Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 20 Ch. 178

Dex-chan lover
And so the journey ended.
905150178074456064.gif

Dex-chan lover
I was kind of hoping for their relationship to... I guess develop? It was almost static from chapter 1 right up to the end, I think the most exciting development we got was one or two mostly off-panel kisses. A friendship/adolescence simulator type story isn't bad per se, but for the girlfriend and her coolness being the title of the manga and all, that whole aspect was pretty underwhelming. Bit of wasted potential there.
I expect the epilogue to either be the reunion a couple years later with a schmaltzy look back, or the classic "they have babies now" thing.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man... it actually made me sad to see the last panels with the characters whose story I have been following for the last few years...
I'm also glad that the author didn't forget about Risa.

with the ups and downs...I will definitely read the whole thing again. there are just too many funny, cute, comforting, relaxing, basically satisfying moments to simply forget about the manga.

Sorry Confess was just because Usami San was on my brain, that is ending soon too and they confessed today sorry. But my point was things don't progress past a certain point in Manga, and it's just very frustrating we don't see actual development past the point of Confessing. It just stops and we have people acting weird and distant while being lovers.

The problem is we don't get many Shounen comedy romances that get past this point. When trying to find Manga's that get past that. I just get frustrated seeing it over and over
But you guys ignore how good their communication to each other. There are no unnecessary misunderstanding and drama because they tell what they feel. They discuss it when either of them have some concern. They also clearly supportive to each other and learn to grow up together.

Good real couple should at least can do that. That alone already feel quite realistic to me and make this series already better than most other romcom out there (especially shounen one).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It'd be nice if we got some "in the future" extras. Just seems to end without anything special happening.

Dex-chan lover
That was a very cute series and I enjoyed it quite a bit :) not among my favorites but I don’t really get why some people are shitting on it

Reactions: Tlo
Dex-chan lover
But you guys ignore how good their communication to each other. There are no unnecessary misunderstanding and drama because they tell what they feel. They discuss it when either of them have some concern. They also clearly supportive to each other and learn to grow up together.

Good real couple should at least can do that. That alone already feel quite realistic to me and make this series already better than most other romcom out there (especially shounen one).
Friendly reminder that no matter what you do or how you write your manga no one will actually be happy.

but I for one was glad to be along for the ride.

Contributor
And another Romance Manga ends before the Romance even begins. At least there wasn't a Time Skip, we might have a chance at a Spin Off with an actual Romance plot outside of the build up.

I just want another Tag at this point, like "Developing Feelings" or "Light Romance" or "Young Romance", something to let people know that the focus will be exclusively on Characters realizing their Feeling for another Character, but actually showing what happens after you Confess should be something included in the term Romance. Am I crazy?
Bro they were dating since the series started. Isn’t that what everyone here wanted? A total Reiwa series?

What would it take for you to be satiated? For Yuu and Shikimori to have 15 pages of on-screen sex?

Dex-chan lover

Reversing one tired out drama trope is not really what should drive the whole series.

Just people talking by itself isn't really all that enticing.

I mean I read this last chapter and.. besides Shou these characters had like 0 personality to show. Pretty much what was shown since the beginning chapters, where I just gave up and read more interesting things. This last chapter could've gotten me back to maybe greener pastures, but wow.. no thanks ;)

I absolutely abhore drama bullsh*t, but this is not it chief, at least not for me.

Though I do know that some people just need these absolutely nothing media sometimes. All the power to them, everybody has some different wants and needs.

But yeah, these are milk bread characters in a luke warm cup of milk. Nothing more, nothing less. Can't blame people for expecting something more out of a story that runs for 3 years and almost 200 chapters, but I mean, that's Manga, you'll get used to it and learn to avoid it.
Edit: I also understand the need to vent sometimes, especially if you're invested for 3 years.

Just talk to a victim of girlfriend X one of the most blue ball long runners ever to exist. Hilarious to read about the fallout and talk to people that went through all of it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This kinda fell off.

Like mentioned earlier, the cool factor seems to have disappeared at some point and that was like, you know, the thing. The manga became a ''Shikimori is just a cutie'', a kinda boring slice of life. Not fan of the ending either, it's just kinda ''yeah that was it, you can go home now''.

I remember enjoying this much more at the start.
Alas, it is what it is. At least it didn't drag on even more.

Dex-chan lover
I Love this Manga. BUT I want a KISS Goddamn.
Anyways i love it :)
Sorry we only have "maybe, could be, I guess" panel cut off hand holding... Can't show that lewd stuff to the young impressionable audience! D:

Dex-chan lover
This kinda fell off.

Like mentioned earlier, the cool factor seems to have disappeared at some point and that was like, you know, the thing. The manga became a ''Shikimori is just a cutie'', a kinda boring slice of life. Not fan of the ending either, it's just kinda ''yeah that was it, you can go home now''.

I remember enjoying this much more at the start.
Alas, it is what it is. At least it didn't drag on even more.
Such a concise and to the point comment, perfectly encapsulating other people's frustration in here.

Sadly the issue with this manga could've come from many things, was it that the author didn't have any plans to fill 170 chapters? Editor/publishing wanted more cute? Time restraints? Lazyness?
Who knows, in the end people invested and wanting the best for the story and characters they're following, getting disappointed is the saddest thing really.

It is how it is ¯\(ツ)/¯ I wish ya more enjoyment and satisfaction in the next story.

Reversing one tired out drama trope is not really what should drive the whole series.

Just people talking by itself isn't really all that enticing.

I mean I read this last chapter and.. besides Shou these characters had like 0 personality to show. Pretty much what was shown since the beginning chapters, where I just gave up and read more interesting things. This last chapter could've gotten me back to maybe greener pastures, but wow.. no thanks ;)

I absolutely abhore drama bullsh*t, but this is not it chief, at least not for me.

Though I do know that some people just need these absolutely nothing media sometimes. All the power to them, everybody has some different wants and needs.

But yeah, these are milk bread characters in a luke warm cup of milk. Nothing more, nothing less. Can't blame people for expecting something more out of a story that runs for 3 years and almost 200 chapters, but I mean, that's Manga, you'll get used to it and learn to avoid it.
Edit: I also understand the need to vent sometimes, especially if you're invested for 3 years.

Just talk to a victim of girlfriend X one of the most blue ball long runners ever to exist. Hilarious to read about the fallout and talk to people that went through all of it
Better than forced drama just for sake of drama, tho. Especially from lack of communication. They also clearly developed become better person as what they want to be.

Their personality and act is also quite varied. Well, it's easy to ignore something positive when you already don't like it in the first place, after all.

People sure really hate it when couple want to do something in their own pace because of muh "progress", even when they clearly show how good their relationship are in other way
¯\(ツ)

Dex-chan lover
Their personality and act is also quite varied. Well, it's easy to ignore something positive when you already don't like it in the first place, after all.
Wow what a bitter and absolutely missing the point statement, sure everybody here already hated the story from the first word they read, totally my dude... yikes

And yes they sure went their own pace for 3 years and 170 chapters. ;)

Friendly reminder that no matter what you do or how you write your manga no one will actually be happy.

but I for one was glad to be along for the ride.
Ehh no the quote is "no matter what you do, not everybody will be happy", as in, some people will be happy, some don't. If nobody would ever be happy, that would be kinda fckd ya know.

Bro they were dating since the series started. Isn’t that what everyone here wanted? A total Reiwa series?

What would it take for you to be satiated? For Yuu and Shikimori to have 15 pages of on-screen sex?
They didn't even have an on-screen kiss, I think you're missing some steps here Romeo. xD

Users who are viewing this thread