She May Not Be Cute - Ch. 37 - New Year's Kiss

Dex-chan lover
Reading Chinese stuff often makes me feel like I'm in a time warp back to the 1970s or so in terms of gender relations. This is one of those times--with my present-day glasses on, it looks uncomfortable and rapey. If I cast my mind back to how they wrote stuff in North America when I was young, it's totally romantic.

"lung capacity"....😂😂😂
but damn,that line "happy new year babe"....kyun~♥️
feel bad for the senior though.. 😥

Lol, it felt like a drama when everyone was at the same place at the same time to watch the kiss. That home wrecker actually was aiming at Lin Hao ? Too bad that Lin Hai won’t even spare her a glance. Felt good that she has to witness it but felt bad for the senior ( he has his chances but it’s too late)

Group Leader
@xsweetmex
Now for those finding this uncomfortable, you really need to rethink on our female leads personality.... Also i think she would of given him a hard slap or a kick to the balls if she didnt want the kiss...

Well said. Let's not forget that she had no qualms about stomping on his foot with her six inch heel just moments before. A teeth loosening slap or a knee to the groin seems like second nature to her if called for.

@Purplelibraryguy

Mind explaining? I didn't see anything even vaguely like rape, not even a hint of attempted rape. Maybe our concepts of rape differ.

totally agree with the people who are uncomfortable with this.

like, this webtoon is cute and all and linhao is pretty, but no means no :( it doesn't mean "kiss them until they're convinced otherwise."

Dex-chan lover
This is like the 3rd or 4th Chinese comic I've seen where the main girl gets kissed repeated until she submits to going out with/marrying the main guy and it feels really weird to see. Like, I get Lin Hao's frustrations with An Ran, but doing something like that feels like it crosses a line.

Aggregator gang
what a way to end the season... 10/10, but what about us?

I can't wait 😣😣😣😣

All I need is happy ending for the 2nd lead 😭😭😭😭 he such a nice person that deserves better

So that forced kiss was unnecessary, but I still think this manhua does well regarding sexism. I mean, Anran is a badass chief editor who everyone respects. She found out she was being cheated on her wedding day and that only made her come out stronger. Plus, the ML is younger than her. It's sooo rare to find a webtoon where the ML is younger, not to mention how much she took care of him when they were kids. You can see in chapter 2 how she'd console him when he cried like a baby.
Idk, I don't think a single scene should discredit the whole story.

waiting for the second season translation, been trying to translate myself but it is so haaard
keep working hard scanlation team! 😘

Ahhh this gives me bad vibesss. I love this manhwa but I hate this trope, try this in real life and you get a #metoo. You don’t keep kissing her until she submits. It was ok for us because we knew Anran had feelings for him, but Lin Hao doesn’t know that she had a wet dream about him. Communication folks, real life needs it, not so much in fantasy manhwa land. Uncomfy

Oh, this is a soap opera.

Don’t know why it took me the whole first season to realize this. Lol

@xsweetmex
What bullshit. Just because her character would be expected to respond like that, he's allowed to take advantage of her and forcefully kiss her?!

Look just because she actually has feelings for him doesn't mean she cant be taken advantage of. So many people have been assaulted by their partners or someone they thought they liked.

If he was a decent person and he felt her pushing him when he kissed her (AND not to mention also say yes that she wants him to be a stranger) then that was his cue to step away and talk things out (and apoligize) or walk away and talk about it another time. Him knowing shes a tsundere type doesnt give him a pass.

Also, what youre saying implies that a strong woman wouldnt let her self get assaulted without fighting back. Firstly thats not at all how assault works and is considered victim blaming if it were a situation where it actually happened. Second of all that is not at all what the creator wants to portray they thought this was a romantic scenario so they wrote it however they felt would be romantic (which is very concerning but not that surprising considering the other forms of media we have consumed when we were younger)
Which bring me to my last point. In reality clear consent is crucial. All the ppl finding it funny that ppl r upset with this cuz its fiction ( @chrondoz ) baffle me. Do tou mean to suggest that all the young ppl reading this wont see this is as romantic and not see a problem that there is no consent? Are you suggesring that fiction has no influence on real life?

Users who are viewing this thread