Shark Girl

Dex-chan lover
The GREATEST HEROINE OF ALL TIME
Get fucked DC and Marvel
@ESCrowe I feel like both of them have the right characters to work with... they just don't necessarily do the right things with them all the time, or even use them at all in some cases. Because y'know, too busy making horrendous use of large, convoluted crossover events (just stick an event in its own series instead of making a series for each event AND having the story spill into everyone and their mother's personal series, so we have to jump around from this to that just to read it in the right order) and constant reboots.

Dex-chan lover
guess this is editor's affection as usual ? It still fun read though, the fanservice was not that dump as you usually get in this trope.
But the art really fit to go lewd path.
@SteamBaron It's just about a normal girl wearing shark gloves. simple ? yes. doesn't mean bland.

Dex-chan lover
@SteamBaron The webcomic had charm and an intriguing, off-kilter, understated tone. It was also simple and direct, dealing with a daft premise in a grounded way, which is it's own comedy.

This feels like it is pulling in different directions. In some ways, a cute simple couple story. In others, a gag comedy. And then there are elements I feel would be much better if it was more like Abe Youichi. None of this gels particularly well, and over reliance on genre tropes isn't helping things.

Aggregator gang
@Walter_vi_Britannia "Ahaha, so funny, you had my sides!" is what I'm not gonna say. For fuck's sake, can this joke be dropped already in anything shark girl/boy related? Literally what I have only heard in comments in the normal webcomic.

Dex-chan lover
@HunLepto As someone with a name very similar to one of the biggest companies in my country, Walton, I know exactly how you feel...but on a much larger scale, one that entails my whole lifetime.

Double-page supporter
Good to see that I'm not the only one who sees this title and thinks "Lava Boy?"

Dex-chan lover
When you get the salty of the webcomic aside, and accept this shounen-ish love comedy, this honestly pretty good. A lot of ecchi compare to what mangaka usually do. But it more funny than fanservive

Users who are viewing this thread