Seton Academy: Join the Pack!

gonna be straight.
I ain't gonna brave google images to figure out wtf a haijaijai whatever is.
finger-nose is too much nightmare fuel.
...i actually kinda think it might be something like a seahorse but idk.

Fed-Kun's army
What's with that weird volumes numbers?
Why do we get back to 1 after 6 ?

And well.... It was quite good at the begining, but it quickly devolves into a shitty manga.

Fed-Kun's army
Any cool cat in the chat wana spoil how good the romance is in this?

Does it progress or does it seem like the authors never been in a real relationship?

Honestly, the romance in this is pretty much non-existent in the first couple dozen chapters I've read of this. The male MC really only has eyes for the only other female human, but he keeps getting swarmed with the non-human animal girls that he absolutely despises. Personally, I like this premise, but if typical fucking anima/manga logic goes: first grill is going to be with the MC at the end. There are so few series that has broken this trope that they could easily be counted on fingers. Other than that, expect Lanka/Ranka the wolf girl to be the one the MC ends up getting together with. I don't expect an actual harem-esque ending to this. Or a proper ending at all, if I'm honest, because this is shounen trash.

Also, expect some light hearted melodrama that's more infuriating after resolution than heartwarming.

When Lanka/Ranka goes into heat and Jin basically tells her to fuck off with that shit, she runs away and sulks, everyone guilt trips Jin into apologizing to Ranka/Lanka, Jin apologizes to her, and things then go back to normal. I was actually rather surprised at how much I enjoyed Jin telling Ranka to fuck off with her bullshit and she actually fucked off (usually the character being told to fuck off gets more annoying). What I didn't enjoy was everyone guilt tripping Jin and literally peer pressuring him to apologize to her.

It truly is typical trash HS romcom with a very light sprinkling of melodrama to give the illusion that there is a little bit of seriousness to the series when all it does is piss off an alienate people like me who like the premise, who like the MC for the most part (when he isn't being a beta male pussy), who generally likes the girls and their A E S T H E T I C S, but wants more actual drama and character development to happen, which typically doesn't happen in these kind of lighthearted shounen romcoms that are supposed to be more funny.

Well, at least it's not a fucking Gag manga, so it's not literally the worst thing in the world. I'd say give it a good read and see if it's your cup of tea. I personally wasn't impressed, and the anime was....meh at best. It's not a terrible manga, though, and the melodrama isn't as bad as I make it out to be (but it's still pretty goddamn meh). I'm more worried this series is gonna go on for like 300+ chapters of N O T H I N G of significance happening, which is typical for these kinds of manga.

it’s kinda okay at its core but the weird shit piles up making it into an oversexualized mc-hates-the-harem manga

Dont mind me, just my regular post to gush about how absolutely fantastic this terrible shit is. Can't stop reading and rereading.

Carry on.

New volume cover:
EoeIdKq.jpg

I really enjoyed the anime and early stages in the manga. This has sadly become too boring at this point and find myself skipping any chapters that doesn’t focus on the main group. Story lost its focus of Lanka making a diverse pack that can coexist and overcome obstacles; but instead devolved itself into just introducing a new species with a problem and Jin solving said problem. I was also hoping that the secondary goal, the romantic aspect, of a developing relationship between Jin and Lanka or Jin and Hitomi would further be expanded. This sadly falls off a lot with Jin rejecting Lanka constantly or Hitomi forcing a narrative on Jin that he likes Lanka when so far he clearly doesn’t.

Manga going downhill with the introduction of so many new and useless side characters whose names I’ll never remember. Another Komi-San in the making. Such a shame. Adding to the dropped list.

This manga derails from the main plot so often its not even funny.
And it doesnt even do a good job at entertaining or anything, feels like Naruto filler or something. Sighs

I've been really, *really* enjoying this slice of life-ish manga. It's so funny and cute and cool. And also really gross. It's weird how wholesome such a weird thing can be while also being incredibly lewd at times. I don't get it. But it's really funny and I enjoy this a lot! I've been enjoying the analysis of all the characters, the new introductions to the Cooking Club, the teacher's side story was cool, and I'm really rooting for him. I hope there'll be an arc eventually all about it. The characters in this whole series are all really cool, and I'm hoping for the best for them. I find the jokes about how Jin is a Jindere to be really apt and funny, and it's nice to see a character who's absolutely not dealing with any of that stuff. Imo it makes him cool and subversive of usual tropes, and with Ranka constantly trying to bring everyone together, and Jin having the intelligence to help make it happen, it's nice to see how the series progresses and they inadvertently make the world a better place around them.

Also I get the feeling that ultimately the reason Jin knows so much about animals is not so much because he wanted to make sure he'd never get hurt by them again, but because he used to love animals more than anything, hence why he tried to defend Ranka at the beginning, and learned about them and consumed as much media about them as he could. Hence the most recent arc regarding the rhinogrades.

There's also a very nice/clever amount of representation in this story. Somethings more symbolic than others. Like Yena who's, in a way, trans. The trio of gay animals, etc. It's clever how this series capitulates on the differences of animals to show differences in humanity at the same time.

Please keep up the good work on this series! I've really fallen in love with it.

The fourth cover doesn't match its thumbnail. The thumbnail has the panda on it, but when click it you get the same cover as the tenth with the student council president and Lanka's dad. They are both numbered 4, so that's probably why the mistake happened.

What's wrong with this author is he smoking pot? I don't get this manga at all, started out cute but now I'm just completely confused... where do these humanoid animals come from?
The fuck are these made up creatures and now the girl is getting transparrent like in back to the future II ?

The biggest issue with this manga is the constant focus on side characters and introducing new characters. It comes off like the author doesn't like writing the main cast he created.

Users who are viewing this thread