Shachiku Succubus no Hanashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

Double-page supporter
This manga keeps reminding how fucking awful it is to work in Japanese or Korean workplaces. They always want the most out of people while paying them shit, and it's expected for employees to work overtime constantly. Jesus, something needs to happen to change these kinds of toxic work cultures.

Dex-chan lover
@Rheeve
Him just quitting will be a black mark on his Resume
Him getting fired would be bad, him quitting by his own volition for reasonable reasons cannot be a black mark. At the end of the day a company makes its money based on the skills of its workers, not so much on their loyalty.

Calling it now, last chapter will consist of the two confessing their love to each other in a dream and at the end Lily waking up with Kuroi next to her, dead, content, but still very much dead.

Moral of the Story: Just because your happy with your work doesn't mean it's not going to kill you if you overdo it.

At least that would be the most realistic ending.

Aggregator gang
@Ironclad it's one of those "enjoy being a corporate slave and keep working to earn money for your overlords" kind of manga. at least some nice fap material in this chapter addendum

Dex-chan lover
Final!? Aw, I'm running out of these Overworked and Depressed Man Visited by Monstergirl genre manga.

Fed-Kun's army
@criver It's all about the mentality of Japanese people. First, in Japanese culture there is a cult of work, a person who is unemployed for any reason is a failure in the eyes of society, and one thing Japanese fearing the most is to be blamed and shunned by society, which is REALLY harsh. The other thing in to cause inconvenience to someone (ANYONE). These are two main points of Japanese mentality. Second, the problem lies in the structure of Japanese economy. In 70s-80s there was a big boom and Japan flourished with all types of big companies and conglomerates which offered their employees a lifetime contracts with full social support. This was a synonym for stability (especially considering post-war state of the country) and it also aligns well with old Japanese mentality "a samurai must have a shogun to serve". You can see how it all began and where black companies emerged from.

@Ribath Yes, and this applies too, there are a lot of social elevators like that, "school - uni - parent company". Well, there are a lot of ones in almost any country, especially for government-operated companies.

@Rheeve Simply quitting a job is certainly NOT a black mark of any kind, there are other reasons not to do it. 1) Hard to find a new job, and it's as harder as you're older. It's generally true for elder people near the retirement age, especially in my country, but in Japan it becomes harder progressively, unless your occupation is relatively unique or heavily skill-based, and you're not just a "white collar" manager. There is also a system of wage rising where your wage is proportional to your years of service in a certain company, and if another company employs you, there's a dilemma - to pay you more just because you're older (with no proven experience) or to pay you as a newbie (but then you'll receive less or refuse offer outright). Another reason is that Japanese companies (especially big ones) are pretty much closed environments and could rarely be open for new people "from outside", they're interested in employing students for lifetime contracts mentioned above (it's also much more simple for them). 2) If you don't have any savings (and given your wages in a black company, you don't, as well as Worker-san here), you're as well could be dead, a vast majority of suicides in Japan have money troubles as one of the reasons, along with society-induced depression, stress from overworking and personal troubles. Life in Japan IS expensive.

Thankfully, nowadays Japan changes and new generations are much more open to quitting a job and finding a new one, as well as employers are, but it's still a LONG way to go. Not to mention that the internal corporate culture still remains the same.
---
Beside all of that... I knew that this will be a short manga given the pace and plot structure, but it's still sad to see it being finalized. It is really good and heartwarming, and there is a lot of potential at least for another volume with relationships developing and characters growing. I really want someone like Lily-san here too...

Double-page supporter
At last picture i just realised their tails signifies gender they like, lesbian's female symbol and other two is male symbol... my mind blown lol

Dex-chan lover
Last day of the year and reading that this is ending next chapter is crushing my soul.

It occured to me that it's ending because it might have been picked up by a publisher for serialization.

Users who are viewing this thread