She Becomes a Tree

I'm still kinda pissed at how she's being treated by the company. Thats some bullshit. The rest is great.

@Shazam_Im_Farhan Lol

icm_fullxfull.279740368_izjmdcdlligooo0skks4.jpg

Dex-chan lover
If there's anything I'll hold very against earlier works of the author, like this one, is that they tell too much but show too little. Or they show, and then also tell, but takes like three times the time telling than he did showing. It really hurts the pacing and lessens a bit of the parts he does actually show.

Stories are always nice and wholesome, but oof if that previous stuff doesn't hurt how much I enjoy myself on them. Thankfully his more recent works combine showing with telling simultaneously more often than not (when it's not just a scene that conveys a feeling, not the character talking about those feelings, without those needing to be narrated again in detail later down the line), and it goes extremely well. They don't just put the characters talking to each other while having some light exposition, they make the visuals of the scene be about the exposition they're having. It really shows the author has noticed that kind of small details and tried to make them flow better into his way of making his stories.

Point is: too much exposition with just two characters talking at some points in here, but story still worthwhile and cute. Also check more recent stories of him to see that stop being a problem.

Wood be awesome if trunk of the story had more branching elements.
In all seriousness though, great little story!

Short, sweet, and wholesome. Monster girl yuri is criminally untapped potential.

Fed-Kun's army
@qowboykay

Agreed. There was one Sadako yuri manga (its on the site but not translated) that looked awesome, but its only a one shot and not a proper series. Then there is the Kuchisake yuri manga, also a one shot (sad!).

Personally, I'd love to see one of them get a proper series (preferably fluffy), or even Hachishaku-sama. In fact, theres a yuri pick out there that appears to be just that, but the artist has not yet made a manga of them (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/81454144 ).

Users who are viewing this thread