Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita

Dex-chan lover
I hope the translations catch up in time for Season 2 of the anime :V
This was my first "Kicked out of the hero's party" series and loved it mainly because it had a bit of everything and was done pretty well. Read it after accidentally finding it on here well after I had watched the anime but it was still great seeing all of the developments in the manga.

As much I remember this story is already animated and completed in anime so are they gonna release it continuously
even though the story ended when hero get cured and then she stay with her brother?

Dex-chan lover
i could care less about all the rest of the story but tise being expressionless but freaking out the entire time was very endearing, i pretty much kept reading for her despite her not being a focal point. her inner monologue was hilarious

Contributor
I remember this one. I dropped it after a while.
Why ? Because the main female character is Bland and totally uninteresting, a major problem in a slowlife romcom with 2 characters.

She's just here for wish-fullfilment, nothing else. At least MC is not so bad.

Dex-chan lover
The whole story is framed around giving value to personal choice and freedoms regardless of potential cost to society. This might be fine on a lesser scale -- there's nothing wrong with wanting your own life and your own actions -- but the story plays it to absolute extremes to the point of stupidity and blind selfishness. One character in particular is condemning thousands to death so she can hang out and have fun with her brother when she is explicitly the strongest being in the setting other than God and could just hang out with her brother after they kill the demon king. (A point they were very near before she just decided to fuck off!) The story frames her as being in the right for doing this, too! Everyone who opposes the idea is painted as either stupid or pure evil like there is no point to the argument of having a responsibility to others. There's no sign in-story that anyone else can take on the demon king, so by electing not to act, she signs a death warrant for all who the demon king attacks. There's no sign the shitty system can be changed, either. The story just goes, "Welp, sure most of humanity will die, but hey, this teenage girl got to do what she wanted so it's worth it right?"

I'm sure eventually the story will culminate in a big moment where the god is the real antagonist and is puppeting everyone to make this shit happen, but that doesn't excuse the stupidity of the story in getting there. Even if the case there is no evidence in the text that is apparent to our characters of it, yet they still act like they are in the right and the narrative affirms them for it. It's incredibly frustrating, this story could have actually grappled with personal responsibilities and when it's okay to quit but instead just lumps it all into "it's always your choice, do whatever you want, more power to you!"

tigerstar186, I don't think it's as obvious a call as you've made it seem. The party has been traveling around killing demons. I don't remember how close they were to the demon king, but even now one of the demons that they'd already killed is apparently alive and well. [hero] is the strongest designation, but we don't know for sure that it's enough to kill the demon king, or that the party couldn't complete the task w/o her. In fact each party member has their own reason for being there, and none of them have demonstrated a willingness to continue towards the goal of killing the demon king w/o the hero.

I do like that the story seems to be exploring the idea of whether or not 'you can, therefore you must' is a reasonable stance to have. I think the typical person would say that's unreasonable, but like you pointed out, this story is cranking the stakes to 11 and then saying 'ok how about now? at what point do your desires as an individual become irrelevant?'

Last edited:
cant be shocked i guess that the brother who didnt get the hero blessing instead of his sister is a herbivore

Dex-chan lover
Gosh I sure do hope there's 20 more chapters in the same area just fighting.

Dex-chan lover
this reads like a shoujo manga. so many contrived shits for the sake of contrived shits and nothing else lol.

Users who are viewing this thread