Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja - Sekai Saikyou no Kenja ga Sara ni Tsuyoku naru Tame ni Tensei Shimashita

the gary stu MC makes this even worse than it already is.

just name random negative terms to describe this manga and chances are that you're right most of the time.

it has been a while since the last bottom tier manga i've read
and the average isekai manga lowers the bar by quite a bit.

Double-page supporter
wow, kenja no mago was already terrible and this is literally the exact same?

If you wanted one punch man with none of the comedy, self awareness, satire, or any thought, and replace the gaping hole dropping all those create with a very bad mystery that is not expanded upon, then this is for you. I know it’s harsh to compare it to OPM but this story commits the cardinal sin of being fecking boring as hell and just rehashing iskekai tropes that have been done to death. There’s nothing that interesting or special here. 5/10 saved only by better then average art making up for a lack of story and character execution.

If you are looking for a op mc this is for you, but dont take it seriously its a great read but dont bother expecting a great story line or progress. Worth it nonetheless

I love when he's just cutting off all the demon's heads as they're crying when they realize whats happening and the author thinks we're going to be rooting for this ruthless dickhead. Like are we just supposed to hate Demons in this world because they're called Demons or is there some type of reason he's allowed to basically be Demon Hitler.

Is it me or is the fact that magic is absorbed after killing monsters kinda never used again? The one they talk about in chapter 1

@calvinthecalvin I mean the demons usually show no remorse or care for killing the humans, if anything they seem to find it enjoyable torturing and brutalizing humans, so yea them getting slashed up when they screw up and attack the wrong people is entertaining.

Don't get me wrong if mathias just went around slaying the demons for shits n giggles even if they weren't trying to fight back, that would be bad, but at this point it's still basically self defense from an invading army trying to kill everyone.

Jajaja. Was looking it thinking “maybe a good manga but was this shyt again” I have read some chapter of this manga some time ago but is one of the worst Isekai I have read.

This has been one of the better isekais going around. The supporting casts are rather flat though.

@Wendigo_King Brutalising one of them while having the other watch, both unable to move was a bit waay over the top thou wouldn't you say? I get the idea, he just wants to find their bases but does the ends justify the means? They are the evil ones, they are the ones supposed to be brutalising, killing and torturing. If he does stuff like that wouldn't he just be at their level?

(idk if this is how you tag someone but 'close nuff)

Man this kid really gets it done. It's good to see a protagonist actually kill his enemy, cause I hate watching some shithead with an over 9000 power-level waffling around in a fight because he doesn't want to reveal how strong he is or doesn't want anyone to get hurt or some fucked up irrelevant stuff. Especially because Matthias is so damn efficient, he recognizes that this is inter-species conflict that can only end in genocide, because he saw it a couple thousand years ago, and he's setting about to win. It is a war, after all. It deserves to be portrayed as such.

That said, this story is flat, I mean like cardboard flat. We know maybe 5 characters, and we barely even know that much about them. The kingdom's culture, political structure, population, and just about everything are relative unknowns or hyper-simplistic. I'm not saying I want a dissertation or some shit, I just think we should see this stuff in the background to remind us that the city exists, is unique somehow and "real" people live there. The supporting cast is just there for the same gag of "wow you did the impossible, omg" and they don't even do it as well as Kenja no Mago (which is not that high a bar anyway) because we barely know them as people.

Group Leader
Isekai Manga in a nutshell
Y3cRFvT.png

Users who are viewing this thread