She Likes Homos, Not Me - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Group Leader
@chillmr I'm bisexual if you need to know. And seriously, homosexual is now a bad term? It's the proper term for the sexual orientation...In textbooks, scientific journals, etc. Plus, it's not like I use that word exclusively...In this context it was appropriate because we're talking about his homosexuality in depth, too.

However, if I really wanted to be insulting, or if somebody straight really wanted to, there are a lot worse things to call somebody of that nature. So I extremely doubt "most" don't like that term. If I'm talking to somebody with that orientation and I choose to use it in the moment and they then ask me not to use it with them, sure, that's respecting their wishes and being a decent human being. But I highly doubt it's needed for me to erase that part of my vocabulary when it's the proper term. I hope you understand.

Double-page supporter
@Yabaibunni I've also never heard of homosexual being offensive, but I definitely do see it as more scientific(?) as opposed to just saying you're gay or lesbian, and that's probably why it shows up in, say, right wing news outlets disparaging the gays.

I found it kinda interesting that this explored the differences between romantic and sexual attraction, even though as an ace/aro I can't 100% understand it. It also reminded me of a time when I was talking to a bi friend of mine who was troubled that she could definitely fall for both guys and girls, but wasn't attracted to men. I just threw out there, "Maybe you're just biromantic, homosexual?" and we kinda talked about it a bit more and agreed on it.

Recently, I found out that she was into some guys, but was super picky when it comes to men, so labels really just do simplify everything without giving you much room for discussion haha.

Sincerely, this Manga was a disservice to LGBT+ community...
Why make all gays couples with a huuuge and sick age gap. When revelated that Mr Fahrenheit was only a middle school kid was so sick. AND THE COUPLE HAND HOLDING ON BEACH HQHDHABUDHD NO ITS NOT BEAUTIFUL WHAT THE FUUUUCK. HE WAS ONLY A MIDDLE SCHOOL KID AND HAD SEX WITH A ADULT WITHOUT PROTECTION AND EVEN GOT DISEASEE AHDHJABSYSHSAUSHH
And that old man bastard is even more danm crazy holy shit LETS HAVE SEX THINKING ABOUT MY SON!!
The community has so much prejudice about gays being pedophiles and this Manga really gets a gold to perpetuate this thinking zzzZZzz
And that fujoshi, I can't even... Sometimes she was really lucid, but then she says something so desnecessary and deluded that was just dumb.
It was really a hard mango to read, I was really expecting some nice story and serious, but it had so much nonsense and cringe Things that it went rock bottom

Contributor
ok. so yeah, a lot of you have already said things similar to what I think about this manga, regarding the problematic depictions of gay relationships, the absurdity that was chapter 10, miura's character as a whole... The one thing I wanted to add was that I think a lot of the cons (not all, because of course, the plot points still exist in the novel) are specifically due to this manga. I'm not trashing the manga artist or author, or whoever draws out the storyboards, because the art is absolutely beautiful, but the comparisons between the novel excerpts so graciously provided by the translators and the same scenes in the manga are so stark. I'm reading the events in the manga, going like wtf??? and not understanding why what is happening is happening, and then I read the novel version and immediately it's like ohhhhhhh I see the purpose of the scene or the motivations of the characters now. So much nuance has been lost in the translation, and I'm not sure if it's just because manga may be less fluid in perspective switches or inner monologues, or if it's specifically the storyboarding's fault.

I thought it'd be nice if the story had been stretched out longer to explore romantic and sexual orientation as separate things. It would feel less exploitative of Jun, and provide more character development for Miura. I don't know. I feel satisfied but at the same time not.

this manga could have been a masterpiece but it's so poorly constructed most of the time

Huh... i have so many thoughts idk where to start. I think this was a beautiful manga, very real for sure, and im sure the novel must be even better. reading other people's comments i can see where they're coming from with the criticisms, but tbh this was enjoyable nonetheless. and i think it poked at some things that are just prevalent in our communities: living in a homophobic country, wanting to be cured, realizing you cant nor want to be cured (or maybe not realizing), feeling desperate to find and love people like you to the point it doesn't matter who it is, discovering what's the kind of happiness you want as a person and then trying to mold it to your very lgbt self. there are very few people that get the privilege to actually reach the milestone of being happy while gay, much less in a... healthy manner (dont touch minors or family members guys no matter how desperate you are). overall i do genuinely understand all their outcomes, either cause ive been there myself or have heard of similar stories from other queer people (which is also in itself a privilege in this very homophobic country of mine).

ill end this by saying, fucks sakes you damn homos, i get we have always had it hard, but boundaries! minors and playing with girls' hearts? 😐

Users who are viewing this thread