Shijou Saikyou no Mahou Kenshi, F Rank Boukensha ni Tensei Suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Human? the old man looks like dwarf finished drinking a barrel in the next room

what he did to the macho men was mean they only meant well and though he was weak and would probably work as a porter he shouldn't act out of line but simply and politely decline
also it's a retard move to make limited access for being adventure since adventure are disposable goods they die daily and once they lost an arm or leg they are doomed like with such a limited access you'll expect the place of be empty
also they are losers of society without enough talent to work for a noble so talented people would rather get a really job with a title

Double-page supporter
MC, don't get duped like a dumbass. Use some brains instead of being a typical MC simp welcome mat.

Dex-chan lover
Sigh... what's the point of making a big deal about him not having any achievements if you end up making him do the test anyway? Excuse to show how overpowered he is? Do raccoons suck monkey dick?

Man... whats the point of hiding your strength if you're gonna break the scale. Just go up to the edge.

What the actual eff!
magic emperor and god of sword
He worked with people cunning as eff,worked with people who controlled the country and yet he's this dumb! It's not like he's pretending to be dumb of anything,the monologue is trying to cover for his lack of wit and author's gonna use it for drama.
I hate this kind of authors.

Calling it now, the cliffhanger tension is a ruse, backroom is the cool club for badasses or something and the "competition" is something silly. Makes no sense otherwise.

Aggregator gang
This is starting to annoy me, I usually put up with how slow paced some isekai's are even with slice of life isekai's but... nothing has happened in 7 chapters...

I really hope the "competition" is a competition between different guild branches for some sort of bragging rights, and that they just picked the MC to be their representative, and they have to hurry to get him to replace their previous one. Since the old man talked about the prestige of the guild, it might be that they have come in last place the last [insert number] of tournaments, and he is looking for somebody to turn things around.

@feha I would say this in an issue of basically "freelance adventurer" vs. "affiliated adventurer". After all, she asks him if he can give proof of achievements, to prove he is worthy to be an adventurer. Proof of monsters killed would seem to be the easiest thing to provide. If he had shown her proof of the cockatrice he had killed, he probably would have been immediately admitted, but he didn't, because he didn't consider that an "achievement" because of the levels of his accomplishments in his previous lives (and because of being incredibly dense, as shown with the skills just afterward). The fact that he is asked to prove it with "achievements" not "previous registration" shows that he doesn't have to be previously associated with a guild branch to register as an adventurer at this branch.

I think this is basically how most settings with "adventurer guilds" work, and that being "affiliated" has a lot of benefits. It allows them to get jobs that are given to adventurer guilds, which probably have better rewards. It also allows guilds to become convenient places for anybody to post jobs, and have a better chance of somebody taking it (with the guilds having a certain standard, perhaps, for what a job should cost). It allows guilds to have a better idea of the strengths and abilities of various adventurers, both for the assigning of tasks, to try to make sure they are completed (which boosts the guild's reputation, as well as the adventurer's), and for knowing what might be needed to defeat them if they get out of line and start causing trouble. This also makes them valuable as a way to keep adventurers in line, and not going berserk or terrorize/extorting townspeople.

He also could have shown his skills to become accepted as an adventurer (as they would take those as proof of being qualified), but he decided that, when he isn't sure if they count or not, the solution is to not show them and find out, but just to assume they don't count, even though the few experiences he has had would have shown they should. Frankly, the big issue is how dumb he seems to be in evaluating the state of this world, even though he had previously risen to the top in two different fields (and magicians are normally expected to have a decent amount of intelligence). I guess authors decide this is an easy way to build tension (or maybe comedy), but it often isn't executed well, and tends to take away from the flow of events, and cause frustration for readers.

Users who are viewing this thread