Shimotsuki-san wa Mobu ga Suki ~Hitomishiri na Kanojo wa Ore ni Dake Dere Amai~ - Ch. 15.1

Dex-chan lover
Idk guys, the sister is pretty bad but i think she's the most okay so far compared to the other girls.

Few chapters before (IF i remember correctly since the updates on this one is slow) already indicated that she feels remorse for the whole thing.

This confession is basically just her officially ending things properly with that stupid boy so she can make amends and have a proper siblings relationship with MC. She definitely wants the stupid boy so bad, but the answer is obvious

Dex-chan lover
I already feel it…

This dumbass Ryouma is gonna fumble and say that he can’t give up on Shimotsuki, and lose Azusa going back to her real bro…

… and yet I still read on. Idk if this make me tasteless or masochistic at this point :nyoron:
fumble? You make it sound as if getting a girlfriend is the goal, no matter who. Or girls in general, for a harem.

he only cares about the one girl, and the right thing for him to do here is admit that he can't "just forget her" and reject the confession of the girl he is not in love with.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda want them to get rejected but I kinda don't want to because they will probably switch back to MC and that would feel shitty.
No, I want them to switch back to the MC. Then MC rejects them like he should.

They had something good and threw it away for a pretty looking guy, they deserve to get rejected twice and realize they lost their chance since another more powerful rival has staked her claim!

Dex-chan lover
Idk guys, the sister is pretty bad but i think she's the most okay so far compared to the other girls.

Few chapters before (IF i remember correctly since the updates on this one is slow) already indicated that she feels remorse for the whole thing.

This confession is basically just her officially ending things properly with that stupid boy so she can make amends and have a proper siblings relationship with MC. She definitely wants the stupid boy so bad, but the answer is obvious
Lil sis definitely is torn between her guilt about abandoning step bro, her wishes to repair their familial bond and her crush on the creepy chad.

Shes already thinking he is uncool, not much of a push left for her to start getting over him

Dex-chan lover
THAT is what's happening?? I don't usually read spoiler comments. Did the manga say that and I just missed it? I thought that was just MC being usual extreme self-deprecating Japanese high schooler seeing him as a protag. Huh. That changes everything, makes him really creepy with that power and FMC distaste more appreciable.
Not explicitly but yes, it does.

Double-page supporter
As MC says, Ryouma is self-centered, he's gonna tumble so hard, he didn't even realize what he did

Dex-chan lover
loving someone at their lowest is astoundingly sweet, i really hope ryouma dosent fumble, sure he is a creep but their a buncha fucking highschoolers, they can learn and grow.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly hope that the three girls get mad rejected so hard. Like the switch up they did to the MC for no reason was insane.
The collective pain brought by the "I love Emilia" pandemic might as well be a slap on the wrist compared to this, but more of being one we have to watch go up in flames compared to how those felt for the losing heroine.

Dex-chan lover
The crush of the girls is basically beyond their control in the story.

Anyone here reads or follows tensura? Do you know who masayuki is? Well, the fake Mc is basically romcom masayuki, no joke.

Fmc is immune because she has that special hearing of hers, which is also why she liked Mc in the first place

(not using spoiler tags on any of this since it has already been mentioned in the Manga how they feel like their infatuation is even beyond their control, specially little sis)

Just for context, even Mc was affected by the fake Mc, making him depressed and think he was a mob in his own story, and spending time with shimotsuki is what slowly "cures him"

So yeah... The sister is remorseful, you can see it since chapter six or something, her crush on fmc is basically a childhood trauma and she knows she will lose. Now for the spoilers...

how her confession will be used as a stepping stone by fake Mc to regain his confidence as the protagonist and corner shiho to accept him... Which she won't, don't worry, our boy will step up, also don't worry about each girl going back to Mc, each of them have very different endings, only little sis actually comes back to him and he would only accept her out of the three, novel readers know why.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, so little sis only likes Ryouma because he looks exactly like a dead bio brother??? Sweet home Alabama

The crush of the girls is basically beyond their control in the story.

Anyone here reads or follows tensura? Do you know who masayuki is? Well, the fake Mc is basically romcom masayuki, no joke.

Fmc is immune because she has that special hearing of hers, which is also why she liked Mc in the first place

(not using spoiler tags on any of this since it has already been mentioned in the Manga how they feel like their infatuation is even beyond their control, specially little sis)

Just for context, even Mc was affected by the fake Mc, making him depressed and think he was a mob in his own story, and spending time with shimotsuki is what slowly "cures him"

So yeah... The sister is remorseful, you can see it since chapter six or something, her crush on fmc is basically a childhood trauma and she knows she will lose. Now for the spoilers...

how her confession will be used as a stepping stone by fake Mc to regain his confidence as the protagonist and corner shiho to accept him... Which she won't, don't worry, our boy will step up, also don't worry about each girl going back to Mc, each of them have very different endings, only little sis actually comes back to him and he would only accept her out of the three, novel readers know why.
Can you spoil me more about their endings? Apart from the mc & fmc which is obvious on how will they end

Dex-chan lover
Can you spoil me more about their endings? Apart from the mc & fmc which is obvious on how will they end
I really recommend you search for the novel, but I'll try to give the most important stuff since some stuff also changes between light novel and web novel.

first for context, in the novel the Harem of fmc is huge, there are sempais, the school nurse, even Mc's young cool aunt kinda got tingly when she met him and 2 other important girls also fell for him in the WN but at least one of them got spared in the LN because nobody liked that happening, also most of those girls fall out of love with fake Mc instantly once he loses his mojo.

Now to the main three, Lil sis will be rejected hard in the next Manga chapter and fake Mc will use her confession to re boost his confidence and go Confess to shiho, obviously he gets rejected and he looses his cool again, then Lil sis mourns a bit while the main couple stay with her (both girls get real close from then on, pretty much sisters) and she has one of those moving on moments even cutting her pigtails and everything, apologizing openly to her bro and once she comes back to school she changes seats and leaves the "romantic comedy" in the WN there's a little relapse that Mc failed to prevent when he totally could (she literally says "if you think I shouldn't then I won't go for they guy and Mc says do whatever you want) but she resists fake Mc attempt to get close again and now she really gets closure, she has no romantic plot after that.

Library gyaru girl is the focus in vol 2, there's a new girl who tried to manipulate stuff so ryoma gets isolated, rejected, alone and with no one to fall back to, and the idea of the new girl was to have all the losing heroines go back to Mc but he botches her plans, library friend ends up really vulnerable and somehow really considering Mc romantically but he plays a "villain" rejecting her so hard and humiliating that she slaps him, but later she gets that Mc did it to wake her up, she recovers part of her old self and the volume ends with her thinking about Mc and what could have been if she hadn't been stupid. But since there are more Volumes, the author made it so she would continue to pursue fake Mc but in a more honest way, also she and Mc become friends again, they're not that close like they used to but there's no bad blood between them.

Third volume is about childhood friend being engaged with Mc for an arranged marriage by their parents, Mc uses fake Mc to get rid of that, trying to give him his confidence back, childhood friend is really weird in this one, she's at first resigned to her luck but she is really depressed, but once fake Mc comes to the rescue to confess to her she rejects him too, in the end at least the engagement is broken and childhood friend also keeps going for fake Mc even if she rejected him, so his Harem still exists until he can decide between them.
Childhood friend and Mc never really get along again, they remind each other of the worst part of their personalities so they kinda tolerate each other's presence but they never become even friends again.

The other two girls... One is a hilarious self insert, a cheat character to move the plot along, she's a millionaire that ends up as a maid for her classmates... and the second is the trope of the childhood friend who Mc believed to be a boy only to comeback as a cute rich girl, she's supposed to bean actual adversary to fmc for Mc's love but that is discarded quickly and it ends up in family drama and she was fmc's lost cousin all along.

In the end you could say Mc has a new "Harem" like he used to, but obviously only one of them is a romantic interest since sis and pink haired girl are actual family now

Adnd now for the final part... Does fake Mc ever chooses between the remaining two girls : he doesn't. They're all together at the wedding of the main couple ten years later.

I really recommend you search for the novel, but I'll try to give the most important stuff since some stuff also changes between light novel and web novel.

first for context, in the novel the Harem of fmc is huge, there are sempais, the school nurse, even Mc's young cool aunt kinda got tingly when she met him and 2 other important girls also fell for him in the WN but at least one of them got spared in the LN because nobody liked that happening, also most of those girls fall out of love with fake Mc instantly once he loses his mojo.

Now to the main three, Lil sis will be rejected hard in the next Manga chapter and fake Mc will use her confession to re boost his confidence and go Confess to shiho, obviously he gets rejected and he looses his cool again, then Lil sis mourns a bit while the main couple stay with her (both girls get real close from then on, pretty much sisters) and she has one of those moving on moments even cutting her pigtails and everything, apologizing openly to her bro and once she comes back to school she changes seats and leaves the "romantic comedy" in the WN there's a little relapse that Mc failed to prevent when he totally could (she literally says "if you think I shouldn't then I won't go for they guy and Mc says do whatever you want) but she resists fake Mc attempt to get close again and now she really gets closure, she has no romantic plot after that.

Library gyaru girl is the focus in vol 2, there's a new girl who tried to manipulate stuff so ryoma gets isolated, rejected, alone and with no one to fall back to, and the idea of the new girl was to have all the losing heroines go back to Mc but he botches her plans, library friend ends up really vulnerable and somehow really considering Mc romantically but he plays a "villain" rejecting her so hard and humiliating that she slaps him, but later she gets that Mc did it to wake her up, she recovers part of her old self and the volume ends with her thinking about Mc and what could have been if she hadn't been stupid. But since there are more Volumes, the author made it so she would continue to pursue fake Mc but in a more honest way, also she and Mc become friends again, they're not that close like they used to but there's no bad blood between them.

Third volume is about childhood friend being engaged with Mc for an arranged marriage by their parents, Mc uses fake Mc to get rid of that, trying to give him his confidence back, childhood friend is really weird in this one, she's at first resigned to her luck but she is really depressed, but once fake Mc comes to the rescue to confess to her she rejects him too, in the end at least the engagement is broken and childhood friend also keeps going for fake Mc even if she rejected him, so his Harem still exists until he can decide between them.
Childhood friend and Mc never really get along again, they remind each other of the worst part of their personalities so they kinda tolerate each other's presence but they never become even friends again.

The other two girls... One is a hilarious self insert, a cheat character to move the plot along, she's a millionaire that ends up as a maid for her classmates... and the second is the trope of the childhood friend who Mc believed to be a boy only to comeback as a cute rich girl, she's supposed to bean actual adversary to fmc for Mc's love but that is discarded quickly and it ends up in family drama and she was fmc's lost cousin all along.

In the end you could say Mc has a new "Harem" like he used to, but obviously only one of them is a romantic interest since sis and pink haired girl are actual family now

Adnd now for the final part... Does fake Mc ever chooses between the remaining two girls : he doesn't. They're all together at the wedding of the main couple ten years later.
Thanks for the spoilers. How many volumes are in the ln? Which one should I read, the ln or the web?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the spoilers. How many volumes are in the ln? Which one should I read, the ln or the web?
5 volumes for light novel (fifth one is like a short conclusion) and over 600 chapters of web novel, if you go the web novel rabbit hole check out the after stories like the Christmas or Halloween episodes and specially the 10 years later stories. Those are specially good and fit with the canonical ending.

Light novel is much more polished in how characters act and some parts of the web novel are dumb, there are a few small clusters of chapters on the WN that are worth saving tho, I would recommend light novel, then after stories from the web novel and finally the few short parts that ended up on the cutting floor, most of those are between volumes and on volume four which had major changes

Dex-chan lover

Thank god, I can still tolerate the sister since they are still family, even if not by blood. But for the other two, if they coming back to him looking for affection after abandoning him for a "better" guy... I'm just glad it doesn't happen.

Does this mean he ended up with them both? If not, did he ended up with anyone else?

Dex-chan lover

Thank god, I can still tolerate the sister since they are still family, even if not by blood. But for the other two, if they coming back to him looking for affection after abandoning him for a "better" guy... I'm just glad it doesn't happen.

Does this mean he ended up with them both? If not, did he ended up with anyone else?
It means it ended.... Open to interpretation. In the WN iirc they don't even get mentioned but since the ln has some extra scenes with that bunch, at least they show up for the epilogue but they don't have an epilogue of their own.

... How it should have ended, it should have been the childhood friend, because believe it or not fake Mc become a much more decent guy, even kinda apologizing for all their past to shiho, it's not like they become friends but at least she doesn't hares him or fears him as much anymore. But still there were some harious moments like when he finds out his previous Harem were all the "hand me downs" from Mc. So if each of them ended with the childhood friend of the other, it's even. also because the story of the library friend I felt was more about recovering her own persona that she changed when becoming a gyaru for fake Mc to notice her, she will be a more sympathetic character that what we can see in the Manga so far.

Dex-chan lover
It means it ended.... Open to interpretation. In the WN iirc they don't even get mentioned but since the ln has some extra scenes with that bunch, at least they show up for the epilogue but they don't have an epilogue of their own.

... How it should have ended, it should have been the childhood friend, because believe it or not fake Mc become a much more decent guy, even kinda apologizing for all their past to shiho, it's not like they become friends but at least she doesn't hares him or fears him as much anymore. But still there were some harious moments like when he finds out his previous Harem were all the "hand me downs" from Mc. So if each of them ended with the childhood friend of the other, it's even. also because the story of the library friend I felt was more about recovering her own persona that she changed when becoming a gyaru for fake Mc to notice her, she will be a more sympathetic character that what we can see in the Manga so far.
Need me to reread few times but I finally got it, thanks.

On a side note, have you read Nyanta to Pomeko? This is sudden, but I think they are a little similar in a way. Rather than just leaving the MC, they "betray" him and there is no "antagonist"(or well, the girls are the antagonist in MC's eyes). It's a bit heavy and psychological story. There is a manga, but it's ended while leaving some story untold. The wn have more content, but currently on hiatus.

Idk why this even turned into a recommendation, but reading all of this reminds me of it.

(speaking of Nyanta to Pomeko, there is also a story that probably inspired it called The Girls who Traumatized Me. Despite the title, it is actually lighter than the former. Though, I haven't read much of the novel).

Users who are viewing this thread