Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Vol. 7 Ch. 80 - Everyday Life

Dex-chan lover
The art in this manga is just beautiful and the attention to details shines.

Dex-chan lover
Have been rereading, the attention to little details really makes it worth it. So glad it's gotten discovered a bit more.

Back in chapter 43 when Kate landed with Emilyko following their canal boat ride, we saw a few things. The big obvious one of course was that Kate had good enough control to generate wings and slow their descent, which was both hella cool and I could see being used later (if she could literally just fly or even glide escape/infiltrating the adult house would suddenly be a ton more feasible). But it also had a bunch of reaction shots, from Edward and his cohort, from the 3rd floor Shadows, from the Star Bearers... and from two "faceless dolls" out of at least 7 that were there. That last one seems kind of curious, because if they're 100% brainwashed and unthinking what's the point? But maybe that's how Anthony or other conspirators/infiltrators are handling it, if the Shadows are assuming their coffee brainwashing and such is infallible and not really being careful all the time it's the perfect place to be. They're all covered up all the time, and as "trusted automated help" they just fade into the background and are beneath the attention of the Shadows.

@comedyxtragedy
If we go by others we've seen up until now maybe "Kate" is Emilyko's original name as a human, they seem to copy everything over to the morphs as part of development. Wonder what the genesis of "Emily" will turn out to be then, usually to emphasis the subservient relationship it's just a contraction of the original name. But Kate has memories and wanted something different. Maybe Emily was a friend or pet or parent or something?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
I hope Kate has a future planned for the Shadow beings because humans will not be able to co exist with morphs. Humans will try to destroy the manor because morphs sound like an existence that threatens their existence.

Thanks for your hard work! This series is so amazing. It totally replaced the spot of Yakusoku no neverland in my heart. The mystery just keeps on being so strong... it's laudable really, such an original world and compelling characters!

The fact that the girl from ch 46 is now cleaning outside the room gives us a rough idea of how much time passes between debuts. Emilyko first went outside the room roughly a month to a month and a half ago. We can tell this by counting the grand cleanings (called major cleaning or cleanup by the current group) and the festivals of delight. Chapters 53 and 54 explicitly say that those activities happen once a week.

Emilyko progression: Ch 1(Emilyko introduced) ->Ch8 (first grand cleaning, first time Emilyko leaves the room)->Ch 13 lesson (Time of first ghost disturbance, appears to be a midweek activity, but could be a grand cleaning) -> Ch17 (another grand cleaning, with a speech by Barbie beforehand)-> 5 nights of patrol -> debut (appears to have taken place around the time of a grand cleaning) -> ch 53 (another GC and Emilyko's introduction to the festival of delight)->Ch 54 (Another GC/FOD, second ghost disturbance)-> ch 80 present day (Everything that went down between ch 54 and ch 80 appears to have taken under a week, but we should be close to another GC/FOD)

Ch. 67 showed us evidence of 24 separate debuts (17 debuted groups, 6 singletons, and a small group yet to debut). This suggests that Barbara and Maryrose debuted about 2 to 3 years ago (depending on how many debut groups lost all their members, much more time could have passed).

It is worth noting that neither of the 2 dolls introduced in 67 as having yet to debut are among the 3 recruited from the village in 46. While they may have been pulled from another trip, I suspect that they may have been produced naturally by the adults of the shadow house. (They have human bodies. I see no reason they could not have human children.) (The faceless dolls could be another source of children for the house, but there are some very cringeworthy implications to that idea.)

Double-page supporter
@Someone2love
Anthony is a mystery. I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing Anthony knew beforehand what the Shadows Manor was like. (Ie. before he came to Shadows House, he wasn't as deeply influenced by the soot in the villages. And he realized that the children who went to Shadows House died. Maybe he even intentionally entered the House to try and make a change. Or alternatively, he had a close bond with Christopher, and after the brainwashing broke, he orchestrated a plan to end Shadows Manor... There might even be a possibility that he killed Christopher! So mysterious!)

I think its not possible, because he is still going to be brainwashed with a high dose of coffee (enough to make children forget their past). Plus he still would drink a weekly coffee and self-casted hypnotis.

It's a pure luck that Maryrose is the one who interested with Christopher and decide to undo the brainwashing

Group Leader
A good chapter to stop reading and go back to my slumber to wait for more chapters to be added.

And thank you to the great scanlation teams that bring us this yet-another? great example of loli-struggles-to-live-peacefully manga. I'm really looking forward for the anime adaptation.

And please, accept this simple gratitude of mine.
vlQMd8Pl.png

Such a stark contrast from Emilyko's thoughts and interactions with Kate in the first few chapters. It's wonderful to go back and see how much things have changed, as well as the small details we otherwise missed the first time.

Dex-chan lover
Alone of all the shadows, I tend not to read Kate by Emilykos expression. But just this once, right there at the end.... I think their expressions truly match.

Users who are viewing this thread