Shadows House - Vol. 4 Ch. 43 - The Final Pair

Dex-chan lover
what just happened? they said that they were the last ones

VIP
Even the border vanished in the last page, looks like they're made of soot as well

Aggregator gang
It was utterly awesome seeing Kate and Emilyko figuratively kick Edward in the teeth... and then the last two pages dragged me back down into despair and reminded me just who's writing this series.

This just isn't right. Ram tried so hard to overcome her weaknesses and make her way through, and they got so close!

@Fuko: Kate and Emilyko were the last ones who passed. Shirley and Ram... didn't make it in time.

I can't blame Edward too much since it's clear that there were implications for allowing too many people to pass as it would look bad on him and some form of punishment would be given. And things took a dark turn. Kate and Emilyko were the last to pass but that didn't exclude from people note failing and of the entire group it just had to be Shirley and Ram. Sad.

Double-page supporter
Is that what happens to the ones that failed?
Thought they would dispose of Ram and get a new face for Shirley
, but its the other way around?!

Happy happy happy sorrow
Thank you
The cover... nor ram nor shirly appeared

I don't think Shirley is being punished, I think this is tied to the reason why Shirley can't talk.

What happens to Ram then?!?! And Shirley was so mysterious. Cri, all these questions are piling up.

Dex-chan lover
Theory:

Something about being made of 'soot' is held together by having a strong sense of self/willpower. We've already met a 'person' who seemed to be made of built up spare soot, who had a perfectly strong personality. Shirley being so quiet was a sign she was in weak and failing health all along; she had no 'herself' properly built up, and now there's just....

....not enough left to hold together at all. Heck we even saw she could easily have triggered her own 'cage' to drop almost immediately, with almost no effort. And we know it's easy to leak soot if you're upset, which....

sort of makes it seem like she felt *nothing*.

She was empty. And maybe not even being able to put forward enough energy to free herself was the final straw?

Edit: I went back to re-read, and I think on the page where Kate does her angel wing trick, we see Shirley reaching out for Ram's hand.... so that might be the very moment before she starts to dissolve?

Was it something to do with seeing them arrive....?

Users who are viewing this thread