Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 20 Ch. 178

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating from start to finish, real some grade S tier effort being put in there.

Feel like the series lost its charm after the first 30 chapters. Been floating around aimlessly with very boring and mundane content for very long time. It's neither romantic nor funny to be called a romcom series. Slice of life was pretty on point but over 130 chapters of reaaaally slice of life kind of slice of life was really dull and uninteresting. Even the side characters that were introduced were cringey and added overall nothing to the story. Kamiya was the only interesting one with her unrequited love, but that was also in the first quarter of the story, and everything turned into a chore to read afterwards.

TL;DR: An average ending to an average series. It's a fun read if you got nothing to do but otherwise 5/10.

Whatever yall say, this is and will be my favourite romance manga. In my deepest times, this manga carried me through it with its wholesomeness. 10/10 forever for me.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating from start to finish, real some grade S tier effort being put in there.

Feel like the series lost its charm after the first 30 chapters. Been floating around aimlessly with very boring and mundane content for very long time. It's neither romantic nor funny to be called a romcom series. Slice of life was pretty on point but over 130 chapters of reaaaally slice of life kind of slice of life was really dull and uninteresting. Even the side characters that were introduced were cringey and added overall nothing to the story. Kamiya was the only interesting one with her unrequited love, but that was also in the first quarter of the story, and everything turned into a chore to read afterwards.

TL;DR: An average ending to an average series. It's a fun read if you got nothing to do but otherwise 5/10.
This.

Double-page supporter
Buddy I don't care and if you got a problem with my opinions please proceed to kill yourself with the nearest sharp object and never tag me again because I do what I want to deal with you

Cuz there are too much dumb ppl like u. As simply as that

Such a wholesome readership, really telling what kind of narcissist psychopaths enjoy this manga, warms my heart... :)

Group Leader
Nooooo, its over. It's kinda good ending, but everyone leaving. It's giving me secondhand separation anxiety :worry:.
Too bad, I liked the series and their goofy and never progressing dating life. Very sad to see it end.

Thanks to Just a Lil' bit of Scanlation, for this wonderful series.

I wanna bawl my eyes out cuz it ended. Plz don't end. :qq:

Dex-chan lover
I think I get some of the people's reactions here. Let's take Acchi Kocchi as an example. It's a slice of life/comedy/romance. But the main focus is the comedy in their daily lives with the romance sprinkled in the background and it makes it abundantly clear that is the story outline for that manga.

But for this, nothing really changes. We get the slice of life, but we are kinda "led on" in a sense where we were expecting more progression (romance) with this couple. We didn't really get any and the manga just ends the way that it does, leaving a lot of readers saying "Whoa. THat's is? I read almost 200 chapters for it to go almost no where?" We're just expecting something where the characters are deepening their bond as a couple, and we just get 2 people who are hanging out for this whole time. I mean I can see two people out in the world and wouldn't even think they are a couple. And that's the perspective I have reading this; if the author hadn't broken the fourth wall in a manga description saying that these two are a couple, I would have just thought they were just 2 friends hanging out. That's it.

Dex-chan lover
w
Because we spent 5 years hoping for more and feel frustrated another series ends before it should of even began. Plenty of Manga's have gone past the point of the confession and sadly raised the bar. You don't have to treat everyone like they are 8 years old. You can still explore the facets of romance without showing sex or anything suggestive.

There are 1000's of PG Teen romance TV shows you can reference, they get just to the point of it becoming lewd but don't cross that line but still are able to talk about, dramatize, comedize, and just have plots around characters dating and being people.

That's why we need a new Tag for this. "Developing Feelings" or "Young Romance".
well... To be honest I really like the series. I knew the series would be like that from the beggining and you could see how it would develop, so yeah this is "young romance" or "developing feelings" same way you could put komi-san and other similar romcom slice of life (with a strong emphasis in slice of life). The focus on those kind of romcom is the protagonist (or protagonists) getting better from a issue (in this case, dealing with a crippling bad luck) and generally also revolves around a group of friends and not just the main couple.

Dex-chan lover
I also would like to add that maybe we should add caps on the slice of life tag. I mean, that's how slice of life works. It's just people chilling in their... Wait for it... Life.

it's been a long journey huh, yeah right it feels like they rushed at some point, but that aside it still has a special place on my heart. the only thing left is the epilogue and i look forward to it

Huh? They have been dating awhile.
I assuming they mean probably either lack of skinship maybe or lack of progression past newly dating awkward phase? honestly I don't know I guess its like yes the series starts with them dating and they held hands but pass that the most we saw was Izumi kiss Shikimori on the cheek at their Disneyland date and they have always been kinda awkward with each other and if one tries to compliment or do something the other freaks out like in later ending chapters they get more comfortable with each other after 2.5 years of dating but they still in highschool now if they had same interactions and were in college then yeah I'd 100% agree with other dude that it'd seem like a innocent young puppy love type of thing but its not so ehh \o/ what can you do

Dex-chan lover
anyone thats interested it looks like it hasnt ended here is a link to a Korean site that has some chapters that looks like them to be in college https://manatoki285.net/comic/15630195
oh that's right, the 20th volume released on April 7 has an extra 3 omake chapters.
We'll probably just have to wait a while for someone to translate it.
6lRRWfH.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread