Shin Elf-san wa Yaserarenai - Digital Colored Comics - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Slippery Needs

Aggregator gang
I get the feeling this episode was brought to us by methonium going on some hardcore diet and putting the resultant madness into her work.

Dex-chan lover
There's a great deal of conflicting evidence on the health benefits of one oil/fat source over another. Aside from eating a bare minimum of essential fatty acids, and avoiding large quantities of total fats, there's no practical benefits to changing dietary fats or to taking oil supplements. Ignition or smoke point is something you should pay attention to in all cooking as it increases the rate of oxidation/rancidification and production of carcinogenic byproducts like acrylamide. The theory that MCTs you ingest aren't stored as fat is nonsense. The body doesn't examine what fats it's absorbing and sort if it's going to digest or store them. All fatty acid chains consumed are broken into triglycerides and transported to cells. Cells produce all stored fats de novo based on hormone levels of insulin, leptin, and growth hormone which are released in response to blood glucose. The theory that saturated fats increase plaque formation leading to cardiovascular disease has also not panned out. There's even some evidence that high omega-3 consumption out of proportion to omega-6 consumption increases health risks. Many other factors such as genetics and activity level effect total cholesterol and hdl/ldl ratio much more than which fats you consume though total dietary fat is proportional. Even the relationship between cholesterol level and plaque formation is only clear at extremely high values or when other risk factors are present like obesity, hypertension, diabetes, and limited cardiovascular exercise.

There are some interesting studies on total fat replacements between conventional saturated and monounsaturated fats compared to highly processed polyunsaturated oils and all cause mortality. The working theory is that they're more susceptible to oxidation chain reactions and that oxidative stress increases the degradation of lipid layers in cell membranes which is a similar mechanism to the dangers of oil degradation while cooking I mentioned before.

The only part of what Naoe talked about that's correct is that some vitamins are fat soluble, and when taking prescribed supplements or medication for documented medical conditions, taking them with fats, water, alkaline liquids like milk, or acidic drinks like fruit juice or soda can affect their absorption.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
as far as I can tell, 90% of the health information in this manga is inaccurate, but I don't care. I'm not going to follow any of it anyway, I'm just here for the girls.

Dex-chan lover
And I thought the MC juet wanted to make his own Ipph White coffee.

That credit page... we can only dream...:meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
as far as I can tell, 90% of the health information in this manga is inaccurate, but I don't care. I'm not going to follow any of it anyway, I'm just here for the girls.
I can still enjoy the series, but every time they mention "X improves circulation" it drives me insane. If there was a problem with your circulation, you'd be turning blue and fainting.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure quality of circulation isn't as binary as "completely perfect vs. dead".
Yes but you'd have ulcers, cold mottled skin, and limbs literally rotting if you didn't have enough. Look at poorly managed diabetes.

No massage fixes that. You need to see a vascular surgeon or interventional radiologist.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine if the elf discovers poutine!
Poutine-1-500x500.jpg
Are there any Canadian monsters? Besides our Prime Minister, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread