Shadows House (Official Colored) - Ch. 190 - Fanatic

Dex-chan lover
Oh god, didn't expect Anthony to open a whole cult here. It's as bad as Grandpa, he sacrifices other people for his own gain. I wonder if his shadow really died or is still alive and able to use brainwashed ability. If Anthony is only a human, he's truly a master of manipulation to turn these brainwashed shadows into his loyal devotees.

Dex-chan lover
Oh... Goddamnit, it's gonna be that whole thing right?

Like.... "Oh yes, it sucks and is terrible that unification has to/happens. But by becoming a pious disciple, regretting and engaging in 'insert activity that is of the interest of high ranking ones and not yours' you too can be saved"

So not an ally, it's gonna be a whole new enemy faction playing the big game.

Holy shit, the way this thing escalates...

Dex-chan lover
Okay, now I'm actually more confused than I was before. So it turns out that the reason Anthony has been sacrificing people is because he's running a cult in the adult's wing to try and keep himself in power and overthrow the Great Grandfather?
I guess Anthony is using the name of Christopher to gain power and run his "church". Rather appropriate that a man with "Christ" in the name is being used as a sacrificial lamb, though it's sad that Anthony has such evil ambitions.

Dex-chan lover
Has there ever been a case of a cult actually being good?

Dex-chan lover
Has there ever been a case of a cult actually being good?
iu

Dex-chan lover
For fuck sake, I feel like she is gonna end up biting the bullet to rise the stakes among the main cast. I'm gonna cope that a miracle is going to happen to save her life, or somehow, the unification backfires and the shadow is the personality that is gone, while Lou somehow remains, it's gonna be sad either way, but it's better than Lou herself dying.

Dex-chan lover
The last part I thought it’s Kate and the others. Angry when apparently it’s Anthony. With this chapter I am kinda glad, looks like Lou will be fine.

I am quite curious how is their name spelled in Japanese?

Supporter
the church of Satan might fit that Bill and they do a lot of good
I think you mean the Satanic Temple, the Church of Satan is a different thing. The Satanic Temple is the one that helps make government more secular by demanding that if christians can push their religion via the state (proselytizing in schools, 10 commandments in courthouses, etc.) then they should be able to as well, for example by putting up an idol of Baphomet in the same courthouse.

Dex-chan lover
I think you mean the Satanic Temple, the Church of Satan is a different thing. The Satanic Temple is the one that helps make government more secular by demanding that if christians can push their religion via the state (proselytizing in schools, 10 commandments in courthouses, etc.) then they should be able to as well, for example by putting up an idol of Baphomet in the same courthouse.
A good cult is a cult that is actually a group of atheist trolls who are simply using Satanism to promote a secular world order. Typical 21st century. But jokes aside, it all depends on the context. a modern cult simply cannot be good due to the fact that in our time if you organize a religious organization that is possessed by some kind of “god”, then you are guaranteed to be an “unusual person” to put it mildly.

Dex-chan lover
But jokes aside, it all depends on the context. a modern cult simply cannot be good due to the fact that in our time if you organize a religious organization that is possessed by some kind of “god”, then you are guaranteed to be an “unusual person” to put it mildly.
May i introduce you to the wonderfully batshit world of evangelical christianity?

Fed-Kun's army
A shadow's personality takes after a trait of the human's, but they can't read minds. If it turns out Christopher isn't also a villain, I feel like Christopher was kinda like Anthony's "face", he took after his charming exterior without anything that lied beneath it. The Anthy-Christ if you will. It's also possible when Maryrose revealed to them about the brainwashing that Anthony could've intentionally used the brainwashing effect dolls have on their shadows on Christopher.

At first I thought that bit about "the shadow that was invited with me failed unification" and I thought that confirmed reverse unification but I think he's just referring to the shadow/face pair that were invited at the same time he was.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread