Shimotsuki-san wa Mobu ga Suki ~Hitomishiri na Kanojo wa Ore ni Dake Dere Amai~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
Man I don't fucking get it.. are there any Spoilers? The entire World they live in seems like a weird Otome Game Simulation, but we just weren't told 😐
I feel like it's missing a supernatural tag or shit (She apparently doesn't even know why she loves him)

Also I sure hope it won't just end with all those girls coming back and trying to get between him and Shiho <_<
Spoiler: the story is very meta, if you read the novel the author narates the story as if the story itself is being self aware of the tropes subversion etc, basically the MC is aware of everything and the tropes going on around him. It's indeed touching some sort of supernatural feeling when everything conveniently fall into romcom tropes and they're sort of aware their own roles...
the harem MC indeed corrupts every girls' mind who interact with him (by some sort of "god of romance" interference), when the brainwashing is lost at some point in the future they're sort of confused about why did they loved him... The fangirls who only interact with him for a bit simply move on and forget about him but the "sub heroines" are way too aflicted they're kind of ended up miserable aside from Azusa.

Shiho managed to not get brainwashed since from the very beginning she knows something amiss with the guy so she basically completely denying actual interaction with him. She got somekind of supernatural sense that can hear pleasant/unpleasant "sound" from people.

They won't interrupt MC and Shiho after that, but we do have some new girls joining in who does getting in the way later.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Spoiler: the story is very meta, if you read the novel the author narates the story as if the story itself is being self aware of the tropes subversion etc, basically the MC is aware of everything and the tropes going on around him. It's indeed touching some sort of supernatural feeling when everything conveniently fall into romcom tropes and they're sort of aware their own roles...
the harem MC indeed corrupts every girls' mind who interact with him (by some sort of "god of romance" interference), when the brainwashing is lost at some point in the future they're sort of confused about why did they loved him... The fangirls who only interact with him for a bit simply move on and forget about him but the "sub heroines" are way too aflicted they're kind of ended up miserable aside from Azusa.

Shiho managed to not get brainwashed since from the very beginning she knows something amiss with the guy so she basically completely denying actual interaction with him. She got somekind of supernatural sense that can hear pleasant/unpleasant "sound" from people.

They won't interrupt MC and Shiho after that, but we do have some new girls joining in who does getting in the way later.
So how I understand it, its just that the manga is lacking elements the novel conveyed so it's leaving more questions open than it should ?

Dex-chan lover
man i wish that guy would just
frieren-the-gamer-v0-2i894ycgcc0c1.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
So how I understand it, its just that the manga is lacking elements the novel conveyed so it's leaving more questions open than it should ?
Yeah I think they kinda left the inner monologue/narration out which might make the story a bit harder to digest. It's probably easier to read if you think of this story as if some fickle god of romcom are forcing script to people while our MC kind of aware of it, and he just "fuck you script" and screw the supposed romcom story. It's implied that the harem MC supposed to be with Shiho if it's going according to the script.

It's pretty meta in the sense that the author is mocking the usual dense harem romcom protag.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Please delete this if possible, double post by mistake

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Yeah, we're watching the story as if we were classmates instead of having the bird's eye view the novel gives.

The main objective of the story is actually for the characters to get free from the romcom tropes in their lives.
the main characters move on to live a happy boring life, MC ends up with shiho by his side and Azusa by his other side (non romantically) while the other girl who briefly is a contender for MC's love but who now is just a good friend stays in their circle too, he gets three girls again but the right ones and in the right way[/ SPOILER]

Dex-chan lover
It can also be like that meme about car side mirror almost hitting the wall and labelled as rough play and rape. The difference is paper thin.

In usual romcom, the MC can be like Ryouma, pushing his own value and belief. Things went fine because everyone, or at least the heroines, agree with his cliche words and feel saved, thus they trust, depend, and love him.
But here, we can see it in less involved way, and it sounds cringe.

Double-page supporter
It can also be like that meme about car side mirror almost hitting the wall and labelled as rough play and rape. The difference is paper thin.

In usual romcom, the MC can be like Ryouma, pushing his own value and belief. Things went fine because everyone, or at least the heroines, agree with his cliche words and feel saved, thus they trust, depend, and love him.
But here, we can see it in less involved way, and it sounds cringe.
Raws for chapter 12 have been out for a few days and...

to the point that even Azusa scolds or argues with ryoma apparently, can't confirm since I don't know Japanese that much and also they're rushing azusa's falling out of love with ryoma a lot compared to the web novel

Supporter
Glad to see the little sis is moving away from that dbag. It’s too awkward with her and the MC living together with different views and would hinder the story going forward I think.

Dex-chan lover
to put it shortly...yeah, everyone here is influenced by "the power of the script" and it favours some more than others, that's why the three girls are in love with ryoma for no reason, also why MC had such low self esteem at the beggining and many more stuff...

the three girls have different "endings" but none of them will get between shiho and the MC, the sister goes back to be like before ryoma appeared, even in this chapter you can see her going back to normal with MC and breaking the spell slowly, she also becomes very good friends with shiho (we can also see the beginings of that on this chapter) the other two will have their dramatic arcs but will remain in love with ryoma, library girl will become friends with MC again but not as close as they were before, childhood friend only has eyes for ryoma and MC and her kinda settle on how they really don't like each other anymore
So wait your saying that this is a otome Isekai with Ryoma being the isekaied "protag"?!?

and if your spoilers are true then what does that make Shiho? why does the script not effect her does that mean she is also a isekaied person as well?

Dex-chan lover
So wait your saying that this is a otome Isekai with Ryoma being the isekaied "protag"?!?

and if your spoilers are true then what does that make Shiho? why does the script not effect her does that mean she is also a isekaied person as well?
There's no isekai. It's just being super meta. Shiho is not affected because she's the "main heroine" and has seemingly supernatural powers like with Ryomas brainwashing.

Supporter
Man I don't fucking get it.. are there any Spoilers? The entire World they live in seems like a weird Otome Game Simulation, but we just weren't told 😐
I feel like it's missing a supernatural tag or shit (She apparently doesn't even know why she loves him)
She claims she can read hear his aura and it feels the safest she's ever  read heard. Between that and the active protection he provides for her, even if she's not actively aware of it, she has reasons.

But, yeah, given the unnatural way in which the shitty ikemen gets all the girls (and loses them just as quickly and unnaturally when he's through with them, "supernatural" is likely fitting.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
See, here's the thing: Azusa woke up from whatever weird spell Ryouma's put her under. She woke up first because she's the MC's sister and has always felt bad about the horrible thing she said to her real brother about how Ryouma's her ideal brother. She's still in love with Ryouma even if she doesn't know why so she wants to confess and be rejected so she can move on from him. Azusa waking up is important because it means she can call the MC's former friends out for what they're actions did to her brother because she did the same thing and realized it was wrong. The other thing is, for some reason it looks like it was an ntr spell. Because all of Ryouma's heroines were close to the MC before high school. But Ryouma doesn't understand that Shiho isn't his heroine. In fact, he's her antagonist. The fact that gets made worse by both the fact that he's hostile to her actual love interest and is ignoring the fact that he's not really her friend and she blatantly ignores and avoids him. So he's caught off guard when Shiho gets through to him because she's advancing her relationship with someone else and still giving him "I don't like you" Signals.

Dex-chan lover
I like the plot, writing is kinda meh but then again most are. What mostly bugs me is how the background is always just white void like they all died and are camping in the pearly gates :/
Agreed fam, I struggle with full on shitting on the writing solely from the idea that the MC is telling it from the stance of a fairytale

Dex-chan lover
The story shows us what is happening and morons in the comments are still unable to understand the world is influencing them

Users who are viewing this thread