Shadows House - Vol. 4 Ch. 43 - The Final Pair

le3

Dex-chan lover
F for both Shirley and Ram. I'll just reread the part where Kate grow wing and princess carry Emilyko again and again to wash this sadness......

@manga_follow_75743857
The explanation is coming soon so you're better off getting the explanation from there. I'll say that his theory about the (lack of) personality is correct

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
Living Dolls don't break that easily. Just what is a Living Doll, and what is a Shadow? What is the Shadows House?

Dex-chan lover
I was an idiot who was too curious to see the continuation so I went to read the raws for this 2 chapters and 2 more. Too lazy to read the Japanese even if I can try however, but still, Ram-Shirley losing is as clear as day even without text. And it still hurts...;w; We got such a good development for Ram, but now we have to see her go (I think).
Also, I just realized from people's comments here about Ram-Shirley hands on the spread page. THAT HURTS A LOT, WOW. I hate and love the details so much.
Emilyko-Kate's escape (?) are even better now that I understand what they're saying. It's so smart of them and Kate's wings are so damn beautiful. Kate is so secretly powerful. Get rekt, Edward, but too bad there's a losing pair so he can't fully get rekt...yet.

Fed-Kun's army
You can see Ram giving her hand to Shirley on the panel where Kate had angel wings.

I think that's the big difference between the tI pairs. Kate supported Emilyko while Shirley gave up. Ram most likely tried to encourage her but time was up.

Also Edward thinking Kate is planning something by hiding her power. But she was just scared to show it right ? She just didn't know it's "normal"

Dex-chan lover
Get rekt, Edward, but too bad there's a losing pair so he can't fully get rekt...yet.
From the start I felt like there needing to be a failed pair at all for him to be successful was a huge flaw in how the mansion is doing things. By all appearances, this is only the first of many tests anyway. Finding a really good batch every once in a while that all pass the first, and probably easiest, test shouldn't be as big of a deal as they're making it out to be. Pressuring the test givers to ensure at least one pair fails just causes a bunch of unnecessary trouble for them, since they can't exactly make the test entirely unpassable either.

Then again, I suppose that's possibly as pointlessly difficult on him as it is because it's one of the later tests? Still, nothing wrong with keeping potentially valuable late bloomers around for the later stuff. They could be unexpectedly powerful pawns for someone up top.

Group Leader
Wait, WHAT?!
Is that why the dolls are destroyed if they fail the debut? Because the Shadow DIES!?

@Glomoro maybe it's just to cultivate an atmosphere of fear and paranoia, to help maintain control. even higher-up guys like edward can potentially be executed for screwing up, and the same might hold for the people from the 3rd floor too. it isnt very efficient but the house cant be short on resources if theyre able to stage elaborate spectacles for an audience of 4 people

Dex-chan lover
@stray_dog_ True enough, they probably just feel like they can afford to be this frivolous about potential assets. We don't even know what they're doing further up the chain here really either so, perhaps none of them are actually important at all. Everyone just lives or dies at the pleasure of those above them because that's what they were made for, perhaps.

Double-page supporter
Kate and Emyliko is the best couple, no challenge. I really love their interaction.
From up high to down low, damn this chapter for playing with our emotion :'(

Contributor
Crowning moment of glory for our main pair Emilyko & Kate!

... seems the death flag was accurate after all for Ram & Shirley :(

Users who are viewing this thread