Shiboritoranaide, Onna Shounin-san - Vol. 9 Ch. 48.2 - Daniela’s Quest Part 2

What a forced way to "show" MC's strength.
By defeating his sister in an absolutely unfair fight.
The sis can't injure the bro because the injuries will get transferred to her.
And she won't drop the protection because she loves her brother too much.
:facepalm:
I really don't like this manga since the author suddenly make the big sis evil.

Edit: For people who marked this comment Dumb, please explain why. Don't tell me it's because I have different taste?
The bangles have been suppressing Lavi's strength for a long time, that's part of the point of them.
The point is that he's going to prove that he can defeat her, even with his low stats, because of the support items.
Yes, she won't fight back against him, because she's a brocon, but she likely wouldn't take any damage from his attacks if he fought without them.
By proving that he can defeat her, even with his hindered stats and forcing her to remove them, he can fight with his full strength, whatever that might be, and the support items.

Dex-chan lover
The bangles have been suppressing Lavi's strength for a long time, that's part of the point of them.
The point is that he's going to prove that he can defeat her, even with his low stats, because of the support items.
Yes, she won't fight back against him, because she's a brocon, but she likely wouldn't take any damage from his attacks if he fought without them.
By proving that he can defeat her, even with his hindered stats and forcing her to remove them, he can fight with his full strength, whatever that might be, and the support items.
I just said "forced way to show MC's strength." I didn't say that there's no merit in this fight. It's just that no matter how suppressed MC's stats were, this is basically an unwinnable battle for the big sis. MC doesn't even need support (Philo's items or whatever). MC will inevitably win if he keep injuring himself and transferring the damage to the big sis; not because her regen hit its limit but rather because she want to stop MC keep hurting himself.

I just said "forced way to show MC's strength." I didn't say that there's no merit in this fight. It's just that no matter how suppressed MC's stats were, this is basically an unwinnable battle for the big sis. MC doesn't even need support (Philo's items or whatever). MC will inevitably win if he keep injuring himself and transferring the damage to the big sis; not because her regen hit its limit but rather because she want to stop MC keep hurting himself.
He's not going to do anything to hurt himself to hurt her. That would be completely against the point he's trying to make.
He's trying to prove that he IS strong. If he can beat her with the support items, he can beat probably anything with both them and the power-suppression bangles removed.
And she's obviously not going to attack him at all, given her obsessive complex with him, so she won't take any "self-inflicted" damage, either.

Dex-chan lover
He's not going to do anything to hurt himself to hurt her. That would be completely against the point he's trying to make.
He's trying to prove that he IS strong. If he can beat her with the support items, he can beat probably anything with both them and the power-suppression bangles removed.
And she's obviously not going to attack him at all, given her obsessive complex with him, so she won't take any "self-inflicted" damage, either.
That would be ideal, that the big sis won't attack MC at all and that MC will try to beat the big sis without being "suicidal".
But looking at the way the story progressed until now, I'm afraid that the big sis will hurt MC instead, because she want to use that pain to traumatize MC.
Or she thought that she can just hold MC down, which would work if MC was indeed as weak as his stats were supposed to be and if he had no support.

Dex-chan lover
If the fight's gonna be a curbstomp in Lavi's favor, then the real battle was gaining the courage to actually confront the bitch. And she fucking deserves it. No hugging it out, i want Lavi to beat the shit outta her.
Not kill her, I'm not an edgelord, but definitely hurt her enough to make her understand that she really fucked up

Edit: For people who marked this comment Dumb, please explain why. Don't tell me it's because I have different taste?
I'm pretty sure the bangles only send Lavi's damage to Connie if it's fatal

They've not shown him get really hurt before, but he can still feel pain.
The fact that it's a "revival" item & not a "heal" item, I assume it only activates on a fatal injury.
She very much seems like the kind of person that would break his arms & legs "for his own good".

With this assumption, she could literally do anything she wants with him & there would be nothing he could do about it, as not even the threat of his own death would hold no weight.

Also, she didn't "suddenly become evil", she was always a problem, but it was framed as a joke. Now the crazed obsession is being taking seriously & is actually being addressed

Dex-chan lover
Unhinged, yes. But evil? Not necessarily.
That just suddenly get established starting from chapter 46.1, when she said that the bangle has stat suppression.
And it's likely because the author need a reason to boost MC's stats later.

Don't you think that it's actually weird for MC to think that he's wearing shackles because his adventures have been going very well lately? Rather than shackled, normally one would think that they got buffed instead. And his so-called "going very well" was actually because he was supported by everyone around him. And luck. HUGE amount of luck.

MC kept going into dungeon since when he was still alone and weak, and it's only because of luck that he met people like Philo who supported and helped him so much that he could reach floor 30. Normally he would have died much much earlier, and that bangle would really help in keeping him alive. Just think about it: despite him being so weak he only found out about the bangles at floor 30. Which means that he was never injured until then. If it's not luck and/or carried by others, what then?

There should be other ways if the author want to suddenly boost MC's stats, rather than making the overprotective big sis evil and the father hatefully incompetent.
Except it was made obvious from the start with his level ups giving him basically nothing that there was something screwy going on compared to other adventurers. He's also never relied on the resurrection and/or healing effect they are imbued with, either; reminder: it happened before he could have healing used on him. Secondly, he literally was shackled and prevented from continuing forward by chains. ANYONE with half a braincell is going to think that they're being shackled at that point.

He wouldn't have died much earlier even without luck, either; he made it down to dungeon level 10 I believe it was with his own skills and capability, even though he couldn't defeat anything because of his wimpy level 1 stats causing him to miss even when he attacked with style and skill. if his stats weren't being actively suppressed, a single level up would have made it much easier to get further level ups, too, or even just after that first spurt from level 1 to 8 because of that out-of-depth golem defeated by the "boomerang" (which seriously is just a double-ended dildo...). Lavi is very skilled, and has been shown throughout the series to be so, too. Like the use of the hell trap scroll and various other things set up for the Kraken fight that let him defeat something far beyond what he should have (again) through wit and ingenuity.

As for the father, it was already explained that physical-buffing unique skills being stripped away have a far greater backlash, and Lavi's father had an indestructable body that was able to stand toe to toe (at least defensively) with his mother's physical offensive prowess. He's literally an invalid, barely able to function physically.

And the sister? She's been shown to be this way from the very beginning, just hiding it from Lavi directly so he had the seeming of being capable while he danced to her whims, unable to do much to go down further unless he had other people supporting him. Or do you forget the goddamn Lavi gear shrine and the way she has yandere raged out at anyone getting close to him at all?

To be fair... I think at this point he's been greatly suppressing his Lewd beast. It'd be kind of a funny coming of age story to have Lavi kinda mainfest one.
And it's just a tiny shaky kitten, just like Philo's fox! X3

Dex-chan lover
devilartemis-sxr123.gif

Dex-chan lover
They've not shown him get really hurt before, but he can still feel pain.
The fact that it's a "revival" item & not a "heal" item, I assume it only activates on a fatal injury.
She very much seems like the kind of person that would break his arms & legs "for his own good".

With this assumption, she could literally do anything she wants with him & there would be nothing he could do about it, as not even the threat of his own death would hold no weight.

Also, she didn't "suddenly become evil", she was always a problem, but it was framed as a joke. Now the crazed obsession is being taking seriously & is actually being addressed
Are you sure that it's a "revival" item and not a "heal" item? The skill's name was "damage transfer" though. And transferring only those that amounts to fatal injuries can easily end up killing the big sis because her power was Regen and not Immortality.

There are many "evil" characters in this manga but like you said, the author down played their "evilness" and treated them all as a joke. Except for two: the one who controls the mom, and the big sis. I just feel that it's unnecessary for the author to make the big sis especially evil by adding the stats suppression part while down playing the fact that the big sis has assured MC's survival in exchange of her own life all this time.

Dex-chan lover
Except it was made obvious from the start with his level ups giving him basically nothing that there was something screwy going on compared to other adventurers.
It doesn't mean that there was a stats suppression debuff happening. Author could have used other methods to boost MC's stats rather than especially villainizing the big sis.

He's also never relied on the resurrection and/or healing effect they are imbued with, either; reminder: it happened before he could have healing used on him.
That's big sis' way to assure MC's survival in exchange of her own. But the author down played it so much despite the constant risk she must have endured everyday, and MC confronted her like she's a total villain.

Secondly, he literally was shackled and prevented from continuing forward by chains. ANYONE with half a braincell is going to think that they're being shackled at that point.
There were lots of characters with unnecessary and meaningless fashion details in manga and anime. ANYONE with half a braincell would not think too much of them. Btw, there were no chains until it suddenly appeared when he tried to move beyond level 30. Chains that stopped him from moving deeper, doesn't necessarily mean that it also has other effect like stat suppression. Until chapter 46.1, there was nothing clear indicating his stats being suppressed.

He wouldn't have died much earlier even without luck, either; he made it down to dungeon level 10 I believe it was with his own skills and capability, even though he couldn't defeat anything because of his wimpy level 1 stats causing him to miss even when he attacked with style and skill.
You believe that it's his own skills and capability, but I believe it's mostly luck and other's help. In chapter 1 MC was caught by a low-level trap at dungeon level 3 because he didn't prepare any countermeasures, and was lucky that Philo came "helping" him. In chapter 2 MC was shown having real trouble handling the weakest class of monsters at dungeon floor 5, and they're only level 2 monsters too. He was lucky Mariabel was there helping him. And he said that he was still level 1 because he couldn't kill any monster yet.

if his stats weren't being actively suppressed, a single level up would have made it much easier to get further level ups, too, or even just after that first spurt from level 1 to 8 because of that out-of-depth golem defeated by the "boomerang" (which seriously is just a double-ended dildo...).
We don't know the stat gain mechanic in that world and how varied they are. He never killed a monster before that, and we don't know how easy he levelled up after that because he kept moving deeper fighting harder monsters.

Lavi is very skilled, and has been shown throughout the series to be so, too. Like the use of the hell trap scroll and various other things set up for the Kraken fight that let him defeat something far beyond what he should have (again) through wit and ingenuity.
I appreciate the writing on those parts. Rare moments that built MC's character to become a "smart" character to overcome his lacking talent. But it's not consistent. And he wouldn't be able to do any of those things alone. That's why I said that he could only reach level 30 because of everyone's supports.

As for the father, it was already explained that physical-buffing unique skills being stripped away have a far greater backlash, and Lavi's father had an indestructable body that was able to stand toe to toe (at least defensively) with his mother's physical offensive prowess. He's literally an invalid, barely able to function physically.
I know his reason for being weak mentally, and I didn't really fault the father because he's basically like those who just watched when bullying happens. It's just that it wouldn't really be a problem if this arc didn't use the big sis as the one who made MC weak all this time.

And the sister? She's been shown to be this way from the very beginning, just hiding it from Lavi directly so he had the seeming of being capable while he danced to her whims, unable to do much to go down further unless he had other people supporting him. Or do you forget the goddamn Lavi gear shrine and the way she has yandere raged out at anyone getting close to him at all?
The sister was clearly a brocon yandere, but the author didn't have to make her especially evil by giving the villain role on her while down playing the fact that it was the big sis that assured MC's survival in exchange of her own life all this time. Author could easily use other things as the reason for why MC was weak.

Last edited:
Are you sure that it's a "revival" item and not a "heal" item? The skill's name was "damage transfer" though. And transferring only those that amounts to fatal injuries can easily end up killing the big sis because her power was Regen and not Immortality.

There are many "evil" characters in this manga but like you said, the author down played their "evilness" and treated them all as a joke. Except for two: the one who controls the mom, and the big sis. I just feel that it's unnecessary for the author to make the big sis especially evil by adding the stats suppression part while down playing the fact that the big sis has assured MC's survival in exchange of her own life all this time.
I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but it outright states that the effect is "Unlimited Resurrection" in chapter 45 & they're called "Revival Bangles" in 46. The Damage Transfer is (one of) the COST of the effect.

She has regen on top of being unnaturally strong, so she can survive damage that would be fatal to a normal person (possibly being the reason she needed to add the third cost). There is likely an upper limit before it kills her, but Floor Restriction & Stat Suppression likely play a role in keeping Lavi from facing one such encounter (Or at least that was the plan)

That's the thing, there AREN'T many evil characters. Quite a few assholes, yes, but the person controlling Skill Taker & Connie are the only ones that don't care about how their actions hurt people. For Connie, it's actually incredible on brand for her to go to these lengths to "protect" Lavi. She cares more about his health than his happiness, making her a really interesting antagonist

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but it outright states that the effect is "Unlimited Resurrection" in chapter 45 & they're called "Revival Bangles" in 46. The Damage Transfer is (one of) the COST of the effect.
The effect name is "Unlimited Resurrection," the item name is "Revival Bangles," the method is "Damage Transfer." Doesn't necessarily mean that it would only activate upon fatal injuries though.

She has regen on top of being unnaturally strong, so she can survive damage that would be fatal to a normal person (possibly being the reason she needed to add the third cost). There is likely an upper limit before it kills her, but Floor Restriction & Stat Suppression likely play a role in keeping Lavi from facing one such encounter (Or at least that was the plan)
It the plot detail added after the author gave the villain role on the big sis. I never said I have any problem with that part. I just said that I don't like the author giving that villain role to the big sis. My personal taste, you see.

That's the thing, there AREN'T many evil characters. Quite a few assholes, yes, but the person controlling Skill Taker & Connie are the only ones that don't care about how their actions hurt people. For Connie, it's actually incredible on brand for her to go to these lengths to "protect" Lavi. She cares more about his health than his happiness, making her a really interesting antagonist
Still, author made the big sis especially evil solely because of the stats suppression part. It's because I love her character aside from the sudden villain exposition in chapter 46.1 that I said I don't like this manga since the author made her evil.

Users who are viewing this thread