Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita

Contributor
i dunno, this dosnt seem that bad. i feel like the prologue was rushed just to get the setting established, its far too early to call it shit or not. id give it 5 chapters. Not to mention the art is really nice

For the people who read the light novel or know what it is about, is the summary correct?

Dex-chan lover
I haven't read the LN, and I can already see where this is going.
The MC left his friends and family without prior notice -- only because some other stupid cuck told him to fuck off, like the beta-fag that he is.
That leaves the story only very few options, one of which are -- the MC's friends and family go look for him on a long arse misunderstanding-arc, and end up beating the shit out of the sage.

I'd say 2 chapters were more than enough for such a premise.

@Solipsist - It's not an action isekai for now, more a slice-of-life in a isekai world, so that premise is more than enough, and my resolution is simply that the "hero party" will never show up again, and the MC will rebuild a quiet and successful life without them. That will be to me ideal.

Power Uploader
*Looks for new interesting manga on frontpage*

*Sees a stupid long name*

Let me guess... trashy isekai #74472

*Looks comments*

Guess not a Isekai, but pretty much same setting and tropes besides the "transported into a new world".

*Writes it down as trashy Isekai anyways*

Next!

Dex-chan lover
@Caretaker
In terms of plain story-writing, if anything related to being a Hero will never appear ever again in the story -- there was absolutely no reason to even mention it. And seeing as this is a low-level Jap story, you can bet your arse the hero-party will make an appearance once again.
That being said, if you're actually capable of putting that much trust into such a story...It's nice to see that there are some people whose standards are even lower than mine. It seems like I haven't gone too far, just yet.

This story is a slice of life story in a fantasy world, with an OP main character. It gets interesting as it deals with the struggles of people who don't mesh well with their divine guidance.

Though I can't help but think that the main character's name should be translated as Rhett, instead of Red. Rhett also sounds more similar to Lit (or Rita, if you want to get a bit creative with the name translation)

Dex-chan lover
Based on the original novel, there actually is a compelling story here after you get through the OP character and romance fluff introduction.

How's the protag OP? Looks like an average skilled fighter, but that about it.

Spoil me if you wanna.

He's OP compared to most people because, as the summary says, his "Divine Protection" (character class) grants him a high starting level, which means fairly high base stats. In a straight-up fight he could probably depopulate the town he lives in including most of the other adventurers, and be a challenge to the rest. But that's solely due to his level, as he doesn't have the skills, spells, or resists to handle high-level combat against magical enemies like demons. He's still outclassed by others, but to most people he'd be a terrifying murder machine if he felt like it because his basic combat abilities are so far above the norm. The vast majority can't meaningfully threaten him in a fight. A weak superhero is still a superhero.

Group Leader
So... His blessing is literally "Clutch Character." And we have another Jealous creepy sage screwing over someone to get closer to the heroine... is that a trope from a specific game they're referencing or something?

Dex-chan lover
The web novel that this is based on is a nice slow burn...thorough introduction to the MC with enough tidbits of back story to make you want to learn more, solid establishment of the setting. By the time that Lit shows up some 20-30 chapters later, you know all of Red's foibles and aspirations, you are clear on the dynamic of the small town drama of the setting, you have fleshed out at least one antagonist and set the stage for others to step in as needed.

Once Lit arrives, their shared story, and her personal story, are pieced together naturally with the telling of the ongoing frontier slow-life narrative that helps define both Red and Lit and provides the motivations for their actions and attitudes that have to develop for the next few story arcs to take place. The pacing is intentionally slow and languid, as a reflection of temperament of the characters, and later to act as contrast as elements from the past start to catch up to Red and Lit, despite their best efforts to take it easy and stay retired.

Compared to the aimless bouncing from crisis to crisis that embodies most web novels, this one is distinct in its thoughtfulness and restraint, both in action and in the author's planning of the story. You are at least 130 chapters in before things start to catch up to our main two characters in earnest, and by that time the pressure has gradually increased enough that having the back story crash into the main story is a relief, even as it shakes things up and starts dragging you off down the bumpy train in a complex web of plot that was fully earned.

So for this manga to bring in Lit by the second chapter and to vomit our all Red and Lit's shared backstory by the end of the fourth chapter is a real disservice to the source material. The Muses weep.

Users who are viewing this thread