Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 20 Ch. 178

I assuming they mean probably either lack of skinship maybe or lack of progression past newly dating awkward phase? honestly I don't know I guess its like yes the series starts with them dating and they held hands but pass that the most we saw was Izumi kiss Shikimori on the cheek at their Disneyland date and they have always been kinda awkward with each other and if one tries to compliment or do something the other freaks out like in later ending chapters they get more comfortable with each other after 2.5 years of dating but they still in highschool now if they had same interactions and were in college then yeah I'd 100% agree with other dude that it'd seem like a innocent young puppy love type of thing but its not so ehh \o/ what can you do
I always find this funny since it shows most people here don't actually read this (or only read this chapter), then overlook some detail and how both of them developed in general just because there are lack of further skinship (that don't actually matter much with their high emotional bonding)

Like : forget chapter 100 exist for their actual kiss (with extra chapter that confirm it's actual kiss, that sadly nobody translate all volume extra chapter), how they want to clear their insecurity first, how they make each other be more comfortable as themselves and less awkward without being binded by gender rules, and how they overall become better person as what they want to be.

Last edited:
they are going out for 3 years and just 1 off panel kiss, this is gotta be a disappointing end for a romcom. Not gonna lie, it was very bland for awhile but at least Shikimori is very cute design, only her blushing face and cute design saving this manga for me.

Dex-chan lover
Well it was cute fluff that helped pass the time. Thanks for translating it all these years.

I am not going to go back through it all but did we ever see these two teens so much as kiss at any point? Dating for 3 years and all I remember is some light hand holding and the premarital first name use.

Dex-chan lover
Why yes, I am vicariously experiencing joy through fictional characters who have more fulfilling lives than me. Abd I love it.
Thanks to the team behind the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread