Setting Things Straight With Brats - Ch. 18 - A Manga Where The Girl Who Used To Bully Me Becomes My Little Sister

Dex-chan lover
Hold on, daughter of my mother-in-law (sister-in-law)? Shouldn't it be stepmother?
Because the former implies that Otaku-kun got married to the brat's sister, but the story clearly suggests that it was his father who got remarried.
It's an issue of translation.

See, in Japanese, it seems that any relation due to marriage works with a word that can be considered "-in-law" or "step"

They are the same word.

Like, in English, we make a distinction between if it's a marriage of our parents or our siblings.... but the idea is technically the same, being related by law through a relative's marriage.....

And many translators kinda screw this up (though with context, it should often be easy to fix; but I don't get their mindset since this is a way too common mistake in the translation community).

Dex-chan lover
These went from "I overcame my Bully" to ones where the girl's only problem is that she doesn't know how to express herself correctly, and the boys immediate response is violence
"Violence"

Are people still trying to conflate an angry (and justifiable) VERBAL outburst with inflicting PHYSICAL harm on someone?

If anyone was violent, it was her, according to the boy's recollection. And that was only one way she tormented the poor guy on-and-off FOR YEARS.

But no, we have to run damage-control for her because crying girl GOOD (despite being the aggressor) and angry boy BAD (despite being the victim).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ho Ho Hooo, the smug girls are back, back to get trauma and bad endings.
If it goes on, how dark will it go this time?

Aggregator gang
Honestly I must be some type of evil to enjoy these chapters so much, then again I also simultaneously think some of the brats don't deserve the ending they get...because they deserve so much worst, if only the sempai's themselves could see to it that revenge is enacted upon those brats; perhaps in a turning of the tables on them case...

Dex-chan lover
Small i understand college is rough, ty for the TS, although its only once a month we are so back is insane

Double-page supporter
yoo i actually like that sukuna keeps oneshotting everyone and it is fun to read
I would prefer more development, perhaps like a 5 chap story and then to change next "couple" and in between a pov from the teacher and that this teacher is in all those situations and remind him of his own life and at the end of this goes to his former tormentor which happend to be a fellow coworker and then...

Double-page supporter
So either the brother needed to start correcting her or the sister needed to just get naked and wild.

Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza, it belongs in a soup.

If this where an H manga we know what the step brother may do

And nope pineapple doesn't belong anywhere

Dex-chan lover
I would prefer more development, perhaps like a 5 chap story and then to change next "couple" and in between a pov from the teacher and that this teacher is in all those situations and remind him of his own life and at the end of this goes to his former tormentor which happend to be a fellow coworker and then...
dont remember ordering a damn yappocino 😴

Dex-chan lover
I want some drama. Please fight down below.
Tsunderes are the worst archetype, and they are usually pure evil monsters who lie about their feelings by being cruel to their love interests because they are lying pieces of shit who are too evil to be allowed to live.

Users who are viewing this thread