Shadow Queen - Ch. 40

The crown prince practically forced Cecilia into an early death in the last timeline

Wish this was something like "I Don't Love You Anymore" and she tells him to fuck off.

well we don't know full details of their relationship and I'm okay with CP being ML

You guys are hating the crown prince when you forget that her (fake) family poisoned the empress in her first life???

Mmm, I think he never met her until the day the arranged marriage was finalised and usually they met a day prior before the engagement to make both of them closer or a day before the ceremony. Either way, he thought she was the daugther of the duke (?) and as crown prince, ofc he should he aware the duke family wasn't a good person, in addition the real daugther was not a good person too, arrogant to bone obviously she also made MC a sacrifice. If I were him in the past, including MC that was really innocent and only knew the surface not the depth, I'd also be wary of her and told the same thing because either he knew she was a duplicate or not she's from and a daugther of that duke. Just look at that, as they met not as political couple and she's not bearing that identity, he acted fine and even worried no hostile/cold treatment whatsoever

And yeah, there's no way he couldn't be the ML because MC said she actually also want to he empress tbh in this chapter, she even admitted she's no different to the real daugther, it's just currently she didn't wish to use/harm innocent people like what the duke's family

By only knew the surface not the depth I meant she thought she's blessed and people were good people as long as she didn't harm them and acted sweet + docile withour knowing business/
political issue could trigger people to commit a bad deed
She might have trauma for being one-sided love with her husband as all the time she's fakely pampered by mostly people surrounded her but the previous crown prince might also have nightmare for need to be wary of the duke family, for marrying with wrong family that obviously greedy for power (iirc all she wanted was the son/legitimate crown heir). Especially when a son was born, it meant the duke's power raised significantly, and when the real daugther was healthy to take her identity back, the nightmare of that prince which was being controlled like puppet came true.

Well, it's all my assumption cause usually that's what's happened in some manhwa but he looked normal compared to what MC's imagined from the past. And sorry for bad english ~

“Cecilia! Let us finish what we were discussing.” I read it in a stern tone and I love it. I’m starting all my sentences with Cecilia when I wanna get real serioussssss.

“LISTEN HERE, CECILIA”
“CECILIA, DID YOU TAKE THE LAST PUDDIN’?”
“CECILIAAAAAAA!!!!!”

I AM LOVINGGGG THIS NAME. I wanna meet a Cecilia. Lmaooooo WHO HAS THIS NAMEEEE???

Also, why is the crown prince here anyway? Lmao. I am tired of this ART nonsense tho. Like OKAY RAPH NEEDS TO PAINT A PICTURE SO YOU CAN MAKE MONEY AND GET POWA? (Idk how that is a thing). AND NOW IS ALL CECILIA’D ALL OVER THE PLACE AND WE DONT KNOW WHO CECILIA IS (or I don’t remember lol). RAPH x CECILIA or CECILIA x CROWN PRINCE. Also, what is the real Veronica doing again? Spa day? Did they explain that? The mentioned her being sick or going to do sneaky business for a few years. What is she up to? What happened to the crazy bastard cousin? Does she even go to class anymore? Etc.

thanks for the update.

Ah shiat I read the spoilers about the painting raph makes and I'm not ready to ugly cry again😫😭
Also, the PTSD in this chapter was done so well💕 I'm so glad she isn't like Aristia🤣

Hi, the prince is most definitely going to be the ML. The FL's trauma is due to her circumstances as a pawn the last timeline; the two definitely had feelings for each other that couldn't be fully realized given the betrayal that was baked into her standing as a fake daughter. In this chapter she literally said she wanted to be empress too, despite her experience in the first timeline, which naturally means being with the crown prince.

In the last timeline, the crown prince/emperor was also powerless and resented his position. That naturally did not allow for a good relationship with the FL who was supposedly the daughter of the family that held him under control. There needs to be a right person, a right place, and a right timing for a relationship to work out. Those factors didn't work out well for the two of them in the first timeline.

Also the FL's trauma in this chapter was not so much because of the crown prince as a person, but because of the immense guilt she feels for what she caused the crown prince to experience on behalf of the first empress - this other girl here, forgot her name LOL - and the fact that SHE betrayed HIM despite not wanting to.

I think we should give another chance to see how they would've formed a relationship differently if the circumstances were different.

Dex-chan lover
@hori_hoe @LittleMiniMe @shinrakvsa Re. the prince in timeline 1;
he loved Elena but came too late to save her from Veronica and the grand duke. At first the prince hated Elena because he thought she was Veronica, and hated her because she was a super-bitch. He gradually noticed how different Elena was from her , and one day overheard Ren confronting Elena about how she was a fake. His feelings turned to pity after realizing she was merely the grand duke's pawn, which then turned to love. However he was too afraid to tell her his feelings because he didn't want to be exploited anymore by the grand duke; the duke controls the entire country and the royals are next to powerless.

@Sootyxsnowpetal
Iirc the royals in this story are just the powerless puppets of the grand duke, who is the true evil authority of the country (like the evil prime minister in the Herscherik novels).

Whether he's a good person or not remains to be seen, but because our mc has a past with him , it's better to wipe the slate clean. I always hate when they go back to the source of the trauma, idk.

Ohhhhh crown prince!!!
Our ML is here ♥️ I'm so excited to see their interactions 😭♥️ Although, there's still a long road for us to walk in order to reach the ML's POV in the first timeline. It was truly heartbreaking reading his POV in the novel as well as the dialogue where he was talking with their child 💔 he didn't even know her real name after dying. 😭

Group Leader
Finally, at chapter 40 the crown prince appeared ughh

Although unpopular opinion, I definitely prefer her personal knight's and the cousin's appearance more than the crown prince, lol sorry prince. I don't have an opinion on him yet so we'll see.
But the kinght and cousin are definitely hotter

Users who are viewing this thread