Shadows House (Official Colored) - Ch. 198 - Monologue

Fed-Kun's army
So Joseph is the real Villain behind everything in this story...
And Christopher the "Hero" that took on the will of the head of the Mirrors Family to put an end to the Shadows reign and restore their honor.
Meanwhile, the unexpected factor of the surviving daughter of Catherine, stuck between Mirrors and Shadow, is the true Joker causing unexpected ripples on the story, trying to be used by both sides...
I don’t think he is hero, if he is true hero he will not kill a innocent kid for his goal. And instead of save everyone he just want to take the power. His way of thought maybe just the same as his grandfather 🤔 but since we haven’t hear Joseph’s side of story we can’t confirm if he really true villain.

Dex-chan lover
The question is why? Is Joseph actually the one in charge and grandfather just a puppet or are they in it together?
My guess is the fragments of favor came from that "coal mine" Joseph discovered. He made a new religion from that.

Dex-chan lover
I don't buy it on Joseph being the real villain just yet. It feels a little weird to just get info dumped like this, especially with how he acted a few chapters ago, there's something else going on with him.

Group Leader
I don't think Christopher found out about Kate via the diary since Alfred and Catherine separated before she gave birth, so Alfred wouldn't know if his first child was going to be a boy or a girl or if the child would have even survived.

Maybe He just eavesdroped the conversation between kate and emilyko while she was talking her true identity 🤔
Didn't she also tell all her friends? I thought that was a bad idea, but this also introduces the possibility that Christopher is telling a totally made up story from information he gained from eavesdropping all over the mansion.

Dex-chan lover
I'm very pleased with this turn of events with Joseph. It's been a long time coming because it was increasingly suspicious how quiet he from the third floor group until recently. But his age always struck us readers as the odd thing out about him in that group. IMO it remains to be seen how much of a villain he is, like did he work alone? did he have help? Is The Great Grandfather quite literally a mindless (morph a la Christopher version 2) figurehead? Or did he manipulate some poor human bastard servant at the mansion into being his figurehead? Either way, there's a reason why Joseph HIMSELF is not The Great Grandfather. Cuz he COULD have been. But he choose not to. And whatever the reason why could indicate if he is the actual antagonist or if he's sharing that title.

The next thing I'm curious about is how his daughter knew. When she was thrown out the window she looked like she was a toddler. To be small enough like that, you can't be older than 5yo? A lot of people tend to forget their early memories too, it's not uncommon. Was Joseph just that unguarded behind closed doors around her? Or did she happen to overhear and not understand the conversation happening at the time, but pieced it all together when she was older? And of course, Joseph COULD have kept her if he wanted to yknow? But he DIDN'T. Maybe it was just to play up his demise in a dramatic way but I dunno. If he was blabbing stuff to her, he would have thought twice about tossing her lol. At least that's how I see it. Major ICK on Alfred marrying her. I don't think she was a teen though. She was probably in her early 40s or something if we go by the timeline. Remember, Anthony is a couple years older than Kate and she was born at the 50yr mark. And like I said, Joseph's daughter to me looked like she was a TODDLER. So add maybe ~40yrs plus whatever age she was at the time of the incident. I feel like Anthony is at max 10yrs older than Kate? But can't be less than 5yrs....

ALSO MORE IMPORTANTLY. Unless the story reveals otherwise with The Great Grandfather or another character, as of right now Joseph is the first human turned shadow who kept his original human sense of self. Up until now we've been told AND shown once a shadow mimic unifies with their bonded human, the shadow in essence hijacks the host body and kills the original human. Makes me wonder if it's easier to fight and keep your sense of self when a morph forces you to fuse with it "the old fashioned way," versus the streamlined unification process they have going now. Or maybe the "help" Joseph had was simply a mimic taking his form and developing a twisted personality to match his own ambitions and they were bouncing their evil plans off eachother haha. Inevitably, in that scenario one of them backstabbed the other probably. So yeah, current Joseph is either in fact human Joseph, or Shadow Joseph took him over and /pretended to be him/ to enact the plan. "Completed" shadows can switch between their forms afterall.

I'm so ready to find out more information about why all those morphs went on a rampage that day. MORE MORPH LORE PLEASE.

Dex-chan lover
So Joseph was not Kate's dad. Unless....
Also, nice, we are up to date with the raws.

gintama-katsura.png

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that the author can still write good chapters even though this one was the editor's idea. But still, I wish the author can freely pour all their creativity into their work
https://x.com/somatoma/status/1804118570705784859
To be specific, the tweet says it was the editor's idea to unveil Anthony's past at this juncture, instead of continuing with Kate's current plight just yet. From how much Somato-sensei had things planned ahead, the duo probably already had Anthony's past and progress all prepared, so it's all a matter of when to showcase it. Not to mention the authors had probably discussed the bigger picture for this arc with the editor, and their suggestion could be made with the wider perspective that we the audience aren't privy to until arc's end.

At present, I think the editor's idea actually has merit. I mean, just imagine an alternative scenario where Kate finally has Anthony beat, and then we spend 6 weeks on his past (hiatus not included) - 3 for when he entered the House and 3 for the period when the Unification happened, before we finally return to the present and he makes his final gambit or kamikaze attack. That would be frustrating.

In contrast, I estimate that we'll be getting that first set of 3 now before returning to Kate's plight, and then those other 3 further down the line when he's defeated. Better overall pacing, and helps allay all those "Anthony must be lying about the Mirrors!" accusations from the previous chapter too. And helps build up why Anthony is as competent and motivated as he is.

Editors aren't always a bad influence. Case in point, if World Trigger's Daisuke Ashihara didn't have the support of his editors, the series wouldn't be as big as it is now

To be specific, the tweet says it was the editor's idea to unveil Anthony's past at this juncture, instead of continuing with Kate's current plight just yet. From how much Somato-sensei had things planned ahead, the duo probably already had Anthony's past and progress all prepared, so it's all a matter of when to showcase it. Not to mention the authors had probably discussed the bigger picture for this arc with the editor, and their suggestion could be made with the wider perspective that we the audience aren't privy to until arc's end.

At present, I think the editor's idea actually has merit. I mean, just imagine an alternative scenario where Kate finally has Anthony beat, and then we spend 6 weeks on his past (hiatus not included) - 3 for when he entered the House and 3 for the period when the Unification happened, before we finally return to the present and he makes his final gambit or kamikaze attack. That would be frustrating.

In contrast, I estimate that we'll be getting that first set of 3 now before returning to Kate's plight, and then those other 3 further down the line when he's defeated. Better overall pacing, and helps allay all those "Anthony must be lying about the Mirrors!" accusations from the previous chapter too. And helps build up why Anthony is as competent and motivated as he is.

Editors aren't always a bad influence. Case in point, if World Trigger's Daisuke Ashihara didn't have the support of his editors, the series wouldn't be as big as it
That makes sense, thanks for explaining. Maybe i'm too prejudiced about the editor.

Last edited:
Problem appeared? No worries. Just forget your old wife whom you loved a lot, marry your "lifesaver"'s daughter and make her have a baby.
Great advice Alfred. :haa:

Users who are viewing this thread