Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja - Sekai Saikyou no Kenja ga Sara ni Tsuyoku naru Tame ni Tensei Shimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 15 - The Strongest Sage Can See…

God damn LH's translations are fucking atrocious and unreadable. I at least know some moonspeak, so I can just reference the raw if what I just read made no sense but these translations can really diminish the experience dramatically for english only readers. Here's some quick fixes for some of the dialogue that seemed awkward or just downright wrong:

Page 7: "What's wrong with my right arm?" should really be "So what were you saying about my right arm?"

Page 11: "How much magic it takes away depends on the magic user." This is just plain wrong, the correct translation is: "Magic power is volatile and changes its quality in accordance with the mage/magic user." referring to how his absorption of some of his magic allows him to analyze his opponent.

Page 42: "You have the magic to change to human form? Use that and Let's do it together." Should be "Change into human form so you can come travel together with us [to the school]".

These are just some of the awful glaring translations in THIS chapter (there's more of them) and every chapter's been littered with them. LH get your shit together.

Dex-chan lover
@Blubgoo people want their daily fix of OP MC, cant ask for quality translations when youre serving fast food

@boag Most people would find that It's extremely hard to enjoy fast food when there's shit (LH) all over it.

Dex-chan lover
"i enchanted my arm so it steals the enemies power when he cuts it off"
no what why who what the fuck am i reading
atleast the dragon turned out to be cute

Dex-chan lover
@firefish5000
Memories of another world are the only thing differentiating fantasy from isekai. This is why I call fantasy 'isekai with amnesia of the other world'. Honestly believe we should merge the two tags together.

I consider time travel with in the same body to be a form of reincarnation. And I keep isekai and reincarnation/ second chances separate. Not all reincarnation stories are isekai and not all isekai are reincarnated. They are both plot devices for background and although some times used together, one is not required for the other. I am in favor of keeping them separate, but maybe making a tag for reincarnation if one does not already exist.

edit: I think I just wanted to comment on the topic, but not sure if it really pertains to the argument. Oh well my opinion is my opinion even if it is irrelevant I suppose.

@CraniumAmbiguity In that case, I suppose my issue is that isekai isn't a tag, but a genre. I see how fantasy is a genre, but isekai.... The only thing it adds to the story is "from another world". That is hardly a genre.
Fantasy, a proper genre, encompass Species/Races(elves, fairies, dragons), World rules(magic, miracles), Geography(floating islands, living dungeons, new bioms), Society(multi specie/race interactions, power vs powerless). In my mind, a genera is a word which defines a large part of the setting(what/when/where) of the world, while remaining entirely generic by itself.
Isekai just says "I don't know where we are, but it is not the MC's hometown, that's for sure!". Incredibly narrow, specific, and honestly tells me near nothing about the setting or what to expect. Usually, it is only relevant in the first chapter, where you can expect "falala~de~da! AAaaaahhh! Truck-kuuuuuun! ....... What.... where am I...Yes! Isekai! Lets check if I have any cheats!".

If this were labeled tags instead of genera, it would make much more sense to me.

Dex-chan lover
@firefish5000
it should be noted that the minimal description or setting is "spirited away". Which could mean teleported(summoned), reincarnated, ect. But for the most part it usually means leaving behind the old world. In this sense something like "The Devil Is a Part-Timer!" is technically an isekai and yet the fantasy element has less to with the current world and more with the background of the characters.

Isekai deserves it's own tag if nothing else than the shear number of stories based on that concept. It might be just a small bubble emerging from fantasy, but it does cover areas where a broad fantasy may not. The main line that could be draw would be the use of the "modern world's" technology and ideas to influence the "rural" fantasy's.

Dex-chan lover
OMG MATHIAS YOU CAN BREATHE? that's how the people of that world react to every mathias related thing.

Fed-Kun's army
and ofc the dragon gonna turn into a girl (like the name wasn't obvious enough i guess)... i mean more girls is always good but...all Isekai manga are like this its boring....ffs can i expect one of them turn into a cool badass guy for once?

It's not a loli?! Heresy!
Also, 5000 years ago she was totally a loli, so I guess MC literally assaulted poor kid and killed her family

Dex-chan lover
I know I read these meh isekais while waiting for the good ones or at least the ones I love, but sure would be nice if there were still another guy in the party or at least around more (around their own age) instead of a burger fest all the time even in harem ones. An effort to be unique and different is sure uncommon

Dex-chan lover
Dragon that can fly you around and can turn into human form. I see where this is going, he'll definitely be riding Iris a lot.

+1 to Harem (3 total)

@Liquidxlax In my experience, the token male best friend character in a harem manga is a futile gesture on the author's part, usually.

Users who are viewing this thread