also that Miyubi just doesn't speak at all for most ch. When she does come up I'll put her down as Mi I guess.
As for the translation, the literal translation is "instant kill" but while that gets the point across, it just sounds clunky in English.
And pigs do actually like cleanliness, did some searching after this ch and just like our boy Tonda said, lots of misconceptions about pigs. They're pretty cool, you should check out stuff about them.

Dex-chan lover
it's pretty easy to tell based on how differently Miyubi and Mei-mei speak... When she does come up I'll put her down as Mi I guess
@Agsilver
Might as well make it "Mi" and "Me". Maybe "Mei" could work too since it's small enough. Or how about "3" for Miyubi.

page 7 : "pigs like cleanliness" ????? what about the slang pigsty = A dirty or very untidy place ?
@daywithoutgames
This chapter also explains why pigs are associated with uncleanliness in page 13. Unlike koalas and rabbits, pigs aren't obligate poo eaters.
Plenty of articles describe pigs as being clean despite its reputation.
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150924-the-truth-about-pigs

Fed-Kun's army
@Jimsock1

Exactly the screencap I expected.

@SuppeBargeld

The most likely theory I've heard on the banning of pork in those cultures is the trichinosis problem. Intriguingly, that parasite is carried in dog meat as well, which is also forbidden. Fun fact: pigs are the most well-known "unclean animals" in Judaism, but dogs are the unclean animal most commonly used in insults throughout the bible, both old and new testament.

There's also the theory that the clean/unclean animals distinctions, as well as most of the rest of the Jewish dietary laws, were simply there to keep the Jews different from the surrounding peoples in the region, so as to preserve their own cultural or religious identity under circumstances where it could easily have been wiped out via conquest, captivity, or marrying into other regional cultures. (This could definitely apply to Islam as well.)

The truth is probably somewhere between those two ideas, or a mix of both. (Remember, the dietary laws are in the same books of the torah as "this is what you do if mold starts growing on the walls of your house".)

Dex-chan lover
Amazing how even when she gets a chapter to develop, Yukari continues to be a horrible, one-note character.

Users who are viewing this thread