Shingeki no Eroko-san ~Hen na Oneesan wa Danshikousei to Nakayoku Naritai~

Dex-chan lover
@BraveHeartedHero You missed the point, I was not proving nor disproving any point, but stating a different point, that is understanding. You yourself don't care, but someone might. At the same time, someone else might care but you yourself don't. It matters not, but always er on the side of caution if you want to avoid stepping on toes, or if you know that what you do would step on toes. By being apart of this forum, you by and large have to abide by its rules, its part of the reason for signing on. What you do or say in your personal time is your business, but know that the you here in this forum does not translate to others to the you in your private life completely. While everyone's experiences are their own experiences, using that supersede your own would simply amount to a lack of empathy on any part. Knowing said word, and using it full well, is different than haphazardly using it simply because, "oh hey it sounds nice and cool" when undoubtably you could have choosen a different one.Do whatever, but know actions have consequences, and if you act against the wishes of those who moderate, then honestly cannot fault them as they state and make the rules. Likewise towards the manga that does have the n-word; the creator is Jamaican, and assumption being they are black and can probably use and say it.

She's probably going to rape him soon enough

Also what the hell is going on in this comment section. Racism? Sexism? What? What happened to tittie appreciation?

Jesus Christ these comments are a shitshow... I'm just glad the romance in the manga is progressing at a quick pace, I much prefer a good steady progression compared to all the slow will-they-won't-they type stuff we usually get

Group Leader
There seems to be a rise in romances that also take their characters' libido into account! Fechippuru was the first I read, Necromance was the second, and now this. I really like it!

@UnluckyGrape I will fully say that it is a lack of empathy on my part. I don't care about random people on the internet that I will never meet or speak to again. Is that bad? It's meh. I will forget about you once lunch sets in. I did state that I will follow forum rules because those are rules. I just don't care for the logic behind the rules. If I can get banned for follow rules I dislike then that is a sad day. The actions have consequences argument also means little to me since people only like to use it when its convenient to them. Any this conversation is way off topic for this manga and will ruin its atmosphere for others just looking to get opinions on it. I will be ending it here by stating that I will agree to disagree with you. Forum policy is well and good so it should be followed. No one however should try to control what words people use in their personal lives. That is my overall point and you know there are people out there who try to do this. Those are the people I dislike. You don't sound like one of those but you do sound like you're warning me that I shouldn't use it and just say other words instead. Your right to warn me but my right to tell you that your warning if you are giving one can go up where the sun doesn't shine.

Contributor
*checks thread title*
*reads through walls and walls of text*

Well, that was something.
A lot of something wholly unrelated to the original discussion of derivative marshmallow-y series.
And, I daresay, more entertaining than the manga itself, in an ironic sort of way.

YEET.png

Group Leader
Hmm I'm not sure about these translations... can we get a 3rd group just to be safe?

@punpun

Hey, I'm a bilingual translation major and I can say that while I don't always necessarily agree with how HAS words their lines, they are FAR more accurate on a holistic level. TOOR's translations are littered with mistranslations that make it obvious that the translator has only a dictionary-based (as opposed to functioning) understanding of Japanese and it makes it very difficult for them to accurately translate what people are actually saying. On top of that, HAS just reads way better and the intentions of lines flow so much better.

If you want loyalty to the intentions of the original, stick with HAS.

Dex-chan lover
@BraveHeartedHero You fall into the tautology of paradox as well as hypocrisy saying both "no one can control what other people say or do" as well as saying you will end the conversation. As for your last part, I don't care about some random person behind a screen enough. You could die in the next five minutes and not reply to this message, and I could find no empathy simply because talk is cheaper, and gets cheaper still behind a screen.

Imagine getting close to this voluptuous yet slightly odd onee-san, and her taking you home some day only to find a fully dressed doll very much to your likeness, in her room. Beauty or not, but that's where I'd be walking straight out of that relationship.

@jesusworegucci I just compared chapter 1 and chapter 6 from both groups and I'm not sure what you mean. The thoughts, feelings and concepts communicated in this manga are of such a simple nature that the difference in translation between the groups seems completely insignificant?

That said, I'm not a master linguist so maybe the significance is just lost on my ignorance.

Dex-chan lover
Which translator is better? Has seems to translate better. Toor has better photoshop covers.
hmm

Users who are viewing this thread