Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Vol. 13 Ch. 65

Dex-chan lover
just small lesson for him to learn

on not destroying other couple sleeping bed...just because you jealous of them

• Angry
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Until he asked Theodora to restore his hands (which means that it's likely reasonably possible) I was actually sort of hoping that he'd live after getting de-handed. That way without his magic he could watch what was left of his legacy crumble as his crimes came to light and he would be responsible for all of it.

But I'm also fine with not going that direction so that we don't have to do the stupid forgiveness route. Rest in piss, douchebag.
Yeah, it also might end up leading to his “replacement” for the hero’s assistant appointed by the country (or whichever authority), which our MC and hero do not want, cause the hero won’t be able to stay away from the fight then.

As much as we want to see ruin, it’s not worth it.

Dex-chan lover
Fucking finally. This stupid dungeon arc killed any momentum this series had for me, 7 months dedicated to this bullshit Dragon Ball Z fight, I'm so glad it's over. Now get back to a fucking slow life romance and raising your sister in a simple slice of life story or else this series is getting axed.

Sorry author, but no one has ever cared about the "action" in these romance comedies. This isn't Berserk, we aren't here for that. No one was ever here for that, it's fun when it pops up, but the ROMANCE is what people want.
Agreed. To me this manga went from an alright 6/10 to a 4/10 with all this nonsense. Boring fights, boring villain, and of course our Gary Stu protagonist is the one that finishes the guy off.

Dex-chan lover
I would usually agree with you, and I do here as well up to a point.

It was kinda long however the fact that he actually killed that mf instead of going the dumb#ss forgiveness route like 95% of these types of mangas makes it kinda worth it, it's so goddamn rare that it was immensly satisfying.

And it's not like there wasn't much romance up to this point, there was a fair bit of it and now yeah hopefully we go back to fluffy/wholesome romance.

So yeah I agree it was too long, espacially considering it's monthly updates, but the ruthlessness made it kinda worth it (for once) in my opinion.
I'm not saying I disagree.

But playing devils advocate, "forgiveness route" often is the best option.

What's better than a dead powerful bad guy?

A former bad guy who now is on the side of the good guys, a powerful new ally.

And in non battle/power scenarios, death is a cop out. They get off easy.

Regardless, Gideon went batshit crazy, and did not express even the tiniest inkling of regret. The only reason to keep him alive would be if there was a imminent threat, or it turned out his craziness was due to his blessing/job(if he took the drug and was appalled by what he did).

(The real issue with "forgiveness" routes more than anything, is how nonchalant most series do it, how those series never give it any weight or consequences.)

This mostly was slow because of the serialization speed/length making it feel longer than it should(if it had more pages(more progress per chapter) or updated more frequently, it wouldn't feel that way). Reading the novel version all of this flowed well, with the appropriate amount of time it deserved.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really see how making them suffer before death benefits anyone. That's how you become radicalized dude, by thinking justice = what they deserve = suffering.

I hate to point it out, but just look at all the wars we have these days. No one will ever feel guilty about making others suffer because, well, in their mind it's what they deserve because they are "evil" (a concept that is so childish that it's scary people have devolved into good/evil). Social media has helped speed up this good vs evil stupidity and here we are.

Everyone thinks everyone deserves justified punishment for their actions.

I really really want you to realize that, barring what you said about social media, you just described Ares' mentality and history almost exactly.

He could have began correcting course at any single point by admitting to himself "I was wrong, I should try to make amends". But he didn't.

The inability to say the equivalent of that is the actual reason for a lot conflict.

And you should note that Ares-like persons, if they get someone else to say that, absolutely would make that person suffer. So then you get more evil that stay in power, and those trying to be and do good remain powerless.

Good and evil are real concepts. They are the boiled down and simplified explanations of, as an example, Ares' history of decisions, deeds, and mentality. Reality doesn't make it easy to simplify this, with various tactics like hiding/not publishing information, (dis)information overload, various forms of bribery, and various forms of longterm law/rule changes. It happens at individual, small, and large scale all the time.

To speak as broadly as you do, and in the manner you do, is childish. And is another reason for the exact thing you are trying to point out.

Dex-chan lover
So yeah I agree it was too long, espacially considering it's monthly updates, but the ruthlessness made it kinda worth it (for once) in my opinion.

Meanwhile S2 of the anime has already started and it's going to take a long time for future manga chapters to catch up with it's pacing...

...although, a plus factor is the manga adapting some of the minute story details from the LN instead of skimming over them like the anime.

Or the manga doing some visual stuff better, like that goat contract demon. The manga gives us a sexy dangerous goat demon lady, the anime gave this rejected goat mascot.

Contributor
Good riddance. Red didn't even want revenge after getting kicked out, but we still end up here because of Ares's actions.

A satisfying end to a loathsome enemy. Page 33 has a clear view of his bloody corpse, that should be the end of him.

Dex-chan lover
I'll be quoting Yoshikage Kira: "I got an erection."

• This
Dex-chan lover
Fucking finally. This stupid dungeon arc killed any momentum this series had for me, 7 months dedicated to this bullshit Dragon Ball Z fight, I'm so glad it's over. Now get back to a fucking slow life romance and raising your sister in a simple slice of life story or else this series is getting axed.

Sorry author, but no one has ever cared about the "action" in these romance comedies. This isn't Berserk, we aren't here for that. No one was ever here for that, it's fun when it pops up, but the ROMANCE is what people want.
you should be reading the light novels then. The arc was only like a month when released and its long beyond that now. That's just the limit of how fast manga can be drawn you're up against.

Dex-chan lover
Idk how others think but when I see these villain deaths that do this much horrible shit I just always imagine an alternate version where these MC's get something like super saiyan and pummel them to death insted of just finishing the job quickly. It's the least they deserve
If you step in dog shit, you dont kick and punch the dog shit you stepped on, you clean it off to get rid of the dog shit ASAP.

Dex-chan lover
He killed Ares with his own hand so his sister doesn't have to. No one even feel pity for his dead, everyone reaction was more of "good grief, I'm finally free from his bullshit"

Users who are viewing this thread