Shadow Queen - Ch. 35

Unless she's also fooling the reader now, I don't think she meant to react that way; her emotions got the better of her. She clearly wasn't her calm and cool-headed self, as she failed to even pay him in a sardonic or patronizing manner, which I feel she would have done, normally.

The fact that this kind of customer in commission, where you made the very detail for the customer and he/she did not like it afterwards and had already spent hours of it, then did not pay, made me experience it irl. Many times. That's why I stopped doing art. This chapter hit me so hard for Raphael(a.k.a the artist). I hope the next update would be good.

Still, I truly appreciate the update for this manhua. Thank you team!

Are you kidding me? Even if she didn't like it, he had worked on that painting for two hours. And he's gotta eat and pay the bills, of course he'd try to make a picture the customer would like. Plus, this isn't an art gallery but a street... party... thingie. Just what did she expect?
I'm upset on behalf of Raphael.

Double-page supporter
everyones already saying it but yeah pay him for his 2 hours and materials omg

You know, what irritates me the most is that she never made any specific requests. She went in expecting mastery while acting like she was fine with anything, then got an attitude. Plus, this is him before he became widely known. He hasn’t yet reached the point in his life where he was ready to be a master painter. He isn’t his future self.

She could accept that the knight needed to master more skills to reach the level she knows he can. Why is she so mad at the painter?

People are forgetting that he said she could pay him what she wanted after seeing it. Her know-it-all behaviour is gross, and i agree it is distateful she didnt pay him anything, but he did give her a choice.

What I'm rolling my eyes at is the fact she got upset to that point...even when she knows she is meeting him earlier than she did in her last life. By a few years. Very foolish.

@mapokl part of that embodies the self-entitlement some people have when they become 'customers'. Yes, he could have asked what she wanted (and i agree that was missing from him here), but she could have easily also initiated such a conversation by asking what kind of paintings he does, what style, or tell him outright what she wanted - even if she thought she already knew (and this goes back to what i previously mentioned about her foolishness in expecting him and his work to be the same as what she saw before). So it was all set up for disappointment.

I'd like to think the author is trying to show that our protagonist is still immature and a bit blinded by her revenge, and not that her tantrum will be what saves this man and gets him on her side (like an author who wants their character to be a badass omniscient omg-she-solves-everything power 🙄).

Edit: @Zephyr247 this, exactly. She knew that he became famous for a painting 3 years later, but expects his mastery and work to be the same before that painting is completed.

Even if this is all an act of her oh-so-calculative self to get his attention, i'll just be over here rolling my eyes.

@mapokl
if she shouldn't pay him for the effort then she should at least pay him for the materials. orr she shouldn't have acted so rude towards him..

Bruh what did she expect? He's not gonna be the master artist she knew since she met him early. And to him she's just a normal customer, of course he's gonna paint in a style meant to please the public eye. Not some avant garde shit.

Dumbass really thought he was gonna make some masterpiece in 2 hours for a complete stranger.

brooo, she was literally a bitch in this chapter... it was painful to finish this chapter seeing her in this behavior 🤦‍♀️

Fed-Kun's army
All of you guys have the IQ of a sack of potatoes who are only capable of looking at the surface level of things. She knows the guy and was taught by him when he was well in his prime - it's pretty fucking obvious what she accomplished this chapter, especially with the reaction by the guy. The guy has an artstyle he doesn't want to show to the public and she called him out on it and explained in no uncertain terms why his pandering artstyle was bad. The guy is going to seek the MC out due to his many questions and she's probably going to be his teacher to help him solidify his artstyle and be at his side when he presents it to the public and probably expedite his debut. Sometimes you need a foot up your ass for the better. I wouldn't be surprised if this exact same scenario occurred in the original timeline but with someone else shoving their foot up his ass. Y'all dumb as fuck

@petnavis Totally agree! I can’t believe people thought she was being a bitch. People are unconsciously more harsh towards strong women stating their minds. She’s the catalyst that will push to show his true art a lot sooner than in the original timeline. She’s was calculating and smart. She got him curious about her and will instill loyalty upon him, get him to make money and get her more power.

Dex-chan lover
Ooof... Even if you don't like the painting, you took up 2 hours of his time. At least give him enough to cover the cost of materials. Yeesh. An unknown artist working for donations on the street is a totally different thing than a famous artist who is well established and doesn't need to worry about starving.

The joke will be on her if he has to take up working in a kitchen or something just to survive.

Users who are viewing this thread