Shimanami Tasogare - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Mai is so cute, i wonder why she seemed very open from the very beginning and even disliking her mom's actions. i guess children really are more open-minded than adults sometimes?

I'm really, really happy that Anon is probably asexual, but it definitely feels off to see Tchaiko and his partner say that means she isn't looking for a romantic relationship at all, since asexual and aromantic are two different things. I still don't understand how she manages to... fly lmao. As someone who's ace too, it's nice to have some representation.

@vickamoose I thought that was weird, too, but from what I found, it looks like the term asexual is used almost entirely for aroaces in Japan.
Also, hi fellow ace!!

Anon might be schizoid as well, if shes based on a real person. There's a tendency in that group to want to observe from the sidelines, some say because of a fear of being "consumed", and to seek "oneness" in solitude and controlled disassociation.

Aggregator gang
@Vickamoose Right? Also there really needs to be a word for people who are sexually attracted to the opposite sex but romantically attracted to the same sex. I don't think bisexual or pansexual quite cuts it.

Dex-chan lover
@Nick_Asano there is the split attraction model where if your romantic attraction is different from your sexual attraction, you just mention it in front exchanging the -sexual part with -romantic. So the type of case you mentioned, it’d be homoromantic heterosexual. I myself for example am homoromantic bisexual. There’s good room for variation with different combinations.

Dex-chan lover
I'm happy to learn that Anon is ace. <3
And ughh poor Saki. Outed just like that to her family...

Panromantic ace here :, ) Constantly falling in love with people, never feelings any physical attraction can get kind of awkward. It sometimes feels like there's a glass wall, even though there isn't one.

I heard the author is asexual. Seems like they're writing themselves in to the story

Hmm... it's a human instinct to feel lonely (hardly a positive experience!) from prolonged solitude; the Kurzgesagt video on loneliness explains it pretty well. Maybe she doesn't experience that as a result of genetic and environmental factors? Is that how it works in real life? Also, I really hope Touma will be OK with his dad finding him in the lounge. He looks like a very confident person, even if he is evidently insecure or emotional at times.

Nice to see you guys here expressing yourself. The world should respect more diversity, really. For me, pansexual and asexual seems identical first but now I understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread