Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 20 Ch. 178

Dex-chan lover
And another Romance Manga ends before the Romance even begins. At least there wasn't a Time Skip, we might have a chance at a Spin Off with an actual Romance plot outside of the build up.

I just want another Tag at this point, like "Developing Feelings" or "Light Romance" or "Young Romance", something to let people know that the focus will be exclusively on Characters realizing their Feeling for another Character, but actually showing what happens after you Confess should be something included in the term Romance. Am I crazy?
They are thoghter since chapter 1, the whole history is post confession

Dex-chan lover
one of the first series I started reading, little by little all of the mangas that I read when I was in high school are ending, it's a bit sad but I'm now at my first year of university so it had good timing at least haha. thank you for the translation!

Double-page supporter
"I'm not gonna lose!"
Inuzuka's not beating those Kacchan of the Light allegations

Dex-chan lover
I really don't get people keep reading and hating and even feeling the need to comment that hate it
Because we spent 5 years hoping for more and feel frustrated another series ends before it should of even began. Plenty of Manga's have gone past the point of the confession and sadly raised the bar. You don't have to treat everyone like they are 8 years old. You can still explore the facets of romance without showing sex or anything suggestive.

There are 1000's of PG Teen romance TV shows you can reference, they get just to the point of it becoming lewd but don't cross that line but still are able to talk about, dramatize, comedize, and just have plots around characters dating and being people.

That's why we need a new Tag for this. "Developing Feelings" or "Young Romance".

Dex-chan lover
Well, I can finally close the chapter on another series
It was a solid series for the most part though I feel it lost it's staying power the longer it kept dragging on

Anyway, solid 7/10 for me.

Dex-chan lover
Sad to see this go but it was a fun read!! Thank you for all of your hard work scan team!!!

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that's really all she wrote.
Thanks to the SL team.
Keigo's artstyle is nice enough, will be anticipating something with a bit more substance for the next work hopefully.
See y'all.

Fed-Kun's army
But you guys ignore how good their communication to each other. There are no unnecessary misunderstanding and drama because they tell what they feel. They discuss it when either of them have some concern. They also clearly supportive to each other and learn to grow up together.

Good real couple should at least can do that. That alone already feel quite realistic to me and make this series already better than most other romcom out there (especially shounen one).
I view this as the ultimate conceit in romcoms. That the ideal relationship is one full of conflict, misunderstanding, fights, etc.(when it's not obvious Wish-fulfilment pandering), and not actual communication and caring. It's why I pretty much just cold hard dropped all HS romcoms in general with only cursory follows. I'm of the opinion that stuff like Bonnouji and other quiet SoL romcoms would even remotely work today.

Users who are viewing this thread