Seton Academy: Join the Pack! - Vol. 8 Ch. 54.6 - Animal Academy Volume 2 Extras

Group Leader
Pretty sure this is the first time we ever even got a glimpse at Lanka's underwear. It's just a tiny part of her bra, but it's something.

So Meimei is actually missing from the anime adaptation for some "obvious" reason I don't know... But she has a proper character design?

Google's english search didn't reveal anything relevant, neither the wiki... So the hypothesis is that they are preparing some long winded joke based in these facts...

- The anime adaptation for most of the events isn't 1:1...

- She's missing from the opening and ending... But the fact that even Anne already appears there could be a red herring.

- The anime didn't even arrived in her manga introduction yet. The episode 5 (according to the preview) is an equivalent of chapters 9 and 10 and her official introduction is chapter 23...

- Given that her character has this "spotlight stealing squadron vibe"... The fact that she gets a customized opening later isn't farfetched...

This reasoning has more holes than a swiss cheese... So feel free to correct it as much as needed...

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

@mrponeis I think Japan don't want to make trouble with Chinese people/audience? Thats why they made Meimei into side chara or cameo?
Because Chinese is a bit sensitive when non Chinese country adapted their most beloved animal "Panda". Remember when there is a backlash from Kungfu Panda just because Dreamworks made Po eye color different than the real Panda? And remembering this manga using some trivia "myth, legend, or real facts regarding the animal traits into this characters" the studio didn't really want to take a risk. Because mostly Meimei as a Panda Trivia are mostly for Jokes, for example, she is M, attention whore (because she is protected animal), etc.

@Cencourang I knew they had some issues with Taiwan independence... And that Jackie Chan, Blizzard and some K-Pop group had some episodes with... I knew from a youtube video they went around changing some Pokemon names too... But the thing with Kung Fu Panda is news to me...

And probably every anime production committee have a chinese representative nowadays...

This could get ugly very fast... How many time since Jackie Chan appeared in Gintama? Chao Lingshen and Kuu Fei from Mahou sensei Negima? I think Hetalia had a Chinese representative... Lots of retellings of the Romance of Three Kingdoms and the Journey to the West including the very Dragon Ball... Don Chinjao and the guys from Ka no Kuni in One Piece... Oh Man... Huang Linyin from Infinite Stratos was the most recent animated example? So many favorites... You think they could be adapted out in the near future?

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

(1) Houjou Miyoko and Kuga Terunori from Shokugeki no Souma have chinese influence in their cuisine...
(2) Esther Rosenthal from To Aru Kagaku no Accelerator has a chinese base for her necromantic magic...
(3) Full Metal Alchemist have an entire chinese Facsimile in the country of Xing!
(4) The third season to be of Log Horizon has an arc in the Chinese server...
(5) There is a Panda in the Shirokuma Cafe anime... But I didn't get to watch this one yet...

@mrponeis You can search article regarding Kung Fu Panda, its funny, just because the eyes color, many people got offended there. LoL

Hmm, I don't really know. But if you compared Meimei character with the Pandas Character that you mention, Meimei character are one of those comic relief character. The simple thing to say is, she is a Joke.

Have you ever read Chinese modern literature such as Chinese Webnovel? Especially the theme of the story is the modern world? Well, if you read, the almost the popular tittle in Chinese webnovels that have that theme (modern world), have a tone of racism towards other country, especially Japan and America. And thinking about how SJW and keyboard warriors works this day, I think "maybe" Japan take a little careful with materials that refers to Chinese culture. Maybe as long as the materials is good and safe, maybe Japan can keeps using Chinese reference.

The problem is the time/Era. Right now and back then are very different. You know, SJW everywhere, even a little thing that we never think could be a huge problem, can be a huge problem. For example, Even right now, there a lot of people from western saying that Eichiiro Oda artwork are over sexualized a women. But in reality, Oda is a huge fans of western comic and cartoon artstyle (thats why so many bizzare looking creature, and almost all beautiful woman has violin type of body), because Oda mix the Japan artstyle with Western art style. Well, thats SJW for you. Everyone need to be careful this days thanks to them.

@Cencourang Yep I would like to forget that ANYONE can be offended by ANYTHING nowadays...

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2011-05/29/content_22665416.htm

I like to think that SJW are a really loud minority... and that it isn't a sin to wear noise cancelling earphones near them...

In Meimei's case I will wait for the chapter making fun of the fact that she was cut of the anime adaptation... Cause the production committee couldn't afford her wages... Since her studying in "Shiiton Gakuen" was a lease contract with a chinese zoo in the first place... Cause discussing censorship doesn't seem a fight Yamashita-sensei could buy now...

But just one more thing: The colored pages got Meimei eyecolor right? Maybe cause the chinese are alright seeing pandas making fool of themselves on a daily basis most of the jokes could be ok? Although it's more of the case "we CHINESE can make fun of pandas but if you JAPANESE do it is offensive"... The human mind is REALLY fascinating...

And now that I think about it the anime itself is "Seton Gakuen" and it's more the fact that Japan adapted the name by hearing when he was first published...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Thompson_Seton

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/アーネスト・トンプソン・シートン

And nope, probably chinese kung fu movies is the maximum I consumed about chinese culture... and only the mainstream part, that would be Jackie Chan and Jet Li... and the fact that according some scientific article ketchup is of chinese origin...

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/food/the-plate/2014/04/21/how-was-ketchup-invented/

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

RIP chinese dolphins

fuck chinks for eating anything that move they deserve corona tbh

Dex-chan lover
since page 9 , i know that the cookies are trouble because they have the shape of a koala head , so that means the sh!tty koala made them .

and it is funny that some chineses were triggered because po , from kung fu panda , has green eyes . and the end of murenase episode 5 shows that mei mei the panda girl will appear in episode 6 , and she has green eyes too .

@Dagger I didn't last a week... Not a record to be proud of... The fact that Anne was there and they had the Ancient crew shadows since day one, but not a hint of Mei Mei or Feung Feung(?) really threw me off...

Users who are viewing this thread