Shigahime - Vol. 4 Ch. 25 - Transfigure

Great plot development but damn I agree with @criver the shift in personality for Chika was WAAAAAAY too fast. It took Hirota like several chapters to lose himself and even then it wasn't until he started using that special suit or whatever. Chika should have even taken a longer time or required something more soul shattering for her to go from comforting the moster that nearly raped her to wanting to kill the entire class without a single moment of hesitation. Definitely going to have to drop my rating of this manga for that despite how entertaining it is.

although on second thought, getting stabbed and eating that dude as well as having all that 1st gen OG vampire blood in her is kinda explanation enough I guess? Like maybe getting bitten by two OG's to become the worlds first infected kinda puts her in a vampiric level way above hirota and everything so I guess that explanation enough is good enough for me and makes sense. The blood lust is too strong and euphoria from blood too great to think the way she used to.

Contributor
This bath of blood with the hearts..It's...Original ?
Anyway , time for class murder, yeah !

Dex-chan lover
@yeahthatsright33
Thou to be fair we can probably justify some of the personality shift due to the damage/mental mapulation she was going through prior to be becoming a vampire

Aggregator gang
@yeahthatsright33 It's not sudden because Miwako was controlling Chika for a long time with her blood which she used to heal Chika's arm. We can safely assume that manipulating didn't leave Chika's character and personality unscathed. Not to mention she died and was transformed into a monster - how can you even judge that this is not enough to cause 180o personality shift... People dying and returning "different" is a common theme, same goes to "losing shit after transformation into something else" - 50% shounen mangas features something like this.

Hirota took longer because he's still half-human. All things considered, he is pretty much human if he's not hungry. Chika is not. She's a fully-fledged blood race now and humans are just food to her.

Dex-chan lover
Could have easily been fixed if beta bitch Boi mc didn't attack his own girlfriend and instead gave her the dick.

But nope beta route bois

Dex-chan lover
@thaeril
We can safely assume...
You wouldn't have to assume if the author did a better job. Still the manga is great, which doesn't mean that it's perfect though.
50% shounen mangas features something like this.
Shounen manga on average are quite far removed from realism. This manga is a lot better in that regard, but after all it is seinen.

Dex-chan lover
Worst girl.*

Might not be worst girl. I would need to know how much of Chika's (end of chapter) behavior is due to Miwako's influence over her, and how much of it is just her showing her true colors or being drunk off her new found powers.

Dex-chan lover
So becoming a blood race makes anyone completely change their personality and sensibilities, or Miwako still has some hold over her. The author will probably say both are true at his convenience.

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad Both can't be true since we saw the blood race that starved herself to death, so your conscience doesn't seem to be destroyed.

shit just escalated way too quick daaaaayuuuuuuuuuum BURN THIS THOT WITH FIRE

Dex-chan lover
Awww page 19 is just like the kitten i used to have after it's first mouse kill kinda adorable in weird way

Dex-chan lover
@kazaddum There is some correlation though. It's not entirely arbitrary even though sometimes there are manga that are missclassified into a seining magazine or vice versa.

A manga cannot be both seinen and shonen, just like it cannot be both a comedy and a drama. Shonen and seinen are demographics. Shonen manga are targeted for the under 18 crowd, and seinen for the over 18, and this is usually decided by the magazine that published it. There is no other meaning or connotation to shonen. It does not mean action and fighting, although they often are, since that's what the under 18 crowd buys. Similarly, some "deep" and complex manga can be published in a shonen magazine, and some silly fighting stories published in seinen manga. Strangely, many of the seinen magazines are called Shonen X, like Shonen Jump. That's just to keep us westerners confused, I guess.

That out of the way, best issue so far. It was a slow burn to get here, but the characters now fall into place.

Users who are viewing this thread