Shijou Saikyou no Mahou Kenshi, F Rank Boukensha ni Tensei Suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Ahh the OP MC using an F-rank license...trope tropety trope trope

I'm just happy that her outfit isn't strapless. Combat outfits with insufficient breast support is my pet peeve.

@sjmcc13 i went back and reread it. The sword before it was broken was d rank as a mixture between a and f. His prices suggested it was a higher rank sword according to past purchases basex on their own money and previous purchases. So to refresh
1.knowingly sold inferior product
2.no warning
3.when mc said it was quality craftmanship he boasted but made a noise of contempt when mc confonted on material
4. Even after the sword broke!!!! He only offered a partial refund when she could of died
5.did we all miss the apology the dwarf issued to her? Because there was none
6.also any craftsman wouldnt sell an inferior product that would hurt theur reputation. He sold a sword that broke plain and simple. He didnt make it right as the side characters noted the argument had been going on for a while. "I told u a thousand times" which i get is a exaggeration but the point is until mc got involved he wasnt confessing shit until forced

This is one of the few stories where the MC hiding their power doesn't bother me. Mainly because he's not hiding it for any real reason (except maybe making sure he can't receive forced quests), but he honestly doesn't really give a fuck. He stated his goal - live freely on his own terms His skills - Fighting sword/magic Available jobs - bandit/adventurer/military Military doesn't meet his first qualification and he's a decent person so doesn't want to be a bandit (which can be quite limiting in its own right unless he wants to murderhobo). Which leaves adventurer where he can take the jobs he pleases, travel as he pleases and if he needs extra money it doesn't block him from turning in materials etc. above his rank (which would be stupid). I find it quite refreshing.

Yes you will have the repeating "you're only rank F?!?!?" convos but he honestly doesn't give a damn, not about rank or hiding his power. (While he is it is also more like he just doesn't flaunt it but doesn't mind if people find out either)

And for the people complaining about the dwarf, honestly I can understand both sides, however he did state his workmanship was quality which it was. However if all the equipment can only be made out of poor materials and it is a condition that is citywide, he probably won't bother pointing it out because what's the use? If anything they will leave until they find a merchant that will lie about it and get the money. Although I have been reading alot of chinese novels recently and while it is probably worst when the MC is the salesperson, all the salespeople are pretty much scumbags of a much grander scale than this guy. She was right to be angry but there is also no real reason for him to give a full refund, especially when by the time the product comes back it is completely trashed. I find deception a fair sales tactic, but lying is not. (basically giving accurate info but only of what the customer thinks to ask for or letting the customer infer something more, obviously this is much less acceptable in today's common sales environments but in a fleamarket environment or even private sales it is different, and I consider handcrafted goods to fall under these categories)

Dex-chan lover
...Asuna?

And now that I think about it the other girl kinda looks like Silica

Group Leader
Why do so many authors use adventurers as part time laborers? These kind of people are what make quests so terrible in RPGs. Adventurers are to go on adventures, thus the name. Killing sewer rats is more of an adventure then picking potatoes.

Dex-chan lover
@GrimGriefer I mean you kind of answered yourself, they got the idea from the RPGs in the first place. Better to ask why game developers decided adventurers/heroes were people that do odd jobs 24/7 I suppose? Also, the poop quest. There's always some quest where the devs get their jollies by making some legendary hero dig through animal feces to get something or other. World of Warcraft had no less than three poop quests just around the time of the first expansion, I think. I can't even begin to imagine how many more fecal adventures they've shoehorned into that setting since then, what are they on, the 20th expansion or something?

At least in Monster Hunter, the poop is a weapon.

Fed-Kun's army
Ok. Dear Mangaka, I know you will never read this, but it will make me feel better to write it. WTF do you mean a clan of golems? First off, golems are animated objects and given pretty basic instructions. They are about the same as a Roomba. So you're saying a bunch of these things got together and formed a clan and all decided to move in to some area? Fucking hell, man.

Dex-chan lover
I'm bothered that the artist doesn't know how to properly place boobs on a female torso...

😯

Users who are viewing this thread