Shikkoku Tsukai no Saikyou Yuusha - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The White fox who wants to die (1)

Dex-chan lover
@RubyG8396 To me it seems like it might simply be a story about 2 people whose meeting has saved them both from despair.

Thanks to that they can go on living and find a light at the end of what seemed like an endlessly dark tunnel.

Lose his family and then lose his lovely fiance might be more painful than being betrayed, MC try to find happiness and it's failed, He is tired and give up to find happiness. it's might be the reason that he is not interested to take revenge.
The MC and the Fox, both want to die. But right now they have some reason to stay alive before they kill each other.
I guess this story can end either they die peacefully or found happiness to stay alive.

Double-page supporter
I can never really feel for these "I lived too long, everyone dies too quickly." characters, especially the ones that want to die but act like they can't when suicide is the easiest thing in the world.

Living forever would suck if you lived in a world without magic or advanced science, but fantasy worlds have an abundance of long-lived races, not to mention the various magical means of granting longer lifespans or even immortality.

Dex-chan lover
"I identify as a male" ??? Can't people translate thing without forcing in unrelated stuff? I don't have access to the raw but I'm guessing that he just say "I'm a male" without this gender identity bs.

edit: okay, it turns this also serialized in manga up so i can check it. The raw just simply say "my gender/sex is male", which mean biologically (based on his sexual organ) he is a male. Using "identify as a male" here implying that he isn't biologically male, but mentally he want to be a male or want others to treat him as a male.

Dex-chan lover
>is hero of the darkness
>did not fall into edginess and swear to take revenge.
impossible

let me tell you a story of long ago:
When a man was tired of life and was about to select death, his wife gave him the serpent wine. Then suddenly the man became happy and forgot he wanted to die.

Oh an update :D. I like where this is going so hopefully it gets more releases. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Crash21
>is hero of the darkness
>did not fall into edginess and swear to take revenge.
impossible

ikr, i love it! Though I don't agree with romanticizing suicide, I still like the mc, made me a bit teary eyed. Btw, any suicidal manga readers don't do it. Seriously.

Dex-chan lover
@kiriha

That's not how any of that works at all. You can identify as a male and have male sex organs. Chill man, just enjoy the manga or translate it yourself.

Dex-chan lover
The Hero of Darkness and a "Celestial Fox?" duo's death knell isn't here yet. Dude's stronger than most, some would automatically seek revenge.

@Niemand

Thus Spake Zarathustra. Impressed you know that.

Dex-chan lover
@viralepisode You missed my point but sure let's stop here. Also, just because it's free doesn't mean it can't be criticized. "translate it yourself" hehe what a cute argument. Sadly i don't like the manga enough to even read it raw so translating it is definitely a no for me, unless someone is willing to pay for it.

Contributor
I kind of like the almost storybook format of this progression.

"Once upon a time there was a man who wanted to die..."
"'...But wait,' said the fox, 'first we should have a meal'..."
"'...Now we're ready, but incidentally,' the fox asked, 'is there anyone you'd like to say goodbye to?'"
"'...Now go!' cried the sister, 'But wait—if you could but bring me the tail of the Golden Serpent'..."

Dex-chan lover
I think last time it was actually hero's fault when he got this kind of blame was Tsugumomo... Wait, the hero (justifyingly) blamed himself there. I don't know where else hero shaming was not due to some dumb reason like "you were supposed to be everywhere and save everyone".

Users who are viewing this thread