Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja - Sekai Saikyou no Kenja ga Sara ni Tsuyoku naru Tame ni Tensei Shimashita - Vol. 12 Ch. 36 - The Strongest Sage, Wolf …

Double-page supporter
RIP to the big tiddy demons.

Such a shame that those wonderful tiddies were used for evil.

Man, idk anything about drawing so these characters might be really easy and quick to make, but still I'm seeing a lot of detail for them to just show up and get killed in a couple of pages.

Dex-chan lover
@jackasstheboom There's a number of tricks of the trade to sort of lessen the burden in cases like this. One that comes to mind quite immediately for manga in particular is division of labor. The main artist credited might be focusing on setting up the base for everyone else to work on top of and just the main character cast, while other people working as assistants might be handling backgrounds or lesser characters (these demons for instance), adding the finishing touches like shading and such.

If I were drawing characters like them all on my own, I might personally treat it like a character creation screen in a video game. Each demon only has to be so different from another one to feel as unique as these guys have, so have some "stock parts" as it were sketched out ahead of time, and mix and match from those to build the characters quicker as you need them. Drawing digitally, this method could be further simplified over time by actually keeping the "stock parts" on their own so you can even paste them in and edit a bit as needed, though that might not work with something more detail oriented like battle scenes, where the poses being simplified this much all the time will become a bit too noticeable.

Double-page supporter
At least one of the naruto-runners storming Area 51 had a face mask to avoid getting Covid lmao

Users who are viewing this thread