Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja - Sekai Saikyou no Kenja ga Sara ni Tsuyoku naru Tame ni Tensei Shimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 15 - The Strongest Sage Can See…

@GodGinrai
Yes. Very much so. I'm not saying we should all go out dancing in the nude, just that we shouldn't need to feel ashamed when someone else decides to.

Also, my cat was but naked from birth to death. No one tried to stop me from looking at her.

@supermonkey123 Without memory of another world, it's not isekai. That said, he plans on making it one. First chapter he talked of how he wishes to leave this universe to fight demons of another world. The whole reason he reincarnated was to ensure he was strong enough for that.

Memories of another world are the only thing differentiating fantasy from isekai. This is why I call fantasy 'isekai with amnesia of the other world'. Honestly believe we should merge the two tags together.

Dex-chan lover
Why can't humanized dragons take the form of our beloved Tooru-san. :(

Lan

Dex-chan lover
Wait are people forgetting the MC in his past life almost drove the Devils to extinction and was so revered that he's now seen as a God? He's strong as heck.

Aggregator gang
@GodGinrai How in blue blazes is seeing her naked in human form any different than seeing her naked as a dragon, not to even mention riding on her naked body. This Western mentality is such rubbish, honestly.

But let's just say that it's fine to act this way in a standard scenario. A man seeing a naked woman in public is simply unacceptable. Got it. That doesn't mean that you should throw health and safety out the window. Like I was saying, I really expected Iris's upper arms/shoulders to have some deep scars or something to correspond with the damage that's still on her wings in her dragon form. It makes no sense that her secondary form should mitigate all damage that she sustained in her dragon form.

If there was seriously something wrong there, and Matty could have healed it, then these girls indirectly harmed Iris for no reason besides being all girly and embarrassed about human anatomy.

Aggregator gang
@firefish5000 Except the person who was doing so had no idea what they are doing. That, combined with the fact that they probably didn't want their friend looking at the naked bodies of other women, (as well as the fact that he has basically no common sense) makes for a very believable and hardly "puritanical" justification for why they acted as they did.

@Aretheus The mind doesn't work that way. If it walks and talks like you, you are inclined to believe it is like you. This is why all of these fantasy stories have cross-race romance.

As for the "indirect harm" argument, you don't think they wouldn't have checked her body while they got her some clothes to put on? If they had seen something that needed to be healed, I'm sure they would have acquiesced and let him perform the heal.

Dex-chan lover
Alright.
Why should I continue reading this story?
The main character doesn't struggle at all and will not.
Conflict is not actually there, as the main character is too powerful and lacks flaws that would actually hinder him of solving tasks.
Thus, no conflict exists.
The Demons where merely there to let the hero show off.

Aggregator gang
@GodGinrai You're forgetting that those two girls know dick-all about dragon-human anatomy, transformation magic, or whatever else. Matty is the only one who understands all of this well enough to properly diagnose whether Iris is healthy or not. That is, unless you're one of those imbeciles that tries to go onto WebMD and self-diagnose yourself with PTSD because going to trained medical professionals is for pussies.

Btw, don't try to defend them by saying that they didn't know what Matty's intentions were. He explicitly said what he was doing, which flipped their switch.
PIeoXyK.png

There are only two ways to interpret their behavior here.
1: They seriously believe that it's completely unacceptable for Matty to see Iris' naked body no matter how warranted it may be.
2: Despite hearing the completely valid reason that Matty had for examining Iris' body, they instantly twigged that he was just a lecherous bastard. In which case, who needs enemies with friends like this amirite?

No, I don't see any way you could defend the actions of these girls. It's only written this way because that's how the generic rom-com screenplay rulebook says that you have to do it. It speaks to lazy writing, first of all, but in this case, it also makes the characters unlikable because of it.

Aggregator gang
@Aretheus You just got finished saying that you would have expected damage to show visually in the human form and now you are saying that they wouldn't see the damage because they don't know about dragon anatomy? Those are two conflicting arguments.

Also, sure, they knew what his intentions were. You've never seen similar scenes in other stories where they stop the guy with a line like "then I'll check". It's not a matter of lazy writing either. Many women would act just like this. Can you call it cliche? Sure. But it was already cliche when the transformation ended up in an ecchi naked scenario.

Dex-chan lover
Great...another dragon loli ...We already have Kanna , wasnt that already enough

Also maybe because of its slow pacing, but this might be the first mc op that got me so bored of the concept of superpowered isekai kids.

I dont care how many demons you kill Matthias, youre still a slab of rock dull

Aggregator gang
@GodGinrai Do you mind not taking single statements out of context and write off literally everything else then act like you've found some smoke and gun? I mostly brought up Iris' wings because it was pissing me off that there was no noticeable damage in her human form. But let's just say for instance that there were some markings or wounds there. How are those girls supposed to know what's a natural part of the transformation and which part's a dangerous accident?

What if there was a sign that was a part of her mana flow? What if there was some small sign that could give away some lethal internal deformity? This is all speculative, but I know just as much as those idiots do. Matty is the ONLY person there who knows what could go wrong and knows what it looks like for the transformation to go wrong.

Btw, cliche is not bad by itself. This is the problem with CinemaSins. He just points out cliches even if the cliches make sense for the characters in the context of the story. Transforming from a naked dragon into a naked human makes sense, so there's no problem with it. You could complain about the art and how it's presented in an exploitative way. But in the context of the story, it's perfectly fine.

It's only in cases like this where the cliche clashes with rationality and good sense that you can start calling the writing bad. For instance, if either of these girls was a tsundere that was established to suspect Matty of being a womanizer, then it would make sense to act this way now. Without that foundation, it's nothing but cliche dying in the middle of the room.

Users who are viewing this thread