Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 32 Ch. 128 - Traitors

@Lux "since only royals can use it except for this time only" Very silly thing to say. The whole reason that only royals could use the founding titans power was because of her seeing herself as a slave. Eren 'broke that spell'.
The only thing we know for sure is that the previous rules no longer apply.

Lux

Power Uploader
@SeerSap We really don't know if it's as simple as that. The scene of Ymir crying just skipped to Eren all of a sudden and you're only inferring that she really made up her mind 'permanently' or if it's more complicated than that. As example, she could have managed to break free but only on certain conditions, and these conditions may even include what Eren is doing. We know we are going to get more of Ymir later anyway since the power of the titans will have to disappear by the end.

But most importantly what's really silly and what i was referring to is that the alliance don't know anything about that, from their perspective the Founder power is mysterious and they don't really know much about it. Eren got it by touching Zeke but there's no certainty from their perspective that Eren will be able to use it forever. Their actions for all they know may end up dooming them all.

Dex-chan lover
I'm halfway into the chapter and don't even know if I can continue the chapter or the series, it's so fucking stupid.

Aggregator gang
This shit's been completely garbage since Annie woke up and Eren's not showing up.

Double-page supporter
@Amplify

I completely agree. We're supposed to be rooting for this team of traitors who chose to protect the enemies who want them dead against the guy trying to save them.

@Yourself

It's pretty obvious what the ending will be at this point. Eren is stopped,the whole world magically forgive them and forget that they hate eldians and everybody lives happily ever after. oh and
Hange marries me

Fed-Kun's army
This is getting stupid and doesn't make sense. Japan always have this tendency of saving everyone when they make a story. That's actually not bad. The thing is, they don't really have a solid argument for doing so most of the time. This manga probably the worst case of that.
Like, killing your own comrades to save the country of your enemies?????
Even if because you don't want your bestest become a mass murderer, that's still stupid.

Interesting to see a lot of people hating on the alliance. I don’t understand how they’re going to stop Eren without a plan for the world retaliation, but I really want to see how the author will pull this off.

Double-page supporter
@Jcowwell same. I think it's actually really interesting and I'm curious to see where the story will go next. There are no good solutions to this conflict so no matter what choices the characters take, there will be negative consequences.

Well, letting Mangadex readers read such a profound story is like having a pig read the Divine Comedy.

We really have people who call the attempt to prevent multiple mass genocides "stupid".

As if the "rest of the world" could be considered a single entity and not billions of lives with different morality, objectives and motivations.

SO, all in all, there are no shining armor heroes on this one...

That said, can someone slap the emo out of Eren before he ends up killing everyone?

Dex-chan lover
Levi probably laying there thinking "God I miss Erwin".

I'm glad Marley's first in line for getting fucked up, they seem to be the worst offenders when it comes to persecuting Eldians. I'm not a fan of Eren going out of his way to destroy the entire world, but at the same time I don't want to see this half-assed attempt to stop him actually succeed. I'd like to see what kind of countermeasures the world's other countries can conjure up. Marley was shown to be behind technologically due to over reliance on Titans.

Also, where is Historia!? She's one of the few characters I actually like in this manga. I'd happily trade all these panels wasted on Gabi for her.

Many people dont get it. Eren pretty much is pulling almost the same thing the world pulled on islanders. People who suffered certain fate would not want others suffer the same. The main statement in the manga is that sons are not responsible for their fathers sins. So this kind of plot progression is fairly obvious and simple. The ending will probably be with either Eren destroying Marley only as an example and let himself be slain by his friends so the world acknowledges their effort, or all of this is some weird hypnosis he pulled using the original titan power

Fed-Kun's army
@Mattopui @Brave_Sp1r1t
Naturally, the comment section for a gruesome action series like this invites social outcasts and other bitter people who want to vicariously live out their revenge fantasies against the world that made them feel miserable. It's also natural if the characters expected to enact such fantasies are bogged down by the same self-doubt and insecurity that is normal for a person to have. It's the same reason people hate Shinji Ikari: his being an emotionally fragile, socially inept teenager, ravaged by hormones, saddled with responsibilities and continually pummeled by circumstances he has no control over is such a biting insight into a life of tens of millions of people around the world, it really becomes hard not to project one's self-loathing onto him. People aren't inclined to root for what they perceive as their own weakness.

Tbh I don't think calling them out solves anything, but time usually does. Some 19-20 years ago I was like that, too. Then my life eventually turned for the better and I wisened up.

Fed-Kun's army
@shoker
Note the gradual shift in morality.

First they fought against the titans as a mindless entity, essentially a force of nature.

Then they learned of the invaders from outside the walls, a completely unknown people from a completely unknown place that was easy to disassociate with.

Then they fought against their own government inside the walls, the very people that were supposed to keep them safe, which were designated as the oppressors.

Now, after a brief shift of focus back to the invaders, they are fighting their own friends, the people who fought alongside them just some months ago, the traitors.

With every step, the enemy—or rather the concept thereof—is becoming closer, more familiar, and more personal. Whenever you think you've made peace with dividing the world into "us" and "them", the "us" are just divided further in a never-ending cycle of discord, and this continuous realization is eating away at their sanity.

Naturally, the last step is conquering the enemy inside oneself, which is the desire to perceive the world as "us vs. them" in the first place, in favor of just "us". All people are us, they all deserve to live. Hence the tragedy and horror of having to kill one of us, a fellow human being. This isn't going to go anywhere. War will either turn you into a staunch pacifist or a ruthless psychopath. The coalition group—well, at least some of them, perhaps even reluctantly—have finally arrived at the final test of their humanity.

This is actually quite poignant, and also quite bizarre that such a straightforward anti-war message is being missed for the trees.

Eren serves both as a protagonist and the antagonist of the series because of this inward focus. Both he and Zeke were early to realize how this conflict was going to end, but where Zeke's solution was one of collective redemption, Eren's is quite personal. He's the Lelouch of this series, and he orchestrated this entire endgame in a way that will, hopefully, allow the islanders to coexist with the rest of the world.

Fed-Kun's army
LMAO so fast on calling people pig for not having the same idea with you? And you dare talking about morals?

The fact that you would rather attacking others' very existence rather than talking about the actual chapter telling so much about your character. Yes, you. We all know who am I talking too. Stick to the topic will ya?

Users who are viewing this thread