Shadow Queen - Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Tysm for the update!
Lol when she speaks to Anne why they got like four cakes?? What yall gonna do with four whole cakes

I remember few chaps before readers went angry he didn't get paid, to find out the guy actually doesn't even care about the payment. Lol

Fed-Kun's army
@zenono agreed, I'm disliking the artist plotline currently but the rest of the story is still great.

Dex-chan lover
I do like how something is going on in the background with the real duchess as it means that something could change.

Thanks for translating the chapter.

what if the original veronica has the same illness with original lucia ... and the antidote eliana gave to lucia's father will save og veronica faster

Wasn't og veronica poisoned though bc she was a bitch and someone hit back by poisoning her? Lucia was the only one sick I think.

Thanks so much for the translation!! I also think lucia's antidote may have been used for og Veronica.

The artist plotline is a little goofy, but it's following a pretty stereotypical pattern so far that's more common than some of you seem to be aware. Basically these stories go as such: poor artist boy is deeply talented and passionate, but reality has thus far deprived him of the opportunity to fulfill that passion, he lives his life paycheck to paycheck neglecting his passion because he believes he can only be passionate or successful but not both, until someone criticizes his work for lacking passion, his worldview is shaken, and through many trials and tribulations, comes to realize with the aid of his critic he can actually be both passionate and successful.

When you apply that basic template, the story falls into place, it's actually been pretty formulaic so far on the formatting. What the author's fumbled is that Elena lacks the background to prop up the stereotype in any of her identities. The norm in this type of story is that the criticism which kicks our starving artist onto his feet is from someone he aspires toward, either because of some pre-established authority in the artist's life, or authority that's acquired later. The criticism typically comes from an older artist, or critic, or patron, usually famed for their knowledge and love of the arts, or less often from another artist in his age group who found success through passion in the first place.

@zastanna I think the Castor Company is owned by the real Lucia's father.
Elena will offer him the cure for Lucia's disease in exchange for being allowed to use the girl's identity, and maybe some other stuff. He becomes one of her staunchest allies in the future.

@mungobungo THATS EXACTLY IT!

I was just talking to my sister about the exact same thing. Also, the person could have also been someone he previously knew like an old friend/family members that liked his previous work or something. Its just set up awkward because of the reasons you said!

Users who are viewing this thread