Shihai Shoujo Kubaru-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - There's a Next Morning for Me Too

Dex-chan lover
There's such a sinister vibe behind her smile, dramatic irony is a strong writing tool

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for uploading. Revenge time!

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
Bully drop kicks kid in front of teacher and teacher is scared... Does this really happen in Japan?
Not to the point of literally cowering like this teacher but if the bullies are from wealthy or powerful families, wouldn't surprised me if teachers are scared of them and wouldn't dare to interfere. It happened everywhere, bullying is a cancer across time and space and those with power tend to get away with it easily

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. Ugh.. need more to sate this 💢💢💢 in my head...

No, I'm not angry at the bullies, I'm angry at this kind of MC. If you get physically bullied, you gotta be physical too (always work for me).

Dex-chan lover
Bully drop kicks kid in front of teacher and teacher is scared... Does this really happen in Japan?
Who knows if something like this has ever happened ever in Japanese schools (or American for that matter), so not gonna speak on that. But I mean I guess you're not asking that specifically. So writing wise this trope is obviously a trop and exaggeration, but those are always rooted in some real world idea or concept or just reality. Here it's kinda Japanese culture itself. Japanese culture traditionally values community and homogeneous behavior. There is a saying that the nail which sticks out gets hammered down. I think mostly that's well known. Something I've learned more recently is that in Japanese school's much more of an emphasis is placed on the students and more importantly the classroom, solving problems themselves. At least as I learned the teacher doesn't want to interfere because it's heavily preferable that the students learn to correct each other's behavior. The goal is in preserving the classroom atmosphere. However, for bullying this can create the situation that instaad of correcting the behavior of the bully, it's easier to preserve the classroom atmosphere by doing nothing and letting the singular victim get picked on. This is more of an issue if the victim is alienated from the classroom at all and themselves don't really have a place.

It's also possible that like another commentor said, the bully is from an important background or some such.

Users who are viewing this thread