Shadows House (Official Colored) - Vol. 4 Ch. 47 - The Sickness Caused by Soot

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, there has been real life cases where people died from drinking too much water, but in this case Emilyko is vomiting it out immediately after.

Group Leader
The plot chickens!

COCOO!!!

...sorry, I couldn't hold it in...

But man, here I thought this would be a soothing manga from the art style since chapter one, now we're unveiling a conspiracy with brainwashing and kidnapping! I knew the upper shadows were up to no good, but to use real children as the base for their "shadows".

Dex-chan lover
How will Emilyko avoid drinking the coffee in the guy, though?

Dex-chan lover
I love a good rebellion, and Emilyko is back to normal yay!
Thanks so much for the chapter!

le3

Dex-chan lover
A girl living doll drinking over a gallon of water. This is what happened to her mental state.

Thanks for the chapter @tokushusen

Fed-Kun's army
@YamiryuuZero I thought this manga would be a quirky slice of life based on the first few chapters. How wrong I was!

I totally love it though. The mystery is killing me and the art is absolutely gorgeous.

Double-page supporter
For a second there I feared the author was returning to his pee fetish ways, the absolute madman.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this won't end well for Kate. There must be reason why shadows and face must always be together. What'll happen if Emilyko escape

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see this is back!! Thank you so much for the update!!!
I've read the raws pretty far ahead so I know, more or less, about what's going to happen, but it's still very exciting to be able to clearly understand it. Keep up the good work.
Let the revolution begin!

YESS. thank you so much for updating.

i thought Emilyko was going to get like water poisoning or something, but thank god that wasn't the case.

Dex-chan lover
Well, if you actually drink a gallon of water in real life in short period. You are dead. Too much water could harm you as well.

I'm not talking about thid scene. since they could drink 10 glass of water easy. it's not that much.

Dex-chan lover
Damn! I love this.... I was worried there'd be some long period of like. 'Now Kate can't trust Emilyko and has to work Aloooone' but this! Having the note book help her get a clearer picture is clever...

...Man it worries me that the soot from the coffee just. Lingers in the system like that. But I guess everything about this house is worrying, eh.

Dex-chan lover
@Borderline

The human stomach typically holds about half a gallon. Stretching it out to a full gallon is painful and the body will try very quickly to unstretch it as soon as possible, usually by vomiting. This is where the "1 gallon challenge" plays on. You actually DON'T wanna keep that milk in your stomach for the whole hour, it's dangerous.

In this case, a gallon of water, especially one that's thrown up, is fine. Water toxicity, historically, has kicked in at around the 2 gallon mark. Most stories about it happening (people drinking water heavily in gyms, that one "hold your wii" tragedy) involve people drinking around 2 gallons. That said, Emily's a child, so for all I know the LD50 of water could be a single gallon for her. But again, this is assuming it stays in her; vomiting diminishes the effect.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is the danger of drinking that much pure water, because it's basically stripping out electrolytes as it runs through your system. If it was a gallon or two of say, pedialyte, saline solution, or gatorade, she'd be fine. Those have about 2 to 4 grams of sodium per gallon. (Oceanic salt water is about 10x that, and brings us back to death town)

Users who are viewing this thread